It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
First, as I often say, just because all things may be possible, it doesn't mean all things are likely.
Second, you know, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

But the contest isn't symmetrical, friend. The presumption of innocence -- of ordinariness -- has the edge unless proven otherwise. A prosaic explanation merely has to be reasonable and likely, in order to prevail.

This doesn't mean we can't keep our eyes and minds open for weird stuff. But proving they are genuine is the responsibility of the claimers.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing that this is being ignored by most sources? I'm still in awe over this display and what it might be. The timing of this is also suspect. I think the Russians were testing something to show it off to the world. Obama's acceptance of the Nobel prize not too long after just makes me feel that way.

I want to repeat again that the locals say it looked just like the large spiral picture. The pictures posted by PHAGE were not as close and at different angles. The eyewitness testimony has more weight in my book.

Just hard to believe we haven't heard anything new on this.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
reply to post by Phage

You cannot make the test of a missile over an other Country.

You cannot make the test of a missile near the borders of an other Country.

You cannot make the test of a missile above a Country of the NATO.

If you lose the control of the missile you must self-destroy it within the borders of your Country.

If you lose the control of the missile you must absolutely recover wreckages (all the wreckages) within least time.

If you make the test of a missile over an other Country, this is a deliberated threat.

If you make the test over a country of the NATO, you risks an immediate act of retaliation.

Phage, A friendly advice: you must hold the children far from fireworks next christmas!

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Imagir]

You might want to read Phage's posts before commenting. By that read and UNDERSTAND what he writes.

Without guys like Phage you would believe everything and anything the fantasists write.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by kirksteruk2k10]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I blew up the spiral in paintshop and to me it looks like the spiral rings are precisely, evenly spaced. That tells me its highly unlikely to be a missile.

Click on image:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The "long exposure" explaination doesn't hold water at all, as there are several videos showing the spiral too.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The blue beam shot out from the spiral all of a sudden.

Rockets don't do that, so it might be a real UFO putting up a show for us.
Open your minds ppl.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxxsee

Open your minds ppl.

That's nonsense and you know it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Why bother anymore? The whole thing has taken on a life of it's own, the mythology and misinformation grows faster than a spinning spiral!
People don't really care about the truth, they want a scifi fantasy.
They are never going to believe it was just a missile! Ain't exotic and alternative enough!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxxsee

Open your minds ppl.

Now you're just making things up. It is FACT that it did not happen like that but you are not interested in facts are you?
Enjoy your fantasy..

Edit to add:

The mystery began when a blue light seemed to soar up from behind a mountain in the north of the country. It stopped mid-air, then began to move in circles. Within seconds a giant spiral had covered the entire sky.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 12/16/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

It's just amazing that in the face of all the evidence that's by and large proven it was a missile, people continue to ignore it., and even worse spawn more threads about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I changed my mind on one thing, and thats whether or not a missile can be seem from Tromso all the way to the White Sea.

If what I found on the internet is true regarding the Space Shuttle launch then it is possible. Apparently the shuttle launch can be seen all the way from Martha's Vineyard: www.rd.com...

So its easily possible to see a missile from that distance

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
I changed my mind on one thing, and thats whether or not a missile can be seem from Tromso all the way to the White Sea.

If what I found on the internet is true regarding the Space Shuttle launch then it is possible. Apparently the shuttle launch can be seen all the way from Martha's Vineyard: www.rd.com...

So its easily possible to see a missile from that distance

That's not a good analogy. The shuttle launches north towards Martha's Vinyard. The Bulava launched AWAY from Norway.

It's important to realize that satellite ascent trajectories are quite different from ICBM trajectories.

For satellites, the goal is to get fast enough horizontally to achieve orbital velocity -- and maneuver higher later. The shuttle main engines burn out at an altitude of only 65 miles.

An ICBM "lofts" to maximize range before impact, so it climbs more steeply and more quickly, reaching a height of perhaps 800 miles or more within a few minutes of launch.

EDIT: See this article of mine for a longer explanation of this:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 16-12-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
reply to post by Phage

You cannot make the test of a missile over an other Country.

You cannot make the test of a missile near the borders of an other Country.

You cannot make the test of a missile above a Country of the NATO.

If you lose the control of the missile you must self-destroy it within the borders of your Country.

If you lose the control of the missile you must absolutely recover wreckages (all the wreckages) within least time.

If you make the test of a missile over an other Country, this is a deliberated threat.

If you make the test over a country of the NATO, you risks an immediate act of retaliation.

Phage, A friendly advice: you must hold the children far from fireworks next christmas!

Thats the part that doesnt make sense to me either.
If there's anything Russia has lots of its open space to launch one of these things. Why not do that in Siberia, why so close to a NATO country?!

Similar spiral UFO seen in China in 1988:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have been following this with great interest. The spiral was clearly not a solid or liquid missile gone awry, yet many of the after images clearly indicate clouds consistent with a solid missile launch.

I think the spiral image is a type of "chafe" package designed to prevent an ABM from taking out the missile. In other words an anti - anti balistic missile system. The Russians have said that they have the capability to nullify the ABM systems and I believe this is part of that system.

I am not certain if this missile is designed to be fired first, ahead of the rest of the missiles to provide an umbrella to launch the others from under or if every missile will have this capability. My gut says the first is more probable as it would provide 2 - 3 minutes of cover which might disperse a laser from an airborne laser.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

It...was...not...close.
The launch area is 500 kilometers from the nearest country other than Russia. The missile flew away from all countries other than Russia.
Russia used Russian land, sea, and airspace for the test.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TallWhites

It...was...not...close.
The launch area is 500 kilometers from the nearest country other than Russia. The missile flew away from all countries other than Russia.
Russia used Russian land, sea, and airspace for the test.

The Finland border is about 150 miles away from the White Sea

See map: arcticcentre.ulapland.fi...

Or look it up on google maps: maps.google.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The town of Salla, Finland is about 120 miles away from the White Sea.
See map below:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If there's anything Russia has lots of its open space to launch one of these things. Why not do that in Siberia, why so close to a NATO country?!

They've been testing it from their Typhoon subs from there for years.

Just research it man.
Flight Tests

[edit on 16-12-2009 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Just research it man.
Flight Tests

Hhmmm...This page was last modified on 14 December 2009 at 19:23

Sorry, that wiki page was conveniently edited 2 days ago.
I cant accept that

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Just research it man.
Flight Tests

Hhmmm...This page was last modified on 14 December 2009 at 19:23

Sorry, that wiki page was conveniently edited 2 days ago.
I cant accept that

Probably to add the 12/9 launch to the table of flight tests...

I doubt it was to modify information to hide a conspiracy... but I'm sure you can find the information elsewhere if it suits you.

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join