before ya'll bash our soldiers

page: 2
21
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by USAFJetTech
 


First, thank you for your service
Second, I think I've found an exception to the second line of your signature and his username is "rainfall".




posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Can you wake up everyday and do whatever comes to mind? Yes.
You don't have to obey rules. You choose to.
You don't have to obey the laws. You choose to.

Those choices are freedoms.

I am sorry...but FEAR is not freedom. I follow the laws because I do not wish to go to jail, be financially ruined by a fine or have my "name" tarnished by having a "record". I come from a "Marine Corps family"; my grandfather fought in WW11, my father in Vietnam and cousins in the Gulf....and I certainly don't BLAME the small guy...the grunt...but I will NEVER shake the hand of a warrior for "giving me my freedom"...the last time America fought a war for "freedom" was during the revolutionary war.....all others were for some kind of gain of another nature....NOT freedom.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech
 


What about freedom from fear? Like the freedom to fly across the country, without the fear your plane will be flown into a building?

How free do you think you would be if our warriors decided to quit and our military ceased to exist? What if no one made the decision that our country and its citizens were worth the sacrifices required of a warrior? Kind of frightening to me.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by WTFover]



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i'll call every soldier a hormonal naive child to their face for signing up within the last 5 years.

it is obvious our military has other interests than protecting its country. like increasing opium production in afganyland and killing brown people.

if you fail to do your homework before signing up and fall for the hollywood army of one bs, well then, you fell for it. sheep believe what they are told, and make great bullet catchers, its just nature you know.

personally i dont refer to our boys in camo as 'soldiers' anymore, but slaves.

i know plenty of soldiers.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
I read a ton of stuff where folks either bash our troops or expect them to be kicking in our doors.

Unh Unh!

Have yall not heard the hell these folks are having? Marriages going to pot? Some of them just walking off bases muttering? These people need our help and our support. I really dont know what to do to help but the least I can do is offer them my hand and say thank you.

I swore that my generation wouldnt do to its soldiers what our parents did to the Nam vets! Defend them as they defend us!

Some of you may have seen this in an email. Its simple but true.

Remember our troops before you vilify or bash.

*MODS: Please move this if its in the wrong spot. Seemed like a good place.
-----------------------------------------------------
TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,
HE LIVED ALL ALONE,
IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF
PLASTER AND STONE.

I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY
WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,
AND TO SEE JUST WHO
IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.

I LOOKED ALL ABOUT,
A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,
NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS,
NOT EVEN A TREE.

NO STOCKING BY MANTLE,
JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,
ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES
OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.

WITH MEDALS AND BADGES,
AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,
A SOBER THOUGHT
CAME THROUGH MY MIND.

FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT,
IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,
I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER,
ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY.

THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING,
SILENT, ALONE,
CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR
IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE,
THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER,
NOT HOW I PICTURED
A UNITED STATES SOLDIER.

WAS THIS THE HERO
OF WHOM I'D JUST READ?
CURLED UP ON A PONCHO,
THE FLOOR FOR A BED?

I REALIZED THE FAMILIES
THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,
OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS
WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.

SOON ROUND THE WORLD,
THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,
AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE
A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.

THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM
EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,
BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS,
LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.

I COULDN'T HELP WONDER
HOW MANY LAY ALONE,
ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE
IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.

THE VERY THOUGHT
BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE,
I DROPPED TO MY KNEES
AND STARTED TO CRY.

THE SOLDIER AWAKENED
AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,
'SANTA DON'T CRY,
THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE;

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM,
I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,
MY LIFE IS MY GOD,
MY! COUNTRY, MY CORPS.'

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER
AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,
I COULDN'T CONTROL IT,
I CONTINUED TO WEEP.

I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS,
SO SILENT AND STILL
AND WE BOTH SHIVERED
FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE
ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT,
THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR
SO WILLING TO FIGHT.

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER,
WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE,
WHISPERED, 'CARRY ON SANTA,
IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE.'

ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH,
AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT.
'MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND,
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT


What a load of bollox . My best friend's son has just completed his third tour of Afganistan and he told me that that they are fighting an unseen enemy and for all he knows , he may as well be fighting against his own countrymen . He has met people from all walks of life in that country and nobody ( including his battelion) know why they are there . He even told me , off the record , that the general feeling is that his friends are being killed by their own countrymen . Make what you want of this statement , I don't give a rats arse, I have a feeling we are all having the wool pulled over our eyes .



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster
 


WOW!! I can't believe ya'll fell like this about soldiers! Military life is sorta like slavery... have to get permission to even drive more than 50 miles from post. Cars and homes are inspected regularly.

A guy that use to be in my husband's unit went to the chaplain & said he didn't think he could kill anyone -- no one has seen him sense. Rumor was he was put in psy ward.

Suicide is very high! Divorce rate high. When husb was put in specialize unit I had to talk to his commanders about our marriage and assure them we were secure.

These guys don't wanna go kill people. They all want opportunity to have a normal happy life. And they sacrifice ALOT. And most don't want to deploy. But you do what you have to do.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mjtwelve
 


mj, check out opium production numbers since 2001 in afganyland, they skyrocketed when we went over there and are steady on the rise.

we're protecting a 100 billion a year drug industry over there.

id post a link but cant copy/paste cause im on my wii

peace out



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My grandad fought during WW2, but very rarely taked about it. As a decent human being it definitely changed him and it was written all over his face. He'd never killed anyone before and even after the war he didn't hate the Germans. He just hated what he became because of them.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for World War 2 veterans and the sacrifices they made to safeguard our civil liberties and freedoms, but I do draw the line at supporting troops who are only too willing to fight illegal wars. It's hypocritical when soldiers talk about honor and dignity and at the same time are only too happy to allow themselves to be used & abused by corrupt politicians who don't know the meaning of such words. Where's the dignity in that? If you must shoot someone, shoot these politicians.


My cousin was in Iraq and now Afghanistan, but I still refuse to support our troops or these illegal war ventures. If one is to take the moral high ground, then it's simply wrong to do so. I hope my cousin stays safe, as well as all other troops, but unfortunately in war people die on both sides, with the only exception being those bloody politicians who are responsible for all these wars.


War is truly a mug's game.
Hate begets hatred, and violence begets violence. The only way to break this cycle is to say no to war.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
reply to post by mjtwelve
 


mj, check out opium production numbers since 2001 in afganyland, they skyrocketed when we went over there and are steady on the rise.

we're protecting a 100 billion a year drug industry over there.

id post a link but cant copy/paste cause im on my wii

peace out


I hear ya , Bro



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFJetTech
reply to post by rainfall
 


Your right, Karma can be a b!tch, and hopefully if you ever need a soldier like me to defend your life or your rights thats the moment we all decide to lay down our arms and leave you to fend for yourself


In case you haven't noticed, you already left the American people to 'fend' for themselves....

Our rights are being stripped away daily by a criminal government that has taken over the U.S. while you grunts are off slaughtering children and looking in 'caves' for the boogie man...


And we are supposed to believe that you guys are smart.?...Do you really think you are protecting this country.?.....Well you're not.....you are protecting the criminals who are now running it..

Thanks for nothing...



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

Originally posted by USAFJetTech
reply to post by rainfall
 


Your right, Karma can be a b!tch, and hopefully if you ever need a soldier like me to defend your life or your rights thats the moment we all decide to lay down our arms and leave you to fend for yourself


In case you haven't noticed, you already left the American people to 'fend' for themselves....

Our rights are being stripped away daily by a criminal government that has taken over the U.S. while you grunts are off slaughtering children and looking in 'caves' for the boogie man...


And we are supposed to believe that you guys are smart.?...Do you really think you are protecting this country.?.....Well you're not.....you are protecting the criminals who are now running it..

Thanks for nothing...


This has to be the soundest reply I have read since joining ATS . A star to you , my friend .



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mjtwelve
 


So do ya'll think that our soldiers will be treated similar to Vietnam vets?

As far as thinking for themselves--that's not an option. They can't question any orders. They will immediately get demoted then ch 13.

With the Navy Seals getting court martial for roughing up a guy.. doesn't seem like soldiers are allowed to slaughter..



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zz0409
reply to post by mjtwelve
 


So do ya'll think that our soldiers will be treated similar to Vietnam vets?

As far as thinking for themselves--that's not an option. They can't question any orders. They will immediately get demoted then ch 13.

With the Navy Seals getting court martial for roughing up a guy.. doesn't seem like soldiers are allowed to slaughter..




this is simple.

kill the head, the body will die.

rainfall, you have good words.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall
 


We know that we are doing more for this country than you ever could and ever will. The only way for anyone to make change happen is if they have something that can match or outdo the other.
It would take more than a backwater hunter to make something out of nothing, it would take military training which you can only get through being military.
It takes far more than copy and pasting conspiracy rhetoric and hoping somebody bites. When it comes to creating change in the matrix, actions speak louder than words.
America was not created by the writing of a document, it was created through armed resistance.
America was set down the path of becoming a nation months before the pen was brought to paper on the purpose of independence, "the shot heard round the world" being the original declaration that spoke to the common man who was not so well educated back then.
I say this to you and everyone who reads this post, it will not be some random ragtag militia, some protesters, not somebody like that to save this country in the end; it will be the military of the United States of America to save whatever is left to fight another day.

I don't see or hear you people taking an oath to anything under an establishment older and bigger than yourselves.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe
 


may i ask what your rank is please?

thanks



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
reply to post by rainfall
 


We know that we are doing more for this country than you ever could and ever will. The only way for anyone to make change happen is if they have something that can match or outdo the other.
It would take more than a backwater hunter to make something out of nothing, it would take military training which you can only get through being military.
It takes far more than copy and pasting conspiracy rhetoric and hoping somebody bites. When it comes to creating change in the matrix, actions speak louder than words.
America was not created by the writing of a document, it was created through armed resistance.
America was set down the path of becoming a nation months before the pen was brought to paper on the purpose of independence, "the shot heard round the world" being the original declaration that spoke to the common man who was not so well educated back then.
I say this to you and everyone who reads this post, it will not be some random ragtag militia, some protesters, not somebody like that to save this country in the end; it will be the military of the United States of America to save whatever is left to fight another day.

I don't see or hear you people taking an oath to anything under an establishment older and bigger than yourselves.



Here speaks the word of a fool . Take note of his ramblings for it will stand you in good staid when making future judgments .



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
How much training did the USAF have before they helped pull off 9-11??


Got proof, Craftsman?


Originally posted by rainfall
How come nobody in the military has tried to arrest the Bush/Cheney criminal cabal for the treasonous acts of 9-11-01???


And if this was true, the US military doesn't do the job that a civilian police force is suppose to do. Posse Comitatus Act, anyone?


Originally posted by rainfall
What a bunch of wimps...


Snip


Originally posted by rainfall
Go slaughter some more innocent children and make yourselves feel like 'Big Men.'


Snip

Mod Edit: Please Refrain from Personal Attacks and Name Calling

[edit on 12-7-2009 by worldwatcher]



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
kill the head, the body will die.


Really? Care to explain that?



Originally posted by vermonster
rainfall, you have good words.


Geez, spare me.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
gotta love this serf above me, provides no info, just schoolyard name calling.

i have met him on other threads, he does the same thing.

quite a classy fellow, a porn star i see too.

do not feed.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
gotta love this serf above me, provides no info, just schoolyard name calling.


Yeah, just what I thought. I guess "serf" isn't name calling in your book, huh?

Didn't answer the question I asked, here or in the other thread.





top topics
 
21
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join