It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON report UFO lands in Texas, two 'creatures' on the ground December 11, 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The story sounds a lot like some of the ones I saw on another site last night that has historical reports dating from the mid 1800s. If those are real reports from that time frame and not the product of someones modern day imagination then I give them a lot more credibility than reports after the 1940s.

I am beginning to get the feeling that Earth is a big biological theme park for alien tourism...we are like animals in a zoo.

Anyway..MUFON needs to change access to their case management system because hoaxers are posting things there then referencing their own posting as coming from MUFON.

edit: I just looked at MUFON and there were two cases reported in Texas about the same time where people saw a similar UFO and occupants out collecting things. I read both reports..and I suspect the same person wrote both... I hate to say it..but I suspect HOAX

[edit on 15-12-2009 by expat2368]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
cool story.

sounds "possible", but pics or it didn't happen.

Or - at least this - Radar Returns or GTFO!

I have recently wondered tho - if someone at MUFON could create a system like the fictional "mosaic" system on TV - that could at least compare unverified testimony submitted throughout the world for similarities in key words or descriptions.

Perhaps create a heirarchy of potential legitimacy in these hard to vette cases...

Maybe someone here at ATS has the skillset to do this and give it to them for free?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
Why cant people just accept that *snip* happens?? regardless of pictures or videos?

Why cant some people just accept that some people just make things up? Not every claim you hear is true

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
To me, it's just another story to add to the pile. I have no reason to doubt what they say, and I have no reason to believe it, either. I don't think it sounds very original, but why should it? Not every encounter has to be unique.

Just another couple of time travelers who stopped by for a moment, picked up some souveniers, and left without a trace. Happens all the time.

Can't prove any of it. But, then again, in the UFO/ Alien/ Time Traveler/ Demon/ Angel/ Whatever field, just what can you prove? We can maybe prove that something odd is going on, if only because of the many reports. As for what that something is... we got nothing.

I get the feeling most people who have encounters like this don't even report them anymore. What's the use? Nobody has any answers.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by 2000 Yards]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
I have recently wondered tho - if someone at MUFON could create a system like the fictional "mosaic" system on TV - that could at least compare unverified testimony submitted throughout the world for similarities in key words or descriptions.

Perhaps create a heirarchy of potential legitimacy in these hard to vette cases...

Yeah, but which would be the most legitimate? The ones that sounded like all the other cases, or the ones that had something unique in them? I can tell you a story that had a ship and "aliens" just like those in the Betty and Barney Hill case. That doesn't make it more legitimate. A lot of people feel that if you're not describing aliens like those in the Roswell story, you're just making it up. (Even though most people will tell you "Greys" crashed at Roswell, even though the stories say otherwise.)

It's a tough one. Even if somebody managed to shoot an alien or time traveler or whatever, that wouldn't mean they all looked like that. Especially considering the huge number or shapes and configurations they possibly could be.

This encounter sounds a lot like Lonnie Zamora's Soccoro sighting. Except maybe for the bug eyes. Does that give it any more weight?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No offense intended, but this tends to read like a really colorful story...

expressing his disbelief

haunt me till the day I die

It's eyes were large, almost like the eyes of a praying mantis, except they were jet back and wrapped around its head.

the craft lifts up, not a sound coming from the object, no rush of wind, not even a swaying of the nearby branches of a mesquite tree.

getting higher and higher till it faded away.

Whomever wrote this, should write books I think...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I agree, there seems to be some elements there to sensationalize the story, like a writer would do.

But also, some of the more important points are glossed over. They "appeared" around the craft? What does that mean? They just poofed into existence in front of them? And then leaving, the went behind the craft and never reappeared. But... the craft was hovering 4 to 5 feet from the ground, if you read the entire report.

If they stand 4 foot tall, and the craft was hovering 4 to 5 feet from the ground, they would have been almost completely visible as they walked around.

Other sensationalist comments include stuff like how the air was charged when you approach an electrical substation or charged antenna. Right.. because I'm sure we've all done that before! He apparently has done both.

Sounds fake, to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Nobody can question the person who reported their story. Nobody can really analyze or investigate photos or stories, because its just random anonymous people uploading whatever. There does not seem to be any follow up by MUFOn people to what is posted there.

It tells you right on the MUFON site that the MUFON CMS is a Case management System for directors and field investigators. How can you say that no one can analyze or investigate the photos and stories? I mean seriously, that is what MUFON was created for...come on

No follow up? That is why they have teams of volunteer investigators.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I got confirmation from Steve with MUFON (Texas) that this was a hoax.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Well it must be true then.....LOL. No offense, but anyone can type something like that up. A link to a MUFON page stating that this was a hoax may have been a bit more prudent.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Pics or get out

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

Originally posted by Larryman
So, why didn't that Texan go offer to assist the aliens in gathering the stuff they wanted - instead of skulking in the bushes and spying on them?

Well, what if they wanted HIM? Better sit back there in the bushes and just watch.

Myself, I think i would at least throw a rock at them, just for kicks and see their reaction. =P

You know, if aliens exist then the turning point of their covert behaviour may just be someone acting without suspicion, without fear and definetly without the impulse of doing stuff for "kicks" towards them.

Imagine if aliens land in the woods and suddenly a couple of guys greet them like they know what they are. No fear, just "hi, come to gather stuff? Want some help? So are you one of those dimensional or otherwordly fellows? I got some coffe in the backpack."

Is shocking the aliens worth the risk? The next time they may accidentally land in the middle of a city and walk into a store saying "WTF I THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT US?!?!". Mission success

[edit on 17-12-2009 by merka]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join