It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The 1st Human to Live to 1,000 is Alive Today" -A Galaxy Insight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

"The 1st Human to Live to 1,000 is Alive Today" -A Galaxy Insight

www.dailygalaxy.com

Cambridge University geneticist Aubrey de Grey has famously stated, “The first person to live to be 1,000 years old is certainly alive today …whether they realize it or not, barring accidents and suicide, most people now 40 years or younger can expect to live for centuries.”

Perhaps de Gray is way too optimistic, but plenty of others have joined the search for a virtual fountain of youth. In fact, a growing number of scientists, doctors, geneticists and nanotech experts—many with impeccable academic credentials—are insisting that there is no hard reason why ageing can’t be drama
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-12-2009 by j_kalin]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 12/8/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Do you want to be immortal? What concrete steps have you taken? Do you have any hard evidence that these actions are working or any data to support your strategy? I am not talking about spiritual ascendence, etc. I want to know your ideas/facts on extending the time your current physical body is alive in this world, and in a state of health. I have a strategy in place for myself, which I will discuss in later posts. But, I'd like to hear what others are doing...I can only check posts every day or so, but I will respond to comments.

www.dailygalaxy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 12/8/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by j_kalin

The problem with Gray's method to life extension is that he fails to realize what life actually is. This is mainly because he is coming from a materialistic mainstream science perspective which basically is founded in the idea that energy is a result of the interaction of matter.

The issue is that matter is the result of the vibration of energy. We, and everything else, exist as a vibration of the void, as a manifestation of the underlying structure. We are God's dreams.

So the real secret to life extension is Love, it is to embody the higher vibrations, to allow the divine to flow through yourself and manifest itself. Love manifests beauty, beauty is a sign of health, of symmetry, balance and energetic purity. What kills us is our chaos, our entropy. And these are a manifestation of our thoughts, they are the materialization of our energy.

Our consciousness, which is a fractal offshoot of the universal consciousness as everything is alive, selects the ideas it wants to embody due to it's own emotional programming. If we embody the wrong ones, they manifest chaos in our lives. If we choose the positive ideas, and everyone but a psychopath can differentiate the two, then they manifest love in our lives. And love is life.

Gray is manifesting chaos, and while he may get some life extension, it will always be at the cost of death and suffering and strife, because he is trying to get life extension without symmetry between himself and the underlying physics of the universe. But he's a smart man, he might yet figure it out, if he can get over his own ego (yes, I've seen him talk, he's amusing).

The above is not to disqualify science and scientists, it's just to give the big picture. How every little bit fits into the big picture I painted is something people have to figure out as they go along. Life is not going to be boring

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
it does make you wonder doesn't it. if we can live to a 1,000 then 24hour fitness is going to be the biggest business in the world. can you imagine how fat you'd become in a thousand years?

and this is seriously going to piss off the holders of the longest fingernail/hair world records.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by j_kalin

Concrete techniques of living longer are quite simple: Keep a happy frame of mind, so the body vibrates at the right frequencies to manifest health, and drink pure water and eat natural foods. Exercise regularly but not in a way that you break your body, you should push the limits gradually. Sleep when needed, especially good if you can synchronize yourself with the earth rotation and sleep at night and be awake in natural sunlight. Have good emotional bonds with positive people, avoid negative or energy vampire personalities. Don't work for slavedrivers, work for yourself. Avoid corporate medications. Be careful and calm at how you live your life.

And that's about it. If the overall makeup tunes into the right frequency your body will ressonate with energy and death is not a concern. The reason this seems like new age or even science fiction is basically because the whole planet, for reasons I don't pretend to fully understand, is out of whack with the basic natural system.

At the end of the day it's a probability, and a balanced person CAN have a premature death. If it were a sure thing life would ultimately be boring and pointless. Likewise a bad person can have a long life. What I'm talking about graphs out as Bell Curve.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

This concept of living a healthy longer life is burying your head in the sand.
Acting positive and happy and ignoring conflict and struggle isn't living, it's hiding.

I'm not saying this about you, just the concrete technique you have described.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No offense, but I'll put my money on nanotech and biomedical advancements keeping me alive longer than the pile of new age schlock you just pandered up there.

Vibrations? Gods Dreams? If it's so simple that's why we have a ton of people over the age of 200 kicking back and going for an early morning stroll as I type this, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

It's a question of focus, not ignorance.

There's a truism out there that goes thus: You become what you fight.

To overcome hardship sometimes all you need to do is step out of it's way and let it crash by itself. In martial arts this concept is present in all those funky moves where you use the force of the adversary against him, and these are showing a basic universal dynamic.

Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

It's your choice to make my friend, but the road you choose will give you cancer, in all likelyhood, which is a manifestation of lack of symmetry.

I wasn't just giving you new age bull, I was showing you were religion and science meet. You see, Love and thermodynamics are the same thing.

But you're free, seek your own path and be happy if you can

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

No offense, but I'll put my money on nanotech and biomedical advancements keeping me alive longer than the pile of new age schlock you just pandered up there.

Vibrations? Gods Dreams? If it's so simple that's why we have a ton of people over the age of 200 kicking back and going for an early morning stroll as I type this, right?

I'm with you on this one mate. Science Vs. New Age Hippie crap.... Err, no brainer!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

No amount of fancy quotes and thousand year old concepts can change the fact that in this day and age you can't just sit back and let evil run it's course.

I also have a little truism "There will be more wars until men grow brave enough to stop them"

I'm so tired of reading about sitting back for self enlightenment, getting in touch with inner light crap, we as a species haven't progressed enough to be allowed this, it should be considered self indulgence.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ah...ol Aubry. Do a "little" background check on him, and see what Cambridge says about his "employment"...yeah...that should end it there.

If that doesn't erase him from your list of "creditable" scientists...go learn about his little friends in the cult known as-

www.vampiretemple.com...

His name won't be on that page...you need to join them first..then pay for the monthly bloodlines...then spend 10,000 bucks on their "in house" cryo-freezing program.

Then you will be forced to read "The Holographic Universe", and only THEN do the vampires tell you just HOW you will archive immortality...and the answer to it all is-

dun dun dunnnnn!

Aubry De Gray!!!

My friend, who stood by my side all my life...left everyone he knew to follow this guy, these Vampires, and Aubry's promises of life eternal.

I can go on forever booing this man and his scam.

First hand witness to the depth of this scam. My friend has since been gone in New York, worshiping Gray and spending ALL his money in "hopes" to bring Gray's dream to truth.

Seriously...this scam is dangerous...and this is no joke.

If any Mods/site-owners want details...I am open to communication about this.

AND LASTLY...if ANY of you here are Temple Vampires...don't even screw around with your little veiled threats...as I told the last two, "I will have you arrested" faster then your little Hippy-God Aubry will ever make you immortal.

Seriously...I joke a lot on this site. But this one I am serious about.

You have been warned.

PS-If any Mod thinks I am advertising the Vampire site, please remove the link.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

Maybe instead of reading about it you should actually do it? You know, get some perspective?

From where I'm sitting it seems to me you're emanating the very energy you claim to want to fight. You can't fight evil with evil, you only get more evil. This is not to say there isn't such a concept as self defense, there is, but to go after someone based on your own ideology is basically the same as the NWO is haphazzardly trying to do, badly, with us. And you play into their agenda. C'mon, realize this. If you fight them with violence you fall into the police grid control system and you tag yourself as a terrorist. If you disobey with civility and get family and friends to follow... well, you stand a chance of kicking off the exponential growth of civil disobedience that can actually achieve positive change instead of just changing the guard on the psychopaths.

At it's core the current problems are energy diseases. You cure fear with love, you kill love with fear. Make your choice. It's thousands of years old as a concept perhaps because it's true. Think about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It has been demonstrated that a calorically restricted diet (about 70 - 80% of what the FDA recommends) can extend life by 30%. The pattern holds across a broad spectrum of species.

www.medicinenet.com...

Of course it's neither the quick fix offered by nanotech or the methuselan longevity you may be seeking, but it's something. People these days eat too much, and it wears out the cellular machinery. This approach requires mindfulness and self discipline, but it's well worth it.

I eat about 1600 calories per day of calorie-poor but nutrient-rich food. I am healthy, fit and do not feel deprived. I am 26 years old, but easily pass for a teenager. My mother has been on a similar regimen for much of her life. She is 66, but has the appearance, vigor and high spirits of someone 20 years younger.

Maybe emerging technologies will allow us to live to 1000, but even barring that I plan on passing 100 in good health.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

You mean the very science that gave you GMO's, biotech warfare, climategate and sistemic pollution? As well as other things of course...

Good luck. May the priests of science sacrifice you gently so you keep a smile on your face for posterity.

Ok, I'm being mean and sarcastic, but I trust you get my point. Modern science, co-opted by the psychopathocracy, is in a cul-de-sac. There is nothing to see there, move on. Science, in reality, is just a body of knowledge, data, held up by a method. And this method requires honesty, truth, to stand up to investigation. Our current problem as a species is the endemic plague of lies and manipulations in our memetic structures. Science included.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MillionEyedMask

I am gratified to see a sensible response from one person on here. Caloric restirction is the only technique that I am aware of to prolong mammalian life, as of now. However one of the things I am doing to mimic this is to take trans-resveretrol 200mg/day which activates the same pathway as caloric restiction, the sirtuin genes. Supposedly these genes turn on during starvation to enable the cell to survive on less food and repair itself better rather than reproducing. Some of the other techniques I am using are:
1. Stress reduction via meditation, imagery, acceptance to decrease cortisol and decrease oxidative cellular stress.
2. Anti glycation agents such as Carnosine, Aminguanidine, pyridoximine
3. Antilipofuscien agent Centrophenoxine
4. Antioxidants: the phytochemicals in organic bright colored fruits/vegetables, green tea, and a powerful glutathione-regenerating supplement called (OSR#1 by prescription only) that is 100,000X more powerful than acai or blueberries
5. Ample quantities of EPA/DHA from fish oil and GLA
6. Mitochodrial support with Acetyl Carnitine and CoQ10
7. Bioidentical hormone replacement where needed. In my case, T4/T3, GH, Testosterone, DHEA
8. A powerful multivitamin powder with multiminerals from a company called Life Extension Foundation

there's more, but I'll see what sort of response I get to this post.

Anyone out there using any other pharmaceuticals like seligilene, etc?

I notice that if I am on my regimen, that when I exercise at 13METS, my heart rate never goes above 80 and I have no fatigue, whereas if I forget the stuff an go to the gym, I am exhausted with a heart rate of 150-180 at 11-12 METS, so there is a definite physical/biochemical effect. My skin feels like baby skin where it used to be rough and cold, I am growing new muscle all over and my fat is melting away. I think my hair is growing darker as well. Memory is better and my mood is youthful, whereas I was depressed and irritable before embarking on this.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I really cannot imagine anything worse than the prospect of having to live a 1,000 years.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by j_kalin

Do you want to be immortal? What concrete steps have you taken? Do you have any hard evidence that these actions are working or any data to support your strategy?

My number one strategy is to put my faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and savior. He promises us an incredible immortable, interdimensional body, with capabilities that we can't even imagine. It's far better than any human, high tech. life extension program.

I happen to believe in this promise because I have personally seen miracles performed in his name.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I really cannot imagine anything worse than the prospect of having to live a 1,000 years.

Awww come on! Then you aren't having enough fun!!!

I would love to live for as long as I am capable and willing.

I think not enough people consider that when we die, our fundamental nature does not change. Time and place may change but something more fundamental to us will not, ie our experience of being aware, which is essentially what "we" "are."

I agree with the scientist in the article, extremely long lifespans are possible. Literal immortality (ie you live "forever"), I wouldn't know anything about that, as I don't know anything about "eternity" or the concept of endless linear time. I'm not saying it can't exist by any means, simply that I can hardly fathom it, except that it would probably be cyclical....

Anyway, props to everyone seeking to live for hundreds of years or more.

There were Yoga teachers in ancient times who are recorded as having lifespans of up to about 500 years, recorded just as plain as any other historical fact for these people.

Another poster above said that we generate chaos in our lives which eventually brings them to an end. I also agree with that. But we can also bring so much consciousness and awareness into our lives, that we more than balance all the entropy, and actually grow healthier and stronger and more intelligent as we get older, indefinitely.

All of the cells in our body die and are replaced something like every 7 years. Think about that. Supposedly the reason we eventually age and die is because our chromosomes and DNA begin to mutate and so as our cells constantly reproduce and die, they gradually stray more and more from optimal health. I say that as a rule is bullocks. It may be a common case for most people, but certainly is not a strict law that cannot be broken. We change our active genes (activating and de-activating genes, possibly even changing DNA itself) on a daily basis, or at least the possibility for changing them on a daily basis is there. It depends on us to make those adjustments. There is a cancer gene but it isn't activated in people that have it unless certain conditions (many different possibilities) activate it. Why activate that gene? Why not activate more positive, healthy ones? Or even integrate something altogether new into your life and make your body accordingly adjust to that? The possibilities are all there.

I honestly believe we are on the threshold of an entirely new age, an age of light. We just came out of an age of darkness, from which we have totally forgotten our true nature. In this next age, however, we will remember, and old abilities will be unlocked to us once again. Those people in the Bible that lived to incredible ages? That will be us once again, because we are about to re-inherit that knowledge, from a totally novel path, this path we are taking now. And this whole ride -- is beautiful. I love life.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You make some interesting points and I agree with you on a spiritual level; yet it seems to be that we are just figuring out the the purpose of our lives when we start to age and die. That is a cruel twist of life. Wouldn't the world be a better place if people could choose to live indefinitely: for example, if you knew you would suffer the consequences, why would you pollute? If you knew you would deal with the consequences, would you vote for a better person for political office? We don't seem to care about the fate of our decendants when we make policies that are detrimental to our planet and society; perhaps if we knew we would be around longer, we would make better decisions.

But back to the biochemical end, what I have read indicates that although some older cells do show mitochondrial and DNA damage, most do not. Most, in fact, seem to be in an atrophic state due to lack of stimulation by other factors (hormonal, etc). This is the rationale for bioidentical hormone replacement. When hormones are normalized in elderly people, their bodies respond and return toward youthful parameters in terms of exercise tolerance, strength, energy, libido, memory, mood.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join