It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before ya'll bash our soldiers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Now, what about the insurgents that blow up a car bomb in the middle of a crowded market? What do you consider that?

Are you talking about something that happened in the Middle East....or in the U.S.?....

If you didn't have your nose over there in their business that bomb probably wouldn't have gone off in the first place..and by the way....I'm sure al-CIA-da had something to do with that blast in the first place....

Clean up your own backyard before you worry about your neighbors...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

excellent post.... I am a retired army soldier and did my fair share of butt kicking and sadly killing..... we did what we had to then and our military is doing what it needs to do right now.... sadly the political correct government will not allow them to get the gloves off and end this mess... but irregardless the military will always have my unending support and undying respect...

thanks for the poem it is great...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

yeah....

karma can be a mean one for sure. so as you enjoy your civil liberties (at least those that still remain) and you see our enemies being fought on foriegn soil, and not your back yard, and as you think to yourself how wonderful a day it is i think i will go have a picnic, and at that moment some poor 18 year old kid who doesnt know crap about crap is getting shot at so you can enjoy your sammich in the sun, just remember that karma is a bad mutha.

One day you will grow old (or maybe you already have) and as we talk about the different types of people in this world, those who stood and fought to earn thier life, and those who in cowardice simply lived thiers, you will walk away in shame and sorrow as you see your grandchildren and thier generation continue to do what you could not.

And as you fade away into the evening, alone with your cowardice, enjoying all the things that others have died providing to you, i hope you remember karma. i hope you remember the BOYS and GIRLS who had more personal character and physical fortitude that died for you. The children, whos country still considered them too young to accept the responsibilities of drinking alcohol, and the sacrifices that they made. taking thier last breath on foreign soil, the last thing that they see is the blood and sand and GRIME of some distant land, while you enjoy your mickey d's, or your tv show, or your game.

They smell the stench of burnt mud houses and body odor mixed with sulphur and the iron tange of blood, thier blood, and you smell the wonderful aroma of daily commute and cigarettes.

Each day these kids will wake up, and every filthy crusty stinky bit of clothing that they put on, they do so with pride, and you will meander about your home because you cannot decide what color shirt to wear. They will dawn heavy equipment and encumbering items that are necessary because today, someone is trying to KILL them. and you will wear the latest greatest thing that you want to, not out of necessity, but because its trendy, and i bet you never once think about how you can only be trendy because kids like us are willing to bleed for you.

Keep hiding behind our children and brothers that risk thier lives every day. when the time comes, and it will, when it comes to pass that you are asked what have you done for your countrymen, all you can say is "i cowered in fear and spat on those who gave me the right to do so"

have a nice life, i hope its a long one. i mean a really really really long one.

edited for the simple people who need help to read.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by wx4caster]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

wrong, taliban gained control in 94 and imposed the ban.

wiki says that as of march 2008 afganistan became the worlds leading supplier of opium, how

long have we been there again? seems too me thats an odd coicidence, we invade afganistan and the opium production skyrockets, huh, weird.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
Are you talking about something that happened in the Middle East....or in the U.S.?....

Last time I checked, not too many car bombs going off at the Mall of America.

If you didn't have your nose over there in their business that bomb probably wouldn't have gone off in the first place..and by the way....I'm sure al-CIA-da had something to do with that blast in the first place....

Oh, yes, the old "if it wasn't for the US, this wouldn't be happening" excuse. Or the "It's the fault of the CIA". Geez, sing another tune; those are getting old.

And it still doesn't enlighten us on what you think of insurgents killing women and children.

I didn't know dead women and kids were something I shouldn't have to worry about....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
i like your avatar btw, i can see the idea of your image you project onto this little fantasy land.

i especially like the cool cigarette.

props.

Oh...

In my lifetime I've seen more than my fair share in the real world.
My son just came back in March from Iraq after spending 18 months in country. I support the troops. I don't agree with the wars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1e0fa816010.jpg[/atsimg]

I'll trust my sons first hand experiences rather than some opinionated voice who trolls from their computer. At least he had a big enough pair to do the job. What do trolls have to fear?

Carpal tunnel syndrome?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Aw hell...rainfall, I knew that if you kept posting you would eventually, by the grace of mathematical probability, say something I have to agree with and that phrase above is it. I would love to see our own countries obvious problems come first but I wont hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

wrong, taliban gained control in 94 and imposed the ban.

Prove it.
Otherwise it's just another opinion.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Hansome boy! I know you're proud! marine?

I agree... I support the troops. Hate war. But if we gotta go to war I want us to be the best of the best.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

foolishness.

we are a broke nation.
our own countrymen are jobless and hungry and their numbers are growing despite what the magic light box tells you.
we are fighting a war based on a story, proven to be a lie.

mission accomplished, right?
or maybe not yet, how bout 8 more years of this nonsense.

bring my brother home now!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to vermonster

i would hope that my countrymen would use every tactic under the sun to get them the hell out of MY country.

Your true colors revealed. You hope someone else will do it for you. Not willing to do it your self. You just want to sit back and criticize your "countrymen" who wear the uniform and do the dirty work.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

i know, well google it, i read it last week. im in a hotel on my wii and can't copy and paste.

i will u2u it when i am at my desk tomorrow a m

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to vermonster

i would hope that my countrymen would use every tactic under the sun to get them the hell out of MY country.

Your true colors revealed. You hope someone else will do it for you. Not willing to do it your self. You just want to sit back and criticize your "countrymen" who wear the uniform and do the dirty work.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by WTFover]

well wtf do i pay them for?

where does 1/3 of my earnings go each year?

are you serious or just trolling?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

foolishness.

we are a broke nation.
our own countrymen are jobless and hungry and their numbers are growing despite what the magic light box tells you.

and that is supposed to be a good reason not to support our troops? because we are BROKE??? That is a good reason not to stand for what is right????

as i recall, our nation went to war with greater adversaries than we face today under the circumstance that we were BROKE.

i am not saying that i think that america should be anywhere doing anything. but by god if we are gonna do it then lets frikkin do it. dont you dare stand before me or anyone else who has spent anytime overthere and spout your anti-military nonsense. you would do the same things that we have done over there if you were in the same shoes, the only difference is that alot of these soldier haters dont have the nuts to be in those shoes for any amount of time.

i have spent 9 years defending the filth of america, do the math, i was in BEFORE 9/11, and i joined because my grandfather marched across europe to help stop the nazis.

i think that every man woman and child should be REQUIRED to spend some time in the service, and then maybe learn something called honor, courage, duty, commitment... some real ethics that could be applied to thier everyday civilian life. then maybe you unappreciative asses can understand what the hell sacrifice is, and the circumnstance in which it is most required.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

i like your avatar btw, i can see the idea of your image you project onto this little fantasy land.

i especially like the cool cigarette.

props.

Oh...

In my lifetime I've seen more than my fair share in the real world.
My son just came back in March from Iraq after spending 18 months in country. I support the troops. I don't agree with the wars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1e0fa816010.jpg[/atsimg]

I'll trust my sons first hand experiences rather than some opinionated voice who trolls from their computer. At least he had a big enough pair to do the job. What do trolls have to fear?

Carpal tunnel syndrome?

lol, judging by your avatar and your hangout page thing, you sound more like the carpal tunnel type.
how long did it take for you to decide how many playing cards you were going to draw in your helmet?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Hi wx4caster,

Sorry I could not read you post, "paragraph breaks" makes it sooo much easier to read...

But if you could sum it up in one sentence, that would be appreciated...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

1/3 of your earnings? Seriously?

But, now that you bring that up. Instead of lambasting our soldiers and accusing them of being wrong for fighting what you think is an unjust war, why don't you show us what a big man you are and refuse to pay those taxes and contribute, financially, to that unjust war? If you won't do that, then you are being a hypocrite for not taking a stand, like you demand of others.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster

foolishness.

we are a broke nation.

and that is supposed to be a good reason not to support our troops? because we are BROKE??? That is a good reason not to stand for what is right????

as i recall, our nation went to war with greater adversaries than we face today under the circumstance that we were BROKE.

i am not saying that i think that america should be anywhere doing anything. but by god if we are gonna do it then lets frikkin do it. dont you dare stand before me or anyone else who has spent anytime overthere and spout your anti-military nonsense. you would do the same things that we have done over there if you were in the same shoes, the only difference is that alot of these soldier haters dont have the nuts to be in those shoes for any amount of time.

i have spent 9 years defending the filth of america, do the math, i was in BEFORE 9/11, and i joined because my grandfather marched across europe to help stop the nazis.

i think that every man woman and child should be REQUIRED to spend some time in the service, and then maybe learn something called honor, courage, duty, commitment... some real ethics that could be applied to thier everyday civilian life. then maybe you unappreciative asses can understand what the hell sacrifice is, and the circumnstance in which it is most required.

my grandfather marched too bucko.

supporting the troops now means SQUAT.

we fight so the industrial military complex can make a buck.

just cause you fell for the trap, doesn't mean its the 'right thing to do'

you certainly didn't protect my interests, i held no stock in haliburton.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

judging by your avatar and your hangout page thing, you sound more like the carpal tunnel type.

wii user

Too funny.

Yeah ok whatever...

On topic
The fact of the matter is that the troops did not declare war politicians do that. Point your pompous self righteous high powered discerning eye towards those in charge instead of the ones who are doing the best possible job in some of the hardest conditions imaginable.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster

foolishness.

we are a broke nation.

my grandfather marched too bucko.

supporting the troops now means SQUAT.

we fight so the industrial military complex can make a buck.

just cause you fell for the trap, doesn't mean its the 'right thing to do'

you certainly didn't protect my interests, i held no stock in haliburton.

these are more excuses. why dont you just come out and say it, you are too scared to join the service. you could at least be a damned yoeman in the navy or something safe like that.

i support your interest. if we were not out there showing a presence, how long do you think it would take for some one to jack us up here?

but whatever, continue to cower in your home, and i will continue to take whatever deployments they offer. and when i tell my kids about my past i can be proud of what i have done for my country and my childrens future.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join