It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking* Possible UFO landing on highway in Barstow, California

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
17 flags for a ridiculous made up story... Awesome.

WTG ATS....

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hhhmmmm never really trusted GLP but hey ho there's my two pence

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
I go to Vegas often on the 15 & you see a lot of military vehicles on & off road going to & coming from exercises around Ft. Irwin. I'm sure somebody is WAY over imagining this. The local media here would be all over it. I'm searching for a webcam around Baker but no luck.

Yes, that is NTC. Everyone has to take their equipment out there to simulate a deployment. You put your tanks on the train at your base, and then you pick them up on the other end. They rotate out units every month, so there is a bit of traffic.

But you've seen tanks out and about? I can imagine humvee's and such, but tanks would seem a bit odd.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I hope its something big! Fingers crossed.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Not tanks just a lot of Hummers & other off-road vehicles.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlossomBoodchild
Hey guys...a "UFO" just landed on top of my house...I dont have any pics to prove it though....just take my word for it

Cool! may I ask whether it's shiny and sagging?

I only ask because a shiny saggy one landed on my roof a while back. After a short time a small bipedal creature came out of it that resembled a human child. It claimed it was a boy, but by the time I retrieved my gun it was already on the ground and preparing to make a run for it. Thankfully as it began to run away, our good lord god made my aim steady and true.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by spookfish]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I tried searching Twitter but nothing coming up.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I tried searching Twitter but nothing coming up.

Same here, and while twitter can be ridiculous at times, if this was real, twitter would be buzzing pretty hard.

EDIT: Can you believe this is on the top flagged topics, with the sources provided?

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Mekanic]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Anything landing on the highway would have thousands of people taking photos, that is an interstate highway after all.

As for tanks, well there is a Marine Corps Logistics Depot at Barstow.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
[edit on 12-12-2009 by ..5..]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
About 30 minutes ago I spotted what was possibly the largest UFO I have ever seen! It was massive and looked as if it was possibly alive and moving. It was in my toilet.

I would have taken some pictures, however I thought it best to flush that evil looking UFO (Unidentified Floating Object) down into the abyss.

Yup, my story has about as much credibility as this one does, and also probably related as they are both steaming piles of useless crap.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As posted on the thread which I provide no link

Here come the flames

It is because it appears that 90% of the posters are teenagers, nothing wrong with them, was there at one time and barely made it out
if I had to deal with all of the crap in the world they do at that age I may not have made it out.

I know some that age with more intellect and common sense, but what I see here is many with a computer and a forum to flake out on

let the
begin.

BRING OUR TROOPS AND JOBS BACK HOME.

That is the fix to the whole economy meltdown.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

A long boring week-end!
Both for the OP and the kiddies, it would appear.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Fer cryin out loud guys!
There is no UFO landed on the freeway in Barstow.
Tens, if not hundreds of THOUSANDS of people travel that road every day, a zillion on weekends!
NO NEWS on any SoCal radio or TV. Yeah sure, THAT could really be kept quiet!
Here's the BIG NEWS straight from the CHP online bulletin center!
You ready?

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
1:09PM PER 87 LIGHT RAIN IN THE MT PASS AREA
7:59AM PER 12-50 - LIGHT RAIN PHELAN, MOD RAIN 138 @ 2 & LIGHT RAIN IN WRIGHTWOOD
6:01AM LIGHT TO MOD RAIN MNT PASS AREA
RESPONDING OFFICERS STATUS
1:31AM CHP Unit On Scene

That's right guys! It's RAINING! !

[edit on 12-12-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As said above, tweeter is crap but great for fast news. Nothing on it, means nothing happen.

move on

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hmm really interesting. I wonder if there was a MickyD's near by or a Krispy Cream, Taco Bell, Wal Mart, Tourist Information Bureau, Directions to Vegas? Something motivated the visitors? :->

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Hmm really interesting. I wonder if there was a MickyD's near by or a Krispy Cream, Taco Bell, Wal Mart, Tourist Information Bureau, Directions to Vegas? Something motivated the visitors? :->

Cows...that's what turns on the little gray guys.
They like to disect them, I understand.
Just look for cow guts along the highway.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Cows...that's what tuns on the little gray guys.

You can find them at the slaughter houses too...

just sayin'

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by romanmel

Cows...that's what tuns on the little gray guys.

You can find them at the slaughter houses too...

just sayin'

True...
But have you noticed how many slaughter houses employ the gray guys?
just sayin'

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Could it be this? www.thedailyobserver.ca...

Troops heading for California

Posted By ANTHONY DIXON [email protected]

Posted 21 days ago Troops at CFB Petawawa are doing a little California dreamin' these days as they prepare for Exercise Maple Guardian.

The exercise, which will involve about 3,700 troops, will begin in early January at Fort Irwin California in the Mojave Desert. Before those troops arrive, their equipment must be sent and that is precisely what is taking place at Base Petawawa right now.

Over an 11 day period that began on Nov. 16, around 700 military vehicles will be loaded onto rail cars on a Canadian Pacific spur at the base. A total of four trains will then haul the vehicles approximately 4,800 kilometres to California. Warrant Officer Sherri Forward of 2 Area Support Group headquarters, said a lot of planning goes into a move of this scale. "

I was called off leave in April and we started planning in May," she said. "This took roughly three months to plan." A 'rail party' consisting primarily of soldiers from 3 Royal Canadian Regiment will head down to California to take the vehicles back off the rail cars while a maintenance team will head down prior to the exercise to ensure that the vehicles are ready to go. Lieut. Dennis Power, brigade public affairs officer, said when the troops arrive to begin the exercise all they will have to do is 'turn the key.' The vehicles being shipped include light-armoured vehicles (LAVs), light-utility vehicles, Bisons, trucks, among others.

The rail party working to load them in Petawawa expected to load about 67 vehicles on Thursday. Task Force 1-10 stood up in September 2009 and is currently scheduled to deploy in early 2010. Throughout the fall, company-level exercises and low-level training have been held in Petawawa. The only large-level exercise being conducted for this deployment is the exercise at Fort Irwin.

According to the military, the dessert environment around at Fort Irwin is similar to Afghanistan. The exercise is expected to last about seven weeks during the months of January and February 2010. Currently it is scheduled for Jan. 4 to Feb. 20. The troops will then return to Petawawa in late February for leave and other additional training prior to the deployment to Afghanistan.

Anthony Dixon is a Daily Observer reporter www.thedailyobserver.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join