It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: YOUTUBE and GOOGLE won't auto-fill/suggest the keywords "climategate" and "climate gate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just need a confirmation from other users that YouTube is scrubbing the terms from their inner auto fill/ suggestion search help.

1) Go to YouTube.>>>>> www.youtube.com...

2) Click inside the search bar and type in "climategate" or "climate gate" (with a space).

3) Try it in capital letters and with capitals on the first character. Double check it.

4) Type in c-l-i-m-a-t-e. Pause after you typed the "e". See what suggestions come up.

5) Report back here what you experience.

If confirmed from multiple ends, the question would be "why?". Given that those terms are probably the most viral keywords being used for weeks, YouTubes internal auto-fill/search help should have recognized this by now. So the questions would remain.....WHY?

It auto-fills/ suggests for all other terms related but not those specific words. Why?

Wouldn't that seem purposeful?

I updated the title to reflect that Google is doing the same thing for those search terms in the auto fill/suggestion box.

Weird again.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Prove_It_NOW]

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Its a negative here

no auto-complete on "climateg"

then on"climate g" I get...

ground
graph
geography

...brings up a good point... (why?)

Thanks for pointing that out ...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

One confirmed, thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
::deleted paragraph::

EDIT-----Forget my post...I just checked youtube, and indeed they do have climategate videos on there.
Im baffled as to why its not on the autosearch. weird.
Dont they have a record of doing this in the past with videos such as Alex Jones Endgame and all that?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Maybe there are no climategate videos on youtube?
I know, dont bash me, im just giving another theory here.
who really knows?

there are videos! They just don't auto-fill them for you...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Maybe there are no climategate videos on youtube?
I know, dont bash me, im just giving another theory here.
who really knows?

Uh, That would be a big negative. There are MANY videos with the terms 'climategate' and climate gate" in their titles. Videos that have been up for weeks I'll add.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yea, I just found that out. lol. you guys are too fast. I tried to edit my post but you all beat me to it. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

::deleted paragraph::

EDIT-----Forget my post...I just checked youtube, and indeed they do have climategate videos on there.
Im baffled as to why its not on the autosearch. weird.
Dont they have a record of doing this in the past with videos such as Alex Jones Endgame and all that?

They have a "history" of things like this on certain issues. I'm just conducting a study to see if they are "at it" again. That's 2 confirmations now.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
YouTube has been using these tricks among others for a long time now.

Of course a lot of people here keep calling the problems code errors or such.

Shills and others just cannot see the obvious.

Why fix a supposed code item if it gives the result that the Omniscient Google empire wants.

China was the test bed, the world is the implementation plan.

No, nothing to see here, just step away.

Good find OP. But I think it is a code problem. /s

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I wouldn't be concerned if this hadn't happened in the past with a number of other 'hot' issues. Code problems are a possibility, but the inner YouTube caching is different than Google. Google's metacrawler has to search YouTube to cache it's title pages, not the reverse.

YouTube (i'm pretty sure) has a stand alone search suggestion system, not at all based on anything Google provides. Google is secondary in that heirarchy. So the problem would have to stem form YOUTUBE.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Same behavior here.

No climategate auto-complete.

Google FAIL.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well I don't know but I tried to search "John Byner" & "Bizzare" and nothing came up either. And I'm not happy about it.

Back on track, (sorry), they'll pull what you are looking for soon..count on it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The words "global swindle" are auto-filled in Youtube, with total of over 700 results..

Checked also Google search, no auto-fill for climategate also.. also not in videos.google.com. Strangely enough there is also no auto-fill for words "global swindle" in Google.

I'm wondering if they are sharing same cache..

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I came back to give you a couple of humor videos that may break the ice.

Okay, that was a bad joke. hehehehhe

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The post below me is right I retract my previous statement.

I feel silly now for not noticing this in the first place! -DOH-

[edit on 8-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
thread fail.

it works on a most searched basis. if not alot of people are searching for climategate it will not autofill it.

try it with any random search.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

It's sad to me that more people are searching for "dirty sweat" than climategate.

Though, since YouTube has been known to scrub results in the past, we can't conclusively say that they're not removing climategate from the autofill search suggestions.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
thread fail.

it works on a most searched basis. if not alot of people are searching for climategate it will not autofill it.

try it with any random search.

LOGIC FAIL! "IF NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SEARCHING"?

Hello, it's one of the most typed words of this month. That's my point. Why did you insert such a nitwit drive by post? Do you have anything relevant to contribute?

Christ man, are you even conscious and breathing?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I just checked Google's suggestion auto fill too.

The words "climategate" and "climate gate" are not showing up on their own either. Looks like a filter is scrubbing the words. So now it's Google and YouTube.

Why? Even my keyword software I use for SEO is not showing it from the Google end. But Alexa, Bing, and a couple smaller ones do.

It's weird.Why is it scrubbed from the main Search Engine and Youtube as stand alone search keywords/phrases. By themselves, they must be in the tens of thousands just for this months hits.

Very odd.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Seems somebody else has noticed this too...
www.redstate.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join