It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just one more Norway spiral thread, please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I know there are so many Norway spiral threads now, but I didn't want this to get lost in the replies to those.

To all those who accept the explanation that it was cause by a rocket, I have questions:

Why didn't the smoke dissipate slowly rather than what we saw in videos? It seemed to created a large, black circular area in the sky. That was probably just the sky itself, but the smoke did dissipate fast.

Why were the rings so perfect, like a ripple in water, rather than an imperfect spiral of smoke as videos of other rocket failures show? They seemed to remain at a set distance from each other, even as the spiral was being formed.

Can any of you show us a video of a known rocket/missle doing this? After all, many of you demand "evidence", so, can you provide us with any? Other than statements from governments. That's not credible.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I've got to agree with you, there's something WELL FISHY about the official "it's a rocket, it's ok, go back to sleep" explanation. And I'm not buying it, not even at half price!

Too much doesn't make sense. So I can't put my faith in the answers that have been presented.

And you're right, the spiral, when it "cleared" didn't do it like anything I've seen before. Nor anyone, given the attention it got.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just your friendly neighborhood government walking about. Seriously i do believe it's a LHC

I have some alternative theory on this dilemma.

Heres the first LHC DOORWAY IN/OUT

The LHC compiled it's strongest round that night LHC POWER OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!

check it

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I also have sources that where the gate was above at the time of the opening. What gate? well... Hell. Anywho I do have sources that this was 100% pure gateway .

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is what you need to think about...

WHY, at first, did both Russia and Norway totally deny having known of any rocket launch that could have caused the spiral?

WHY, only one day later, did Russia admit to it being caused by a rocket?
Why the first official denial if they only admit to it 24 hours later, why didn't they just say from the get go "It was caused by a rocket failure"......

It doesn't make any sense to flat out deny something, and then 24 hrs later suddenly and unexplainably decide to admit to it.

The truth is no one from either military knew what it was to begin with, and they still don't right now.

The rocket explanation is a farce

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't know enough about rocket technology to really know about this, but I was wondering if the spirals were formed outside the atmosphere? That would explain why there was no indication of the effects of turbulence like you see in the rocket contrails near the horizon in some photos.

Very remarkable photos no matter what the cause. I would be totally gob-smacked to see anything like that.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents but, how many different locations was this spiral recorded and photographed from?

If this spiral was recorded from different views, on different sides of this spiral, then not everyone would have seen a "spiral"
if one guy was 90 degrees away from the center of the spiral and the official explanation was right, wouldn't he see a line, or more of an oval? Considering that all the videos showed a perfect spiral, either this was truly something unidentified.

This would only be true of there is photographs from different locations around the spiral.

Some skeptics say the spiral may be perfect because of the altitude of the "rocket" allowing the clouds to spread out all evenly, but if it were at such an altitude the rocket wouldn't be able to form a spiral without just flying off somewhere because of minimal resistance.

Blubber~

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If the alleged rocket was doing this at a high altitude, say out of Earth's atmosphere, would the smoke have dissipated so quickly? Any rocket scientists here that can offer help?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This thread is totally unnecessary. Every comment and question has been addressed at least once in the original thread as well as the other unnecessary threads.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Not this nonsense again. Watch this video and you'll realise why it looked the way it did.

It's because of scale, and because of energy. The scale and energy of the phenomenon was HUGE, allowing the perturbations we notice in smoke in our lives to be dwarfed by the sheer scale.

The official explanations are fine - they cover everything we saw, they make perfect sense, and they are not flights of fancy (pardon the pun).

This thread, as Phage said, is completely unnecessary. It only serves to make people more ignorant by doubting the perfectly sound science that has been put forward to explain what we saw. Deny ignorance - accept the science.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
how big was really this "spiral"? to be seen 1000km away it had to be huge. a lot bigger than your avarage missile at least. that is the only ting bothering me about the missile explanation. (i tried to read the entire original thread, but had to give up apter reading 55 pages over 2 days)

off topic : what happened to my avatar???

[edit on 12-12-2009 by darkspace]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
This thread is totally unnecessary. Every comment and question has been addressed at least once in the original thread as well as the other unnecessary threads.

Of course it is. Simply because you're bored with the topic or don't like the inferences this thread makes doesn't mean these particular issues shouldn't be discussed. If we take your premise and apply it, every thread about UFOs would be considered "unnecessary" because UFOs have been discussed ad infinitum in this forum. We are discussing a specific set of questions that should be given separate attention. If you have anything substantial to contribute to answering those questions, you're welcome to give it a shot.

Finally, ro one cares to sort through dozens of pages of posts to find perhaps one or two comments about this. It has to be singled out because it is significant in determining what this event really was.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
Not this nonsense again. Watch this video and you'll realise why it looked the way it did.

It's because of scale, and because of energy. The scale and energy of the phenomenon was HUGE, allowing the perturbations we notice in smoke in our lives to be dwarfed by the sheer scale.

The official explanations are fine - they cover everything we saw, they make perfect sense, and they are not flights of fancy (pardon the pun).

This thread, as Phage said, is completely unnecessary. It only serves to make people more ignorant by doubting the perfectly sound science that has been put forward to explain what we saw. Deny ignorance - accept the science.

The video is an example of the arrogance of "science" and the ignorance of its followers. The video is a "simulation" of a "possible" explanation. It is really a sad and embarassing one at that. Can't the scientific community come up with something a bit more plausible?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

The video is an example of the arrogance of "science" and the ignorance of its followers. The video is a "simulation" of a "possible" explanation. It is really a sad and embarassing one at that. Can't the scientific community come up with something a bit more plausible?

Let me ask you then, can YOU come up with something a bit more plausible?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussion here

I know there are so many Norway spiral threads now,

There is no need for a zillion threads on the same subject.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

[edit on December 12th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join