It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Moon been acting strange recently?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As Jim Morrison once said "Our pale reason hides the infinite from us". The unexplained can always be chopped up to some known phenomenon. Does that mean it is the correct answer? Not always.

Is the world coming to an end soon? I personally don't know. I think something strange is happening. To all those debunkers out there, where is your hard proof that it's not going to happen?

And the other thing is, of course the government would be able to cover it up. When it has world wide implications you don't need only one government to do the coverup. Who controls all the telescopes that are needed to view such a thing?? Guess who.

Time will tell, to all the debunkers out there. Let's see some of your irrefutable evidence to the contrary. If you can't prove it, then I suggest you keep your negative comments to yourself. This is afterall, an open forum for discussion.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Observer's Location: McKinleyville ( 40.9470�N, -124.0990�E)
Local Time: Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7:00)

Apparent geocentric position
Right ascension 4h 4m 18s
Declination 20� 46' 55"
Range 1.0127445 AU
Constellation Taurus
Spring equinox 22:48, 19 March
Summer solstice 17:56, 20 June
Autumn equinox 09:29, 22 September
Winter solstice 04:41, 21 December

Event Time Altitude Azimuth
Astronomical twilight starts: 03:53 -18.0� 39�
Nautical twilight starts: 04:39 -12.0� 48�
Civil twilight starts: 05:19 -6.0� 56�
Sunrise: 05:51 -0.8� 61�
Sunset: 20:35 -0.8� 299�
Civil twilight ends: 21:07 -6.0� 304�
Nautical twilight ends: 21:47 -12.0� 312�
Astronomical twilight ends: 22:33 -18.0� 321�

Maximum altitude: 13:13 69.8� 180�
Minimum altitude: 01:13 -28.4� 360�

Appearance of the Moon,Lunar Data for Sunday, 23 May, 2004 Apparent geocentric position
Right ascension 7h 51m 6s
Declination 26� 6' 34"
Range 403,640 km
Constellation Gemini

Appearance
Diameter 29.60'
Illumination of disk 19%
Libration in longitude -4.427�
Libration in latitude -6.526�

Appearance of the Moon,
celestial north is upwards

Topocentric Event Time Altitude
Sets: 00:12 +0.1�
Rises: 09:04 +0.1�
Maximum altitude: 17:01 75.1�

Phases
New moon: 21:52 Tuesday, 18 May
First quarter: 00:57 Thursday, 27 May
Full moon: 21:20 Wednesday, 02 June
Last quarter: 13:02 Wednesday, 09 June
New moon: 13:27 Thursday, 17 June

From where I'm at everything is where it's supposed to be.

[Edited on 5/23/2004 by Duke_Nukem]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Time will tell, to all the debunkers out there. Let's see some of your irrefutable evidence to the contrary. If you can't prove it, then I suggest you keep your negative comments to yourself. This is afterall, an open forum for discussion.

(yes I know it is a one "line" comment, but what can I say? Actually, I think I just found a new sig line

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
MOON WOBBLE,CHANGED FREQUENCIES & ELEVWAITING HUMANITY
www.rumormillnews.com...

IMPORTANT: A SHORT-FREE OF CHARGE-LESSON IN PHYSICS...
www.rumormillnews.com...

We have Stated that the Moon, unlike the planets, is Earth centric and seeks to hug the Earth�s middle and even during the pole shift will not leave the Earth, such is the force of this hug. We have stated that the Navy timekeepers, in anticipation of this time, preset the Moon rise and set Times after the discovery of Planet X in 1983 by the IRAS team, so that a slowing rotation would not be noticed by the Moon Phases coming early until the last days. This has been the case during most of the past year, one of the strongest indications outside of an erratic Moon orbit that something is terribly amiss.

^^^^^ www.zetatalk.com...

Slowing Rotation
www.zetatalk.com...
^^^^This link talks about how the Navy is controlling the clocks and also the moon schedule so that it looks like the moon is on time.

MOON ORBIT IS WRONG! RISES FLAT @ 120 DEGREES & 52 MN
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

THE MOON WILL ALTER HER ORDER (LATE AGAIN!)

IN RESPONSE TO THE MOON BEING WHERE IT BELONGS

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
zeta talk????

You really are an idiot, then.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would suggest that those involved in this discussion, read and understand this:
ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

Thank you.
Any questions, please feel free to ask, but make sure you read the above link beforehand.

seekerof

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
www.zetatalk.com...

^^ Planet X

Although I beleive Zeta Talk was made for disinformation I DO know that there is truth within the lies and lies within the truths.

That is what disinfo agents commonly do. When enough truth has been exposed they will create an article/book/website exposing that same truth but with a fictional twist.

I know which ones are lies, and which ones are truth.

It is up to you to figure out which ones are truth and which ones aren't. I provide the links and you decide what is true about them and what is not.

Personally I wouldn't trust any aliens any more than I would trust myself, and that's to say that I don't think any of the info on the zetatalk website is true.

Use your inner logic.

Howard Roak:

You conclusion of me being an "idiot" is based on what? Judgement? Perceptions? Your social conditioning?

Pleeeeze! That's all mind made gibberish, thus your conclusion is DEBUNKED!

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
QS-did you even read your own link?

When IRAS scientists first saw the mystery body and calculated that it could be as close as 50 billion miles, there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth. "It's not incoming mail," Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can."

It states that they do not know what it is, or how far away.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Did you even read the DATE?

This was in 1983 when it was first discovered by the government!

Also take into consideration that this is coming from the MASS MEDIA, so of course they wouldn't release all of the data that they have discovered. I wonder why this heavenly body has never been mentioned again by the mass media...

jra

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
And the other thing is, of course the government would be able to cover it up. When it has world wide implications you don't need only one government to do the coverup. Who controls all the telescopes that are needed to view such a thing?? Guess who.

So you're saying all the Governments of the world control all the telescopes? I very highly doubt that. They might have some control over the big observatories, but there's no way in hell they'd have control over amature astronomers and there telescopes. It would be impossible to do.

Face it. No one can hide information about the moons orbit and what not, when it's there for all to see.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
QS- Yes I did see the date. You seem to accept part of what they are saying "they found something" but not when they say it could be a far off object. I do not see how an object coming into the solar system is only going to affect the Earth since that is what some of your links are saying. The program I use is not from the Naval Observatory, there are many progams that you can use to find what the sky should look like from your specific location. I'm at sea level, I live on the coast, from what I can SEE the Sun is setting at the correct time and place, along with the Moon and Tides. I'm just saying this is what I SEE.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
No, there's nothing wrong with the moon.

It's right where it should be -- typically, if you don't watch the moon on a regular basis (if you're not an astronomer/sky watching hobbiest or outdoors person, etc) then you aren't aware of how it moves through the sky. Atmospheric conditions and season changes (the change in the tilt of the earth's axis) can make it appear to be in an unusual location.

If there had been ANYTHING amiss with the moon, we would have had tidal changes that would be so noticeable that shipping would have to change and that boating would be hazardous -- people everywhere would be affected.

Nothing's wrong with the moon. EVERYONE would know.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Quiet Storm, do you agree that zeta talk is based on the ranting of a madwoman? If so, then why would you quote it as one of your sources?

Your perception of the world is skewed and you see everything that doesn't fit into your preconceived viewpoint as "disinfo."

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Actually no I don't agree with you.

She isn't a "madwoman" just highly misguided. I think she is really being contacted by Zeta Reticuli (aliens) but she puts her trust more in them than she does herself.

Also I think the whole ZetaTalk thing is part of a whole disinformation program. The Zetas are giving Nancy a version of the truth which contains some fiction in an attempt to wrongly inform the masses. The truth is, the Zeta's won't know exactly HOW this Planet X will show up, but they are attempting to spread what they WANT us to think will happen VIA Nancy, and her website, so that the human collective consciousness can bring about these changes for themselves via manifestation aka creation, and thus keep us headed towards more "bondage" that we already have been in.

THANKFULLY, people got the gist that most of what she was saying is "crazy".

The truth is, Planet X is real, as for how it will happen, when it will happen, and what to do when it will happen, and which aliens should you trust or not, is NOT up to the Zeta Reticuli! It is up to our own SPIRIT!

As for you saying "Your perception of the world is skewed and you see everything that doesn't fit into your preconceived viewpoint as "disinfo."

Well I have to say this. YOU do NOT have the authority to tell me how I perceive the world around me. The truth is, it is not even CLOSE to your preconceived viewpoint of my viewpoint.

Also, my intuition tells me what is disinfo, not you, and not the preconceived viewpoint you had of me.

I know what is disinfo and I know what is not. I also can tell whether one is being controlled to stop the spreading of truth, and also can tell whether one is a disinfo agent is or not. Just be aware of that.

It is not wise to underestimate intuition, ESPECIALLY Spirit.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
EDIT:

As for your question about WHY I point to her as a source well, because I can't deny that she is right about a lot of things, but I trust the right people can trust in themselves (intuition) to recognize what is truth and what is not.

I give sources and info, the people decide.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm
That is not to say that at the time of the discovery they could not determine whether it was coming our way or not, but the fact that it was never mentioned again (EVER) I think would suggest that they have also discovered shortly after that the celestial body was heading our way.

Couldn't another reason for never hearing about it be that it is a galaxy, and since it's not Planet X there would be no need to say anything else.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

As for your question about WHY I point to her as a source well, because I can't deny that she is right about a lot of things, but I trust the right people can trust in themselves (intuition) to recognize what is truth and what is not.

Just a quick question. We are talking about science, correct? Science is about a hypothesis, experimentation, observation and measurement. That being the case, where does "trust in themselves (intuition) to recognize what is truth and what is not." Last time I checked, intuition wasn't able to confirm something as fact.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ummm.... no.

Was your reply supposed to make sense?

I think they would say whether it was a galaxy or not. It would be WAY to small to be a galaxy, considering its a bit bigger than our sun.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense

Just a quick question. We are talking about science, correct? Science is about a hypothesis, experimentation, observation and measurement. That being the case, where does "trust in themselves (intuition) to recognize what is truth and what is not." Last time I checked, intuition wasn't able to confirm something as fact.

Man, you sure do have a clever way of "debunking" things and making others sound crazy. The question is why? Are you skilled at making people crazy? I think I might want to contact the government because you would make a great disinformation agent, if you aren't already.

But science has nothing to do with whether you feel something is true or not dodo head. Yes science comes into play, and yes, but whether what they say is going to happen or not, is what I am trying to point at.

Obviously they are throwing around "facts" about what is and what is not going to happen in the future, and obviously the future is unknown in Now moments. It is up to one's intuition to discern what they want to beleive will happen in the future, and not the other way around. It is not up to the Zetas to choose what others should or should not beleive.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Actually, the Zetas are about as poor a source as you can find on the web. If you follow their site (I did for a number of years), you'll find them editing information to match the facts -- and their science doesn't add up.

Sadly, in terms of "cosmic truth and science accuracy" you'd do better to follow Marvin the Martian of the Loony Tunes cartoons than you would Nancy. The "advanced knowledge" of the Zetans is only Nancy's imagination. They make extremely simple mistakes in fact and science (they seemed to be unaware just how hot and how dense a brown dwarf is and how much of a gravity well it has.)

Do a little research. It's very easily overturned. For details and all the math, hang out over at www.badastronomy.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join