It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS ROCKS! And here are just SOME reasons why,..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Are we in a drought for intelligent discussions on ATS?
How many more threads do we have to endure on how "Bad ATS is". Is there nothing else to discuss? What is the psychology or motive behind the flurry of these threads lately?

I understand the irony of my posting this thread, but I really can't even bear to read the titles anymore. If you have an issue with ATS as a member here, list it in the ATS issues thread.

The level of inane threads about the level of inane threads is a thread or 2 short of being declared a PANDEMIC.
Is this a conspiracy by:
A) competitor boards trying to bad mouth the number one conspiracy site?
B) destabalizing popluar opinion on ATS as paid disinfo agent
C) the threads are simply a result of "I have nothing left to say" or
"i lost my last debate so Im going to lash out"

May I suggest the following: If you dont like it here, find another party?
Or are you paid to stay here?

Reading half the posts in those anti ATS threads leaves one to beg the question: Is it paid stupidity, or simply stupid stupidty?

I have been frustrated since day one with posts, however I don't mistake me disagreeing with someones opinion for labelling them cancerous posters in order to make myself feel better.

What is the ATS board for?
User driven content. Yes alot of it is drivel, and it gets worse at holiday time, but with the size of this community, it's bound to happen. There is great content to come out of here, I've listed bottom of this post just a few of the threads that make think this place indeed is not cancerous or dying. Any other ATSers who want to contribute threads that mean alot to them and show quality, please do.

The CIA do not own ATS as far as I know, nor are the 3 Amigos Bildebergers. But you know what, if you want to think that...go ahead, just argue it with sensabile supported research and not petulant brat like acting out.

The Mods are not sensors, they are members like you, who give their time like you to make this site what it is. I personally don't want to be sworn at, attacked, nor do Iwant to read off topic rude posts.... In fact the T's and C's are the reason I am here.. It is a safe environment to post about alternative discussions and conspracies, and I'm glad for it.

Recently it was my ATS anniversary, and whilst I have been frustrated here and there since joining, in general its a great place to be, I've made great friends, not to mention learned a heck more than I knew before, and I'm still learning.

I am not sorry if you disagree with me, that's the beauty of ATS, you are permitted to, and I won't call your contributions cancerous to the whole of the ATS community....well stupid maybe, but not too your face and not too often lol!

Please , by Zorgons beard! tell me the conspiracy behind these threads lately ? This board is more than just Conspiracy Board, it's alterntive topics, scientific, religious etc and social.
For the love of the god/goddess/plaedians/Allah/ Budha and whoever else you may refer to for spiritual guidance, no more ATS is going to hell threads!!!!!!

Carl Sagan to assist with your contributions to a conspiracy/alternative discussions board.

Wherever possible there must be independent confirmation of the facts.

Encourage substantive debate on the evidence by knowledgeable proponents of all points of view.

Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities").

Spin more than one hypothesis - don't simply run with the first idea that caught your fancy.

Try not to get overly attached to a hypothesis just because it's yours.

Quantify, wherever possible.

If there is a chain of argument every link in the chain must work.

Occam's razor - if there are two hypotheses that explain the data equally well choose the simpler.

Ask whether the hypothesis can, at least in principle, be falsified (shown to be false by some unambiguous test). In other words, it is testable? Can others duplicate the experiment and get the same result?

www.carlsagan.com...

Some great threads, and guess what I don't agree with all the premises on there.
Contrail/Chemtrail research thread
Spectacular phenomena in the Sky thread
Today in DC
The Ancients series thread
Me and Them-Alien Experiences

[edit on 14-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This place like rocks and stuff. Yunno?

It's like the bomb, only without the implosion.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You mean that you aren't paid to be here??

I thought everyone was...aren't they?

This is how I make my living. Reading threads and then sending the ones that I think could be trouble to the NWO. Anonymously of course.

I wouldn't want anyone to know that I was doing this of course, could be dangerous if you know what I mean. But I have learned more in my time on ATS than ever before in my life. You just have to learn who is actually trying to find out things and who is just trying to discredit them. Once you have that down, your education begins.

Thank you for finally showing the other side of the coin. The shiny side that is.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The title reminds me of when somebody starts with" To be honest with you..." or "to tell you the truth". Generally these are followed by some type of lie.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Great...another "ATS is so great and good and junk and stuff" just in time to rebuttle a few members "Oh ATS is so friggin bad and horrible and junk and stuff" threads. Counter productive IMHO and ironic as all get out, not an attack but jeeeesh... If some members feel ATS is going down the pooper then let them feel that way. We don't need cheerleaders.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

And how many threads on the same subject do we have to listen to?
I have highlighted ways to list ones concerns with the site,
And if there is a current thread on my topic: that ATS can be a great place but are these anti threads a conspiracy in themselves? link away and I'll get a MOD to close this thread.

The premise in my opening post stands.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The ecology of ATS grows as mentioned in due proportion of the community.

People have to remember, that the ratio of thought patterns is not equal, a more diverse variation of them will permiate within these forums.

Keep an open mind, act your age or older, and have a semblance of maturity.

Or, stop expecting people to waste their time while tantrums from the less mature members arise. Ignore them, that is what the feature is for. Beglad your not staff, we dont get to ignore others...forced to read the trollism, self ignorance spouting mental drivel.

But, the majority of the ATS community is not hampered by the undesirables. Report unacceptable actions by direspectful members to staff, and move on.

We are here for you, so you can continue to collaboratively co operate in contributing to the ATS you joined.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Don't worry you'll get about 2 or three appaluases and 40 or so flags and stars for your work...but guess what the threads you mention will continue. Are there wanna be disinfo agents on ATS? probably.Are the alphabet boys lurking here reading posts? I would bet on it. But for the life of me I just cant imagine sombody actually being paid to come onto this site and post "ATS is dying" threads or the like...I dunno call me crazy

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I just cant imagine sombody actually being paid to come onto this site and post "ATS is dying" threads or the like...I dunno call me crazy

Then you can discount that option of you like, totally your perogative and then choose one of the other options listed for the reasons they are being posted

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Ignore them, that is what the feature is for. Beglad your not staff, we dont get to ignore others...forced to read the trollism, self ignorance spouting mental drivel.

And feel for you I do

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Nice Thread Zazzles!

Personally I can't understand the mindset of people who complain about something being so bad - but don't leave, switch the channel, or turn off entirely.

IRM :shk:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Don't tell them to go anywhere!! I love those threads, the idea of paid disinfo agents and government operatives quelling ideas and silencing theories here on ATS is brilliant.

I think ATS is a brilliant site, it's even got it's own conspiracies. People don't have to be here, but I'm glad the ones who maybe shouldn't, are.

There's nothing wrong with site the way it is, to quote the Fresh Prince: "If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it."

Sendran.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

A) competitor boards trying to bad mouth the number one conspiracy site?

ignorant comment, opinionated statement.

Ats is what you make it.

you are only contributing to the problem.

maybe all those people bad mouthing ATS have a point.

less "here are my thoughts on ats" and more "fact based, new theories, or new information".

you arent here to fix. you are here to, for lack of better word, prostitute for stars and flags because apparently December is complaint month.

whatever carry on.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Doc Tesla]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

you arent here to fix. you are here to prostitute for stars and flags because apparently December is complaint month.

Indeed, such is my motive, you've caught me out.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
...apparently December is complaint month.
[edit on 14-12-2009 by Doc Tesla]

I can agree with that. It's been a strange month so far, full of complaints and whining and we're not even half way through. It's funny how they're all in the General Conspiracy section, as if it's a conspiracy that everyone is different and everyone holds different views and opinions. It's all a big joke and the whining needs to stop. If they don't like it, it can't be that hard to stay away, can it?

Well said zazz. We needed just one solid post to combat the infinite amount of negative ones.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Ok do you see the fuzzy cat in my avatar? he's cute right? Ok well this thread's not cute "zazzles" it does nothing for ATS, It is not a General Conspiracy, and ATS isn't your little privte popularity contest thats regularly held in BTS. Matter of fact that's exactly where this thread belongs.

I have seen plenty of these and the "oh I hate ATS" and the "Thank you all of ATS" blah blah blah... When is enough enough? this isn't BTS general chit chat, so why do the MODs keep alowing it to be treated as such? by letting threads like this on stay here.

Aside from the "positive" message it's like putting a clean "dirty" shirt in the laundry basket...ya it's "clean" but it's still adding to the dirty clothes and thre's probably a couple others like it further down the pile.

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

And how many threads on the same subject do we have to listen to?
I have highlighted ways to list ones concerns with the site,

And I'm asking the same thing...and why didn't you take your own advice example given so that tells me you are aware of the issues thread where you could have put this information, but no **attention time** let's start a thread on it and then tell other members where to post issues

[edit on 14-12-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Then the mods can move it to rant along with the other threads on 'ATS is going to hell'
My motive for this thread will then be fulfilled

Thank you for making this thread about me, you have done this not me.

I am entitled to my frustrations on ATS threads just as you as you have been free to express without receiving personal attacks fordoing so.
"Before you ask another pointless Freemason question..yet it is very common to see pointless questions specificaly relating to Freemasons pop up as thread titles. ."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So please keep to the thread subject and not me.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Zazzy!

I actually just got done writing up a post in BTS rant about self restraint...we have people talking about how horrific and unstable the board has become but yet they stay. Interesting that

The way I see it is if it is that bad...walk away

Oh well...what can ya do?

It is SO simple to ignore the posts ya hate but my opinion is there is alot of lack of self restraint. Look I think chemtrails are a load of crap. I have SEEN video of people hoaxing crop circles...the thing is I am tired of talking about them and yes I think some posts of the matter bring us down...so I ignore them...I don't need a magic ignore button, I don't need people to cheer me on...I just ignore them...it is the easiest thing in the world

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Ya well the thread you reference is relevant to a topic...not the site as a whole. I am not attacking you. I am however, pointing out the obvious...a thread about how good ATS is, does not contribute to any serious research,learning,discovering, conversation period.

I'ts not about the person you, me or anybody else for that matter...hell I like ATS as much as the next person. And I agree with you on some points...this thread is like walking into a room of yelling teenagers and then yelling at them because their yelling...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well said and i agree 100%....

Why are people getting upset with debunkers?

If the debunkers weren't here then every member of this site would be believing everything they read or see IMO... i think the guys & girls who dislike the debunkers need to wisen up and open their mind a little to the fact that not everything people post on this site is the truth... the whole truth and nothing but the truth....

S+F

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join