It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any of you in recent times felt like you are being communicated to in dreams?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Okay guys, last weird question for a while, I promise.

In recent months, I have had some REALLY strange stuff going on. I am definitely going through some radical changes in my consciousness, my sensitivity, and an overall change in the way I look at the very nature of what I once thought was "reality".

That being said, I have noticed yet another strange occurance in recent months. It appears that some form of intelligence or sentience is communicating with me in my sleeping state. Now I know what you're thinking..."It's your sub-conscious mind communicating in the R.E.M. stage"...I would have thought this too, except for the fact of WHAT is being communicated, and for the fact that many times when these communications are taking place, I am either just beginning to drift off, or am waking up after a nights sleep.

In one particular incidence a few weeks ago, I had started to wake up, and even rolled over, and was in that sort of 'half-awake' state, and I very distinctly could hear a voice inferring something in my head about "BINARY ENCODING".These two words I heard VERY clear...I have absolutely no idea where this came from, but the sense that I got was that it was speaking to me about something to do with my DNA, and it possibly undergoing some sort of work.

I have also had that intuitive feel on several occasions recently of some sort of back and forth taking place between myself (and this COULD be subconscious) and someone or something else in a detailed conversation, not usual jibberish that takes place in a dream.

I have kept a dream journal for several years and am fairly diligent in recording my dreams and symbology in them, but this appears to be something different than anything I have previously encountered in the dream state.

Have any of you had similar experiences?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The closest thing I had to a weird phenomenon is drifting or diving down into my conscious.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have been having very strange dreams in the last four weeks. I'm having dreams about people I do not know. And when I am half asleep, my name is whispered in my earwhile my ear is in the pillow. It just repeats my name, and I get startled out of my sleep and I freak out. I'm just confused right now. I have these dreams of people I have no clue who they are, and dreams of things that are told to me, but then I don't remember what I am told when I wake up. I am not a psychic, medium, or anything. I'm just a normal person that all the sudden is having weird screwed up dreams...can anyone explain?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i've been waking up feeling like i should have remembered something.

like i was told something...but i don't remember...but i really should.

this always happens nights that i wake up more then once in the night (waking once or twice is normal for me)

i just take it all in stride...when i am meant to remember, i will.

but it is nice to know that others have been experiencing stuff along the same lines.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hey DD,

Yes I know what your talking about. Some times I feel like I am two different people depending on whether I'm asleep or awake.

Some times when I wake up I tell who ever I was talking to in my sleep that it's time for me to go. What I talk about in my sleep I never remember nor who or what I'm talking to.

The best example of some one talking to me in my sleep happened a few month ago. I was dreaming of a story being narrated to me by a very soothed voiced orator. I woke up from the dream because the voice was just to real. When I woke up I was paralyzed in bed and had a strange sound inside my head. The sound was very loud and it traveled from one side of my head to the other. It felt like the noise was entering one ear and going out the other.

The noise sounded like a laser ping repeating over and over. I could only move my eyes and could not see anyone in my room with me. At this moment I thought to myself that if I some how happened to see a being there with me my life, my reality would be forever altered and gone.

I closed my eyes from the fear of that thought. The noise ended and the paralysis stopped. I have had sleep paralysis since I can remember and never have i heard a sound like that during an episode.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Yes! This is another common aspect to this for me. I know that information is being exchanged on some level and I get the sense that it is very important, and yet as I am fully coming to it is like it is being pulled away from the grip of recall into conscious awakening! It's kind of frustrating. haha

Capgirl-It sounds like you are awakening and becoming highly sensitive in the process. If you can, in the future, when you hear the voice say your name, try to remain calm and ask in your head, or softly vocally, "Yes? who are you?" It could very well be a spirit guide trying to communicate with you.

Grandkitaro-I have experienced that as well. It was like some aspect of me collapsed inward into itself.

Izarith-That is pretty freaky. Sleep paralysis on its own is unnerving enough, but the sound and voice speaking would be intense.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

I'd say just don't worry about it. Try to enjoy the weird stuff that happens in sleepy time.

I meet strangers in my dreams all the time, I also die a lot in my dreams. One time I got killed in my dream, I was attacked by a bunch of dudes and killed. I was a Vietnam veteran hooked on opium strait from the bottle. I lived in some third world country and there were many other Vets there.

The moment I got killed in the dream I was suddenly standing on the side of some road a car pulled up, the driver was a very old man I knew in the dream. The old man told me it was time to go home and the car started flying into space lol.

Maybe it was a past life who knows, still it was a cool dream.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't need dreams. I feel communication all the time.

An energy wave is cycling back in. Good time to pay attention.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I don't need dreams. I feel communication all the time.

An energy wave is cycling back in. Good time to pay attention.

What do you mean by this, could you explain with a little bit more detail?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Grandkitaro-I have experienced that as well. It was like some aspect of me collapsed inward into itself.

I too have been through this in one dream. Right before it happened I was revealed a secret that mad me understand that everything in life was going to be ok. I remember begging who ever showed me this secret to let me remember. They told me that the best the could do is let me remember that I had been reviled a secret that made everything ok but what ever it was I would not remember. (How screwed up is that lol)

Right after they told me this i was pushed into the ocean of consciousness. I felt like part of the ocean but still as my individual droplet self.

Izarith-That is pretty freaky. Sleep paralysis on its own is unnerving enough, but the sound and voice speaking would be intense.

Well like i said I have had sleep paralysis all my life I'm very used to it now. But every once in a while I have a very strange or different episode.

I have seen dark silhouette standing over me, as a kid Sonic the hedgehog and Mario from Mario brother would pay me paralysis visits.

Each sleep paralysis episode almost feels like it has it's own personality. Some are strong, some week, some dark, some nice, some will make you feel like a worm, others lay you gently back in bed after a nice joy ride.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
YES!

i've been having episodes where my name gets repeated, i wake up and can't move (no it's not sleep paralysis btw), feeling like something drops me from the sky before i wake up, and, when i don't remember my dreams, feeling like something sentient was teaching me something scientifically important that would advance humanity.

thank the gods i'm not alone.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
They told me that the best the could do is let me remember that I had been reviled a secret that made everything ok but what ever it was I would not remember. (How screwed up is that lol)

I see the beings logic. it let you remember you were told it, like it said, but it never said you would remembe what it was.

Also, has anyone noticed that while your having a dream, you only seem to experience what you remember when you wake up, and that there seems to be gaps while you have it?
what up with that??

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I feel that I am being "tested" in my dreams. Levitation / flying, telekinesis, energy blasts.... I generally look forward to such dreams as I seem to get better at them the more they happen.

Started with the "flying" or "barely controlled levitation" about 25-30 years ago. I would "fall" allot or was "swept away" into the wind and would fall to earth back then (these were terror dreams, trust me, and that went on for YEARS) . As time passed I could control it (over years and lots of continued terror failures) and even "do" it in a car when I got good at it. As soon as I got good at it I didn't have them often (almost never) but then came the "fight or flight" dreams / nightmares... snakes, rabid animals, shadow creatures... a few times I punched the nightstand, once I cut my knuckle open on a lamp. After a while, I could project energy at them... once that happened a couple of times and would wake up chuckling at the scream noises of the shadow-beasts those dreams stopped abruptly. Then the "telekinesis" ... stared slow and after a while I could do it flawlessly... then of course that stopped. That was so damned real I have tried it numerous times while awake (and drunk) because well.. It was so real! Now I have "home invasion / mugging" nightmares with humans and I don't know what that is all about yet. Last night I "launched" a metal face covered human at another human target and there was some old guy there laughing with me (I guess I thought it was funny but I don't remember the "before" part of it.)

Dreams are strange but I lust for the "flying & telekinesis" dreams now.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I wish I could even put into words what is transpiring in my lucid dream state/meditation.

Words will not work or explain.

I am not being arrogant, I just can't explain it or even come close. I don't know if it is good or bad, but something is happening for sure.

It's different than all the past years of lucid dreaming and meditation, in fact I have even woke with ringing or some call it tinnitus in my left ear.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I wish I could even put into words what is transpiring in my lucid dream state/meditation.

Words will not work or explain.

I am not being arrogant, I just can't explain it or even come close. I don't know if it is good or bad, but something is happening for sure.

It's different than all the past years of lucid dreaming and meditation, in fact I have even woke with ringing or some call it tinnitus in my left ear.

This tinnitus... I am quite familiar with that though it usually only last 10 or so seconds at a time and not only when I wake up. I have had that since I was a child off and on.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I've died in many of my dreams too. I have alot of dreams about nuclear bombs going off and I feel the aftershock. It is hot and I feel my skin melting off my body and I can't breath. Then I wake up. I can't even count how many of those dreams I've had. But I also have sleep paralysis too.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sounds crazy this, but since I was a teen i've had a few dreams of being sat up in bed in the dark with the moon shining through my window on me, and i'm wearing a silver chain round my neck, talking to a woman I cannot see, called moon?

Seriously, its happened quite a few times in, say, 9 years, but not for a while.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
recently, a lot of my dreams are coming true. i am now afraid of having dreams. i can sit here and tell you about it but somebody will ask for link to prove it. or someone who think they are smart will quote the words of a dead man from 200 years ago and claim them to be facts. i know we're talking about dreams but i know of a idiot who will bring up black hole and faster than light traveling. he will then quote the word of someone and claim he is godlike on ATS.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Well now that we are warned, please fell free to share your dream if you want.

Don't let people like that get to you.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join