It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who say's it is better that Religion was banned Worldwide?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Who would be happy and glad about such a world?

i don't think it would be good simply because it would impede free will.

free will is our greatest asset after #1 love and #2 truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is another reason for this because I read there is an organisation that wants to ban all religions, I was seeing how some ATS members think about such a scheme and it seems some are for it as evidence shows on here and other forums.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Religion gives people false hope, which is despicable.

We'd be better off not if we didn't have religion, but if we didn't think we need it. It's more than possible to get all the hope you need from mankind's potential, and not from mystic sky faeries or some such nonsense.

We'll get there one day. Rational thought will prevail, and human development will advance at a fantastic pace.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

the romans tried and they lost.

I thought the Romans were actually extremely tolerant of the various religions from the lands they conquered. It was the Christians' refusal to embrace diversity that led to their persecution. All the other religions were cool with the fact that others might believe what they might believe, but not the Christians.

I think that the comfort some find in religion is quite cool. However, the influence of the establishments behind the religions and the various interpretations of any given religious work has completely skewed the original meanings behind any given faith. I'd be all for religion being completely separated from law/politics, and all tax exemptions to be removed. Faith based initiatives are simply the influence of belief over the law. This is wrong.
I'm so tired of religious zealots insisting that morals, manners, and standards are the sole territory of the churches. As if only the religious can have morals. Such stupidity aggravates me.

True separation of Church (by which I mean all religions) and State is the only real way forward. A ban on faith based initiatives, political contributions from religious organizations, and any religious influence on the law would go a long way toward real progress.

Again, I have no problem with people being religious. That's just fine. Good for them. When their beliefs infringe on mine (whatever they may be) I can only find it offensive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join