It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bang - bang - bang "Game Over" 3 against 1, armed citizen protects his property

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
*** graphic images ***
www.xdtalk.com...

he just so happend to be a off duty cop.
he just so happend to be armed.

now, this is the way America should be, Crime Free .... buy another Gun Today~!@ ...
If you gonna risk your life on crime - then some should lose, dont you think... Game Over Criminals

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Anti-Evil]

[mod edit: graphic images]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I wish these stories got the same attention that the reverse stories got.

One guy shoots somebody in the commission of a crime and it goes international. A guy defends himself and it's swept under the rug. No wonder heroes are essentially myth these days.

Up here some white trash idiots tried invading the home of some guy in a rural area not long ago. It didnt work out so well for the white trash idiots.

I want to know which part of assaulting another human being is worth your life. The money? The TV set? The cheap thrill?

At least nobody up here started in with the whole "he was a good kid" crap and tried to demonize the homeowner for protecting himself.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think you need to put a disclaimer stating that the link contains very graphic pictures.

Aside from that, I'm not really sure telling the average citizen to buy up more guns simply because an off-duty officer, trained in precision shooting, managed to shoot three criminals and remain unharmed.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm sure there are plenty of people capable of making those shots -- but my guess would be that if an averaged armed citizen had begun shooting in the same situation a passerby would have been hit and the criminals -- at least 1 or 2 -- would have gotten away.

I'm all for gun rights and arming oneself -- but let's not pretend we are all Rambos.

Lastly, don't you think death is a little extreme for attempted robbery of a backpack? I'm not saying the cop was wrong -- I just don't think this is a beacon for justice either.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

No doubt training and practice are important. I just assume, either incorrectly or correctly, that the term "gun owner" comes with training. How many people own cars and dont know how to drive? ..........wait........dont answer that.

Most of the gun owners I know are ex-military or have pursued training from the private sector that far surpasses typical beat cop quals. It's easy to come by in most states and good instructors like good teachers will get you in despite cost and equipment.

I think for a criminal having been caught after the fact and sentenced that death is indeed extreme for petty theft. I think to use deadly force to protect yourself in the commission of a crime is not. You have no idea what the criminals intent is or how far this may go. Putting an abrupt stop to it by any means necessary is perfectly justified.

I've seen and read way too many instances where a simple mugging or theft has escalated into carjacking, rape and muder just because of criminal momentum.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
it is how america IS...

south america. if you read the comments it turns out its from bazil, not el paso texas....

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

the link say that. I didnt think it need to be said twice. death is something that should be present in ones NON-TV world. its just noticibly absent here in the USA.... Manila, RP. Newspapers - its a daily thing.... every day you are reminded of what death looks like. here you are reminded 2,000 times a day what TV Death looks like.... trust me ... its not the same, effect.,
those pictures of death in Manila are permanent....
TV teaches us Death is not real.... go figure... human brains in all.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
At least nobody up here started in with the whole "he was a good kid" crap and tried to demonize the homeowner for protecting himself.

Not yet, at least.

From the above post, this took place in Brazil?
So, I'm wondering if this would have taken place in USA, what would happen?
With all the sue-happy lawyers in America, I'm sure the media would demonize the property owner.

I've heard way too many stories of robbers winning lawsuits after being shot at.

Best sentence I heard in a while:
"It's his word against mine, and he's dead." -coming from a property owner.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Gos bless him.

But they will stress that he was a policeman. Don't do it yourself...

But, take a look at this (very gore and not for the weak stomachs)

www.ohlookaforum.com...

They did it "for fun"...

[edit on 10-12-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Most of the gun owners I know are ex-military or have pursued training from the private sector that far surpasses typical beat cop quals. It's easy to come by in most states and good instructors like good teachers will get you in despite cost and equipment.

Have you looked at the common sense meter in our country lately? People were/are running around buying up guns and ammo like crazy -- with no training required.

I think for a criminal having been caught after the fact and sentenced that death is indeed extreme for petty theft. I think to use deadly force to protect yourself in the commission of a crime is not. You have no idea what the criminals intent is or how far this may go. Putting an abrupt stop to it by any means necessary is perfectly justified.

As I said, I fully support what the cop did. I don't feel in anyway that he shouldn't have shot them -- I just think that the original post was a little over-the-top with all the bang! bang bang! stuff and relating this to justice. I think there is a huge difference between acts that are justified and acts that are an example of justice.

I've seen and read way too many instances where a simple mugging or theft has escalated into carjacking, rape and muder just because of criminal momentum.

Again, I'm not arguing the cop was wrong. I'm arguing that had this been an average citizen, I believe the results would have been different.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
After following several of the links from the first website, there is some convincing evidence this was a scene in Brazil, as well as considered to be faked, or from a movieset, etc.

Not that I would complain if it was true! One link states the one shot in the arms survives, and another said all 3 perished.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
yea, I just got through searching this and yea, from the photo's I can not find anything that suggests El Paso, only Brazil.... well I guess one WebMaster thought this should have happend in the USA... sorry for posting before the research was done... darn.... I thought there was something to be proud of in the States... but as usual another nation takes the correct steps while us sheeple are too scared to do a darn thing except complain.... enough with the complaints ... there aint gonna be much left of America if we dont get some gonadaz....

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Nevermind. Overtired and didn't look carefully enough

[edit on 10/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Why anyone would feel the need to pass this off as Texas news beats me. (Though I am sure whomever made that post surely had something in mind to do it)

As it was mentioned before I believe those photos are from an event in Brazil, city of Brasilia on the 15th of September, 2008.

Three criminals tried to rob a man that just so happened to be a member of the Departamento de Operações Especiais (the Brazilian Special Ops Department) and as they tried to run away on a stolen bike got shot. The third assailant that got shot in the arms survived after surgery.

source

Cheers.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
It's a Hoax.

The "dead man" in this photo is looking up, appearing to be waiting for instructions or something from a cameraman or a director.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7d85166a370.png[/atsimg]

That "dead man" is the one that got shot in the arms

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

Actually, you are correct. I did not look at the photo's carefully enough - I initially saw only two men, one looking up. Perhaps I shouldn't be doing this so late at night lol.....

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just the other day a lady in Oklahoma blasted a guy with a shotgun. She heard someone trying to break into her house, called 911 for help. During the 911 call, he broke a window and climbed in the house. She told the 911 dispatcher she didn't want to shoot him but she would if help didn't get there. The dispatcher told her she had every right to shoot him since he had broken into her home. She kept saying she didn't want to shoot him, but she was afraid and needed help. Then she put down the phone and shot him.

Oklahoma has, as does Texas and a number of other states, the Castle Law which gives a homeowner the right to shoot someone if they break into their home.

I have a shotgun that stands in the corner of my bedroom and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if someone broke into my house in the middle of the night.
When you live in a rural area and it takes forever to get help from law enforcement, you better be prepared to defend yourself if the need ever arises.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Judging by the background signs, this appears to be a scene from Brazil, not Texas.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

That was one of the points I was alluding to above. It is two different situations when a homeowner shoots a person breaking into their house versus opening fire on three men trying to esacpe on a motorcycle out in public.

Again, I am not as confident in the ability of the average armed citizen in the USA shooting at three moving targets when there are a bunch of innocent people standing around.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
funny you should mention that.
I saw this from about a half a block away in downtown metro shopping district in PI. a kid was running down the street. a police officer blew his whisle and shot his gun one time in the air and like a heard of cattle everyone dived for the sidewalk -- must have been 20,000 ants running around and I didnt drop to the sidewalk with everyone else. and with people walking out of the stores this officer with a piece of crap 38 (1900 vintage) shot this kid in the head as he zipped through the people exiting the stores... I would say the cop only had a slight chance of hitting him... but I was wrong. from over 100 feet away this cop -- popped him in the melon with atleast 25 people around this kid. wow... is all I could say. and I must have told this story a good 100 times before that day ended. wow... great shot... and I have no idea why the kid was running... it didnt appear he had anything in his arms and he had to be middle teen... 15-16 or so.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yes, lets kill each other over money and possessions. America isn't greedy enough. Maybe we should shoot a guy for littering? or maybe j walking? And for all you Christians, what happened to "Thou shalt not kill?"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join