It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Beck’s movie bombs in New York, Boston — and Washington, D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Exclusive: Beck’s movie bombs in New York, Boston — and Washington, D.C.

rawstory.com...

In New York, Beck sold 17 tickets. In Boston, another 17. And in Washington, D.C., the hotbed of political activism, his tearful film drew only 30.

Glenn Beck's new movie The Christmas Sweater – A Return To Redemption -- released for a viewing Thursday night in hundreds of theaters across the country. While it performed better in the south and in rural, more conservative areas, his ability to draw viewers in major US markets was a bust.

"The theater's almost empty," a representative at Regal Cinemas in Manhattan told Raw Story moments before it began.

There is a God. My prayers have been answered. I hate that crybaby, whining mamma's boy. I do watch him though but I make it a point to never, ever buy any product that is advertised on his show.

I saw the trailer. $20 tickets....no way.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
OH, the guy overcame lot of obstacles in his life, I don't think we have to beat him up for that, and trying to inspire others, do you?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

lol that's funny Glen Beck is a joke and a fake no wonder no one went to see it

get the VICKS out so i can shed a tear for him

[edit on 4-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow! This sure belongs on ATS!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You guys can be really heartless sometimes.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I read the Christmas sweater last year and it is not political in any way and was a good story. I'm not sure about this though unless it's a continuation of the story?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I dont know anything about the movie but if the movie is in step with the person I dont think anybody expected it not to bomb in those areas.

It's like being blown away that nobody in Wyoming knows who Olberman is or that some guy from New Hampshire has no idea that he's breaking any laws by carrying a firearm into NYC.

Different lands different cultures.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe I am the only one. I also watch A LOT of news....

Glenn Beck had a movie come out??

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher

ya here it is

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I had no idea he had a movie out

The article is kind of a joke, though. To expect Glenn Beck to pull a good audience in NYC, Boston or Washington DC (DC...really?
) would be like expecting Michael Moore to be popular in rural Oklahoma. Good luck with that.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by vor78]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

ya here it is

Man he's really got that shizzle down. Just another creep. MSM mouthpiece.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's just the name. The type of people that buy tickets were probably thrown off by the use of "Christmas" in the title. That simple.

Call it "The Holiday Sweater" and you'd have the hype of a Harry Potter flick.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The more they try to tear him down the more I think he is telling the truth and they want us so very badly to look the other way. What is he really trying to get across that we should come to together and that both the right and the left has been wrong for a long time. Really what is it exactly without getting personal that you disagree with? He wants a smaller goverment and more person liberties how is this so wrong? But instead of coming after him on the issues you come after him on a personal level what kind of a coward are you? To make fun of something that is trying to do good is shamefull and your parent have failed. I no flame me all you want I am sure you can pick something to attack me on but for once in your life be a man or a woman and come after him or me on the issues.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher

I thought the exact same thing.

He needs to fire his marketing staff - because this is the 1st time i've ever heard of it.

Maybe he should hire those people from "Paranormal Activity"

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

this.

absolutely anyone who reads fox news and trusts it is an idiot.

edit: this isn't my picture, but I made the same observations. there's a guy with a blue hat that is also heavily repeated.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by piddles]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

that photo looks 100% photoshopped. And its done VERY poorly. Whoever did this photoshop must be in the "intro to photoshop" class that lies between lunch & study hall

Seriously....there's no need to make **** up.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Where did you get that pic? I despise Fox news more than the next guy but even I have a hard time thinking they would try to pass that off. That has to be from a spoof website somewhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The man is on a mission, WE are getting rail-roaded as humans.
THAT is his message.
Please stop with the partisan BS and listen to the message.
Shrill, overly dramatic, pedantic, and sometimes flat wrong, but he believes what most of us do, and that is that we, as individuals, control our own fortunes, not some government official.
Stop the lies.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Please stop with the partisan BS and listen to the message.

Becks message IS partisan B.S.

it is now, and always has been.

Hence the term "Pundit"

new topics

top topics

join