It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Moon been acting strange recently?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I do a lot of night shift work as a Security Officer in a 24/7 shopping mall here in the UK. I was patrrolling the top deck of a large car park which overlooks the buildings and trees off into the distance. I can see the aircraft taking off from heathrow airport as well as small privatly run airports too.

Anyway ive seen some wierd stuff on night shift but to keep in topic with this thread one clear night about 2 weeks ago i noticed the moon was exceptionally large and bright and about 1/3rd of the way into the sky. Well above the horizon line, the moon was HUGE, a good 1/5 th sized bigger than i'd ever seen it before and it had a noticable pink tinge to its surface. It was as i said well above the horizon line so the odd magnifying effect of the horizon line wouldnt affect the moons image. I also noticed that the moon was canted off at a odd angle i never noticed before, i could tell because it was a half moon. It was really wierd bent right over almost 30 degrees from straight up id say at a guess. Thats id say between the 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock postition.

Spooky sight ive nevere seen the moon like that before. Has anyone else seen the Moon acting 'odd' over the past 4-6 weeks?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well im in Northolt - not far from you - cant say ive seen anything abnormal - aside from the traffic in and out of the airport here

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Some weeks ago on an evening I noticed that the sun was bigger. It was just above the horizon. My guess is that it is some sort of atmospherical phenomenon that makes it enlarge VISUALLY. Like some sort of natural lens. I came to think about this when you mentioned your moon sighting.

Well that's just my wild guess.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This thread sounds way to familiar! Is this energy_wave under a new user ID? The fact is, the moon is doing just fine! This stuff has taken up way too much bandwidth on ATS and quite frankly - IS POINTLESS!!! I guess that's why other threads have been sent to the "TRASH CAN". Please people, just because it may be somewhat, hardly or even remotely possible doesn't come close to "beyond a reasonable doubt". Would you believe me if I said the sun was nothing more than a bright spotlight. And get this! inside of it are the greys and reptilions! Yes, it's true. Once they find the switch they're going to turn the light off (so they don't get burned by the hot bulb) and invade earth! Then, we're all DOOMED, DOOMED,DOOMED.

Well, it's kind of late. I think I'll call it a night now. Sleep well all my fellow conspiracy buffs!
CS

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I guess the moon threads will never stop no matter how much I check and report in or how much info to check for yourself i give.

Nothing is wrong with the moon or sun. (Yes the sun is in a ramping up sun spot cycle, no its nothing new or bad)

If there was the entire world would know in a matter of hours and within days the signs would be every where as the planet goes through drastic changes.

On the subject of the moon...please post ACTUAL DATA otherwise we'll let you know if something is up, no need to check in daily.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wow commonsense, what's your problem? All he posted was an observation of his. He didn't even say anything about what he thought the abnormality was caused by. Did he say the moon WASN'T doing fine??? I think you need to chill out buddy. You're reading into things that aren't in his post. Makes me wonder what caused you to post such a strong backlash.

Anyways, I've noticed that the night sky and the way stars and any light appear seem to be different. I'm here in Iowa. I guess it's in the coloring of everything. As far as the sky at day...I can't really say, because every day here for the past several days, it's always overcast. It's only been clear at times at night. But something seems to have changed. It could always be my imagination, but now because you have said something rustiswordz, and you live in a completely different area, my observations have more validity.

A potential cause of this could be this: I hear that our solar system is passing through a cloud of dust and debris. I think it's more of a black color of dust, so that unless you have a telescope that uses radio waves, the black dust won't be seen by you optically because obvioiusly, it's up against the blackness of space. So if we are going through a dust cloud, then that could account for the alterations in colors in the sky, and also could somehow magnify the appearance of other space bodies like the sun and moon.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's just very sad. We will never be taken as being serious with the half baked posts being witnessed today. Quite frankly, until ATS got mentioned a few weeks ago, it was much better. I used to just read, but now I have to comment. the problem is there is just way too much crap from the "tweens" making it online!!

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by AlterEgo]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
This thread sounds way to familiar! Is this energy_wave under a new user ID? The fact is, the moon is doing just fine! This stuff has taken up way too much bandwidth on ATS and quite frankly - IS POINTLESS!!! I guess that's why other threads have been sent to the "TRASH CAN". Please people, just because it may be somewhat, hardly or even remotely possible doesn't come close to "beyond a reasonable doubt". Would you believe me if I said the sun was nothing more than a bright spotlight. And get this! inside of it are the greys and reptilions! Yes, it's true. Once they find the switch they're going to turn the light off (so they don't get burned by the hot bulb) and invade earth! Then, we're all DOOMED, DOOMED,DOOMED.

Well, it's kind of late. I think I'll call it a night now. Sleep well all my fellow conspiracy buffs!
CS

@ Common sence: Hey ive only been on these forums for less than 24 hours and im just reporting HONESTLY what ive seen. Its up to you to make up your own minds, now take those knives out of my back if you please.

@ quest: the only astronomical data i have is the two organic globes mounted in the front of my skull.

@ everyone: if people attack me or get abusive towards me in future for no reason i will report them to the admins after i have made soup out of their entrails. CLEAR.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by rustiswordz]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Members are asked to do a search on the topic before posting a new thread. At times the mods will lock a thread if it's going nowhere or if the discussion belongs under another existing thread. There's been a number of thread on this recently. One was locked by the mods and then the same member opened another one. That's a good way to get banned. Anyone that wants to discuss this is asked to bring actual data to the thread; times, longitude, latitude, etc. ATS tries to discuss the real issues. Welcome to ATS

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Members are asked to do a search on the topic before posting a new thread. At times the mods will lock a thread if it's going nowhere or if the discussion belongs under another existing thread. There's been a number of thread on this recently. One was locked by the mods and then the same member opened another one. That's a good way to get banned. Anyone that wants to discuss this is asked to bring actual data to the thread; times, longitude, latitude, etc. ATS tries to discuss the real issues. Welcome to ATS

Oh i bow to your greatness oh exalted one, the light of revalation that eminates from every pore of your essence lightens up my entire life from here to eternity oh knowlegableone of all knowing....

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Notice how CommonSense comes out of the woodwork to debunk this topic? Could our goverments be putting disinfo agents onto these message boards to try to stop the spread of this kind of information?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yup ther is always one Energy, people debunk people like us but id rather be like i am than someone filled with so much negativity about the unknown. My bro-in-law is a genetisist, and hes such a humourless dour faced cretin. i could never be like that not for all the science in the world.

Did you know that Einstein said science is less important than imagination.
The greatest scientist know ever and his imagination and wit far outstripped his scientific knowlege.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Although I don't believe the moon has changed position, I personally am open to the idea that something is different in our atmosphere, cause I have noticed the moon does seem a little different from my perspective, although, I cant pin it down, the color has been more yellowish/almost tinted orange lately IMO.
Could be from forest fires or polution etc...

I havnt taken a good hard look, but have at times walked outside and just noticed it is odd. Not a lot of polution where I live in Minnesota. Could just be some is finally getting this far north.

Dunno

Will pay closer attention

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Could our goverments be putting disinfo agents onto these message boards to try to stop the spread of this kind of information?

OMG, you've figured it out! The truth is it's not going to be an asteroid impact. You got it. It's really going to the moon hitting us just east of Miami. But please keep it a secret or I'm in real trouble!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hmmm, Note to self, Watch out for the moon over Miami
Good One CS!
Still LMAO.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Could our goverments be putting disinfo agents onto these message boards to try to stop the spread of this kind of information?

OMG, you've figured it out! The truth is it's not going to be an asteroid impact. You got it. It's really going to the moon hitting us just east of Miami. But please keep it a secret or I'm in real trouble!

Well thats the good thing about us doomsayers.

we only have to be right. ONCE! LIYF thats Laugh in your face.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just the other I was looking at my big toe on my right foot and I noticed it was bigger then normal. I mean it was HUGE compared to my other toes, so I started to look at other ppls big toes and they were almost all bigger then the others (toe's). What is this all about?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Gangerine, perhaps. Go to a quack and get it looked at.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Please people, just because it may be somewhat, hardly or even remotely possible doesn't come close to "beyond a reasonable doubt".
CS

Just because it is somewhat, hardly or even remotely possible doesn't mean it could or it couldn't happen. It just means that it is somewhat, hardly or even remotely possible!

lol??

So what is your point?

I have my own beleifs and I don't need any suggested to me.

I have been reading lots of text in the internet about the moon being off schedule.

Personally I've never payed attention to the moon to really say if the moon really is off "course" or not.

But the things I've been reading sure sounds legit, I don't know what to say but go to the www.surfingtheapocalypse.com and www.rumormillnews.com message boards and find all the posts I have read that talk about these occurences happening, and as it progresses every nite.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Commonsense and everyone else.

nearly everytime l read new thread on ATS that someone has put a link there are people disproving it because they read it somewhere on the net and for that reason it gets debunked.If this rule was used constatntly there would be no new discussion as we have pretty much covered every subject.Just cos it on the net dot mean it possible or crediable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join