It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria says they will defend Iran if Israel strikes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
An Iranian-Syrian alliance was always on the cards. Syria has an underfunded and obsolete military that really wouldn't be much of a match for the IAF and IDF.

Right..anything else?
Russia 'delivers SAMs to Syria'

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Right..anything else?

Syria will have lots of smouldering rubble that used to be Russian military hardware.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

One major rule in war..

NEVER underestimate the "enemy", no matter how small or how big they are, every enemy has a strength and weakness.

This is going to happen very soon, the military spending in Europe for example is highly unusual, cutting corners at obsolete bases to use that money on new vehicles,equipment and recruits

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

This sums up the whole incident

Let me put it this way: I trust Israel with nukes more than I would even trust Khamenei's thugs with plastic toy guns. How about that for a summation?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by john124]

Why? because isreal is the "good" side, or because they will refuse to use it? hahahaha trusting israel with weapons is why we are in this position in the first place, don't you get it. This is all because israel wants to attack iran not iran attacking israel, it's on the thread title if you forgot. Israel is the root problem for why we are in this big perdicament, and israel is the reason why WW3 will happen very soon (because their messiah is supposedly here as we speak). Israel didn't want to sign the treaty but on the other hand iran already did. Can't you see israel is the problem and must be stopped

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

Khamenei & the revolutionary guards commanders order the murder, beating and torturing of Iranian people in their own country.

Does the Israeli govt. do this in Israel whenever an Israeli dares to criticise them?

Doesn't 20% of Israel's population who are Muslims live fairly peacefully with 80% of their non-Muslim neighbours, given the circumstances.

Recent problems within Israel can be attributed to extremist jews and extremist muslims, and not a problem with secular Israeli society.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Does the Israeli govt. do this in Israel whenever an Israeli dares to criticise them?

What is the difference precisely between governments who ostracize citizens themselves or the citizens of a nation that ostracize and persecute their fellow citizen for daring to think and speak and act differently than the party line?

Most of the Zionist Internet brigade actually uses peer pressure in an attempt to intimidate people who don’t agree with them by painting then variably as racists, lunatics or mental misfits.

Whether it’s the brainwashed citizens of a government who are afraid or incapable of thinking independently persecuting independent thinkers or a government regime it hardly makes a difference.

By far and away Israel’s human rights record is atrocious. The Iranian regime would have to slip pretty far.

In reality Iran allows political debate just like we do in theory here in the United States and you supposedly have in theory in England.

Yet two things remain the same the world over whether you live in Iran, Israel, the United States or the United Kingdom and that is:

1. The conformists and brainwashed always paint independent thinkers as dangerous fringe elements and denounce them.
2. Governments tolerate dissent and demonstration only to the point it does not impinge on the logistics of commerce. Block a roadway or busy square long enough with your peaceful demonstration and impede others right of way in the process conducting business or pleasure and you are going to see violence used in every above mentioned country to open back up those avenues of passage.

The difference is when it happens in London at the G-20 Climate Camp you can understand it because its your town and your police and issues that make sense to you. Like a good little programmed citizen you defend your government’s heavy handed and violent actions even when it leads to the death of an innocent man like it did at London’s G-20.

A man who was protesting against the ills of the Western World who ended up just as dead as Nedda only unlike Nedda we could clearly see on the video that the London Police were responsible for the act.

Yet you John defended the police and downplayed your government’s own reactions to peaceable demonstrators.

When it happens in Iran though a place you don’t live in a culture you don’t understand by people who belong to a religion you don’t respect then well…different story, it’s barbaric and deadly ruthless behavior by a despotic government.

The reality is there is NO DIFFERENCE between protests in London and how the British authorities deal with them and protests in Tehran and how Iranian authorities deal with them other than people’s own skewered perceptions and double standards.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The chances of an Israeli attack on Iran turning into WW3, I'd say is 90%.

It will engulf the middle-east in flames, western world will come to a standstill

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Alot of good Jews, Muslims and Christians are going to go through some pretty horrible stuff, because of unchecked nut jobs and their crazy ass zionist agenda.
Israel will use their nukes, they cant wait to use their their nukes.
This thing plays out fully this is going to be one nasty dirty contaminated planet, real soon.
The ball less leaders of the world need to jump on israels neck...now.
Israel is nothing but a pampered bully that the U.S. breast fed into a beast.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Look out for Syrian military might! OMG, Syria helping to "defend" Iran is like Honduras defending Mexico. What a waste of space Syria is.

Syria could not even defend itself when Israel knocked out their Nuclear site a while back so how are they going to help Iran?

What a bunch of knuckleheads!!!

According to globalfirepower.com Syria as a military "power" is ranked #34 right ahead of Norway, Georgia and IRAQ so Israel will not be losing any sleep over Syria trust me.

Ohhh...by the way Israel is ranked #11 and Iran is #18 on the list.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Wasn't it only a couple of years ago a few Israeli jets did an over-fly on the Syrian capital, unchallenged!!!!!!!!!

Now from the Bible,(not exact quote, but you will get the point) Behold Damascus shall become a ruinous heap, never to be a city again...

Syria is no challenge at all.

Realize what the persians are doing...

They want Israel to think it will be fighting a 4-6 sided war......

Problem is, they have done it before and SPANKED all the countries at once...a couple of times......

As for Syria, a dog growls most when it is backed into a corner and knows it will lose the coming fight...

[edit on 12/15/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Geeeee............

Is that the same sam's that didn't know Israeli jets had just destroyed their nuclear weapons plant until they were well out of their country???

Another lesson, even the best system in the world is useless if setup and used by "less than experts"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Yes actually if you had bothered to visit the link you would have been "enlightened" to know hat SAM delivery system was provided immediately after the Israeli attacks on Syria. Too bad you didn't and had to ask. Why afraid of researching?

Also I found the animal cornered remark somehow insightful as to how peole think they are very secure but it turns out.....

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's going to be hard to clap your hands in a victory applause when theyre covered in blood and slipping. Some of you will never learn will you. Youre rooting and cheering and bragging on who's going to die and kill first and the best?
Come talk to me when youre holding your dead and mangled family members, or blowing into their mouths trying to bring them back and all you get is stomach acid and blood or hear your own breath coming out of their backs.
The chosen ones? Chosen for what by whom? What a great joke has been played!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Let me make it clear I am in no way cheering or waiting for this war too happen but infact stating just the opposite that this war will result in catastrophe allover the world and this war should never happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Let me be clear as well, that was not directed at you at all. Its directly written for anyone supporting or cheering for a zionist mass murder.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Alrite, thanx mate. I thought I should clarify once my position

second line.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
globalfirepower.com...

Syrian Armed Forces
-------------------------
PERSONNEL
Total Population: 19,747,586 [2008]
Population Available: 10,218,242 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 8,461,049 [2008]
Reaching Military Age Annually: 418,840 [2008]
Active Military Personnel: 296,000 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 132,500 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 108,000 [2005]

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 12,350
Tanks: 4,600 [2005]
Armored Personnel Carriers: 1,600 [2005]
Towed Artillery: 1,630 [2005]
Self-Propelled Guns: 430 [2005]
Multiple Rocket Launch Systems: 480 [2005]
Mortars: 710 [2005]
Anti-Tank Guided Weapons: 4,190 [2005]
Anti-Aircraft Weapons: 6,385 [2005]

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 16
Merchant Marine Strength: 77 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 2
Aircraft Carriers: 0 [2008]
Destroyers: 0 [2008]
Submarines: 0 [2008]
Frigates: 2 [2005]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 8 [2005]
Mine Warfare Craft: 5 [2005]
Amphibious Craft: 3 [2005]

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 607 [2005]
Helicopters: 235 [2003]
Serviceable Airports: 90 [2007]

FINANCES (USD)
Defense Budget: $935,000,000 [2000]
Foreign Exch. & Gold: $6,046,000,000 [2007]
Purchasing Power: $90,370,000,000 [2007]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Seeing your post reminded me.....

Doesn't Russia have a few of it's ships in Syrian harbor???

Perhaps they think Russian ships will defend them???

Perhaps they think it will stop them from being destroyed if they do something stupid.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's really quite a shame that innocent people will die because of crazy power games played by nutters....on all sides.

Everyone is someone's son, daughter, brother, sister,father, mother etc and the amount of grief wrought by violent tendencies and actions is horrible to contemplate.

I hope this never happens.

I hope that people are safe, everywhere, all the time.

I fear that I have unrealistic expectations but it doesn't stop me dreaming.

I will never pray.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
They (Syria) is and has been a tool against the people of God for a long time.

The people of Israel's God. Remember, "God" never chose any of the rest of us.

Maybe that's why so many countries in the region don't like Israel. If they believe the crap in the bible, they must think "God" hates them, so they're more than happy to fight Him.

[edit on 15/12/09 by NuclearPaul]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join