It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
[edit on 9-12-2009 by Seiko]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
I thought about a rocket launch because of the trail and then Oz's idea of the FogBow could be right on. It is awesome whatever it is!

Do they launch alot of rockets at night in norway?
I can't wait until they have more information I probably will stay up for a few more hours now

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The Russians have declared a couple of areas in the Barents Sea as "danger areas". This usually indicates that they plan to do some kind of weapons test.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The Russian embassy in Norway has no idea what the sorce of the light was.
Neither has meteorologists or the Norwegian millitary.

Source: Norwegian news article

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mogalf
The Russian embassy in Norway has no idea what the sorce of the light was.
Neither has meteorologists or the Norwegian millitary.

Source: Norwegian news article

Im stumped to.

I might email te guys at atmospheric optics and get them to check it out

link   
As the above poster said;

This was most likely not from any military activity. Could be Russian though.
No meteorologists has seen anything like it either.

+37 more 
link   
Both the norwegian military and the russian embassy has denied any knowledge of what may have caused the phenomenon. What they don't tell you is that a HAARP equivalent, known as EISCAT, is situated in the northern part of Norway (Tromsø). It is rarely if ever mentioned in the media, and most Norwegians are completely unaware of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Woah!! That is really amazing.
If it was a rocket stage spinning, it would seem to be staying in one place or moving directly toward or away from the cameras. I would think that from different vantage points, it would appear to move latterally.
Is there any views of that?

Any sound reported?

Could a fog bow really do that?

What the hell is that??

very strange indeed.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It reminds me of this one in 2006:

Spiral UFO in Russia- video

Which was later found to be a rocket as well - apparently if I remember correctly the rocket had three main engines. It lost guidance and started to spiral. (trying to find the news source on it)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction

Which was later found to be a rocket as well - apparently if I remember correctly the rocket had three main engines. It lost guidance and started to spiral. (trying to find the news source on it)

It does look very similar (sorry had to look at a video of tonights)
The pictures are so symmetrical and impressive though that it might not be the same thing

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
We all know who Phage is, but the question is, why would he bother debunking this site, unless there really WAS something?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Except The russian rocket point of origin is at the top. This one has a point of origin from the surface and then spirals out, like a sound or energy vortex. It definatly looks like a land/sea source pointing up.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e57cfe8b202b.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

I don't think it looks the same or the one you linked also doesn't look as cool or symmetrical as tonights one

I think it is a matter of angle and light conditions. But notice the final "explosion" in both is practicaly identical.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Russia sure has enough failures. Probably while the launch in the wee hours of the night. But the 2006 failure has some similarities.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e57cfe8b202b.jpg[/atsimg]

Just a thought - which direction is that blue trail heading?

Just thinking it could of been an ICBM aimed at America... I know far fetched 3 world war stuff, but wouldn't it be cool if that would of been a first strike and this is some outlandish way of taking out a missile!

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Regardless of what any official government agency or embassy declares to know or not know about the phenomena, that doesn't explain what it is. Even if the Russians declare it is a wayward rocket, does that make it the truth? Not in my opinion. *Official* explanations have become so meaningless to me...

Thanks for the info! The pictures are truly stunning and inspiring! Awesome vortex into the galaxy!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I am shocked we have not had any nutters shouting HAARP yet
just shows that ATS must be improving, I think it is one of the most amazing images I have seen. I dont see how this can be debunked 100%

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Just a thought - which direction is that blue trail heading?

If you ever listen to me NT instead of stapling cats tails and planinng human sacrifices, i posted twice, that it looks like the source as point of origin is behind the mountain and as the waves go higher up into the atmosphere it then funnels out.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I am shocked we have not had any nutters shouting HAARP yet
just shows that ATS must be improving, I think it is one of the most amazing images I have seen. I dont see how this can be debunked 100%

Sadly you can't be shocked because it already has been said exactly about this on ATS

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
That has got to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen in my life. Those rings emanating from the middle look almost photoshopped, I showed it to a friend and he initially thought it was a fake.

What is the blue light emanating from the center? Has there been any other examples of this before. I've seen the Russian rocket video but it did not have rings radiating outwards and no strange blue light either.

Keeping both eyes peeled to this thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join