It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent Law of attraction results July-Dec 09

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Superb OP, S+F for an outstanding and enlightening post, Superb

Someone mentiond the " Secret "?. If used properly it can be rewarding, though unfortunatly thats not the way its presented, it appears primarly based on money and greed....IMO

Thanks again OP,

Be safe and be well.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I recently attended a conference on Conscious Discipline, which is a program designed to help you think about your reactions to situations. It's mainly psychology-based, for those interested, and targeted towards those who work with children.

One thing the presenter mentioned was that "like attracts like." Therefore, happy people will attract happy people, and sad people will attract sad people. I was pretty skeptical, but decided to put it to the test.

I've struggled with depression since my teenage years, seen a plethora of shrinks, and tried about every form of medication on the earth to help....and nothing works. But after this conference in July, I made a conscious effort to be "happier." I made myself smile, made myself think and say positive things, etc. It wasn't easy, especially at first, but eventually it did start to feel more natural.

And it appears to work! I've noticed the people around me are much happier now....and good things do seem to come my way more often. Perhaps its simply that I have a better attitude and outlook now, so my perception of life is better....or perhaps there's something "mystical" involved. Whatever, its certainly helped me!

Thich Nhat Hanh said it best:
Sometimes your joy can be the source of a smile, but sometimes a smile can be the source of your joy. ---

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
S & F for you friend.

I, like you deal with the same demons, my thoughts are quick to go negative and I find myself in a daily struggle with this same phenomenon. I try to wake up each morning and think about what I am grateful for and then let my positive thoughts move from that point for the day.
In your post you talk about really trying not to worry. Do you have any tips for this, or just any tips in general. I work so very hard on improving my mind to be positive and it seems I just run in circles for the most part.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakurpepl
i noticed something good happened on 11-11.............hmmmm.
That is great for you.

now thats a funny thing... I took bigger noticed this morning when once again this week I looked at the digital clock in my house when it was 11:11 ...that is now the 4th time this week and I am not a clock watcher if you know what I mean
anyway the reason I am writing is because of your 11:11 remark

wakurpepl....what do you mean ???

also when I see a lot of coincidences happening around me
I have learned to sit up and pay attention
that is to many 11:11..for me not to ask

l

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep

Originally posted by wakurpepl
i noticed something good happened on 11-11.............hmmmm.
That is great for you.

now thats a funny thing... I took bigger noticed this morning when once again this week I looked at the digital clock in my house when it was 11:11 ...that is now the 4th time this week and I am not a clock watcher if you know what I mean
anyway the reason I am writing is because of your 11:11 remark

wakurpepl....what do you mean ???

also when I see a lot of coincidences happening around me
I have learned to sit up and pay attention
that is to many 11:11..for me not to ask

l

Ya, the November 11 thing running into this girl sure was bizarre. We made an instant connection went for drinks, have coffee dates, walks on the beach. Plus the fact that she is connected to me from my home city and was in a relationship with my brother and saw her on the same date my other brother died. To many variables to be considered a coincidence. She is going through troubled times right now and I feel the need to share any positive things that happen to me with her.

I too would see 11:11 many times leading up to this but who would have made the connection?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
reply to post by FlySolo

The last few girls I've been with have really just ended up screwing with me, which is never how it used to be. I guess for all the girls I screwed over, I'm getting the same treatment back (but I was young when all of that happened, nowadays I know how to treat a women right).

As per the laws of attraction, you must have feelings of guilt and subconsciously be thinking about the karma factor... thereby attracting girls who just want to pump & dump you.

I don't really know that I'm just wondering. By the way, please U2U me about your progress on our project!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
I think everything that happened to you was just coincidence, the only thing that changed was your mindset. By changing mindset THE ENTIRE WORLD CHANGES!! By acknowledging people and having a positive outlook ( smiling at people who make eye contact with you etc etc) means that you will get the same in return. And the apartment is just a coincidence also, it has been there for a very long time and you just happened to stumble upon it on that particular moment in time when on this mindset. And finding a new job, you could work for a better company any time you want to as long as you have the experience and you bring confidence and professionalism to the interviews (again, a mindset thing).

[edit on 4-12-2009 by fordrew]

I expected someone to poo poo on my day and luck but that's fine. Just to let you know, the building I found had a sign on the door in the past that said "NO PETS" I went there before all this. Call it coincidence, call it luck. Its ok.

Further to my job. I received the call for an interview the same day I got fired but I wasn't home. I was being proactive to get the resumes out because I know it takes a long time to get a response, if any. Don't forget, we are going through a recession.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MordanECU
S & F for you friend.

I, like you deal with the same demons, my thoughts are quick to go negative and I find myself in a daily struggle with this same phenomenon. I try to wake up each morning and think about what I am grateful for and then let my positive thoughts move from that point for the day.
In your post you talk about really trying not to worry. Do you have any tips for this, or just any tips in general. I work so very hard on improving my mind to be positive and it seems I just run in circles for the most part.

Hey Mordan,

I think in order to have the ability not to worry depends on the person. Basically, I just don't care. Seems odd, but I don't care. Ironically that seems like a negative trait but I have the ability to detach myself from certain things. Look at it this way, if the universe is guiding you then it is out of your hands. Of course we all need to be proactive and help ourselves to some point but ultimately things are not always in our control. I have another example:

I was pulling money out of the bank machine and it spit out nothing! I was reaching my hand up trying to move the roller with my fingers trying in vain to grasp the edge of the paper money and pull it out. I barely get my finger tip on it from such an bad angle. Well, I gave up and decided to write it off and just go to another bank machine.

The moment I decided I didn't care anymore and turned to walk away, I heard a whirring sound and there came my money! this about 2 minutes or so after the transaction and me struggling like a fool to get it out. Lucky for me, I was with my two friends who witnessed this.

I believe there is something to this. Don't care about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You got a sallary increase of 4000$ ?

Be ashamed! That 4000 dollars is 4 persons salllary in the normal world.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Without (hopefully) sounding like a new-age weirdo or a cult-member, my friends and I have had similar experiences with this stuff as well and I am happy to hear from someone else that feels the same way. I used to be an angry s.o.b. too...but this stuff really works (most of the time), so I'm a lot more chill now. In my opinion, this stuff isn't magic or mystical or anything like that...it's simply the idea that our actions and perspectives change the way that we view and react to our situations, and as a result, we can either have a positive or negative effect on the people and things around us. Sorta like the old 'is the glass half-empty or half-full' premise.

If more people learned this stuff and started taking responsibility for their own situations, instead of believing that some bearded-dude in the sky controls everything, has 'chosen people', and punishes others for 'sins', etc...the world would be a lot less screwed up than it is and humans can finally do more of what we were meant to do...party!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Great Thread! I especially loved the part where you acknowledged the homeless man.

I have been working with the Law of Attraction for some time now and I am beginning to understand how it truly works.

"The Secret" states that the Universe is like a catalog and as long as you think positive you will eventually receive what you want. AKA Wishful Thinking.

However, this is far from the truth. You can't just want/need/wish for something really bad in hopes of attracting it.

Based on experience, I know that it only "works" if you focus on others more than yourself. Don't you think the universe was telling you something when you helped out the homeless man?

Have you ever heard the saying. "Give and ye shall receive?" or "What Goes Around Comes Around?"

Look up, The Law of One

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The worry really does screw up the energy flow.

Cheers good sir thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I must recommend some fairly esoteric material, if you guys have not heard of him before he is called Bashar. He is a channeled ET that talks about this stuff and it has helped me get out of depression to loving life.

While listening to him the other night I saw two lights in the sky, which I'm fairly positive were not "ours".

Any ways his main points are:

Circumstances don't matter, State of Being does. (he made a comment on the matter part, as in materialization)

Always follow your highest passion and excitement

He also talks about 2010-2015 being a time, where 2012 is the threshold, of the worlds collective consciousness becoming slightly negative to slightly positive which will then have a snowball affect.

I highly recommend him to anyone interested in turning there lives around. At first I was skeptical but I really feel this is working for me and that he really is a channeled being, who is extremely funny.

So please Google or Youtube Bashar if you think you might be interested, he has helped me so much!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

I don't really "mean" anything other than maybe it's a sign of synchronicity beginning to develop for FlySolo. I like many loved the Secret when I first saw it and it helped to open my eyes and my heart but each subsequent thru it I realized (to me anyways) it is rather shallow and focuses too much on money.
But the law of attraction works in my life and as I become more in tune with myself as I progress away from my selfishness more and more great things happen for me, I see more and more of interesting number combinations. 11:11 and 11-11 are the ones I see most often though, by far. I get a kick out of people who say it doesn’t work. If you say and believe it doesn’t work and you sort of have a positive attitude but expect it not to work then when nothing “tangible” happens then is it not working then? You only get back what you send to the universe as the law states.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by wakurpepl]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
You got a sallary increase of 4000$ ?

Be ashamed! That 4000 dollars is 4 persons salllary in the normal world.

i don't know about FlySolo, but to me this makes no sense what so ever - Why ought he be ashamed of an increase in pay? I mean someone may as well get it, why not him? I do apologize if I'm not follwing your thought process, though.....

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

I wouldn't put too much further thought to his post. Being ashamed is admitting you have done something bad, which in return is a negative feeling. Being humble is something else.

There is nothing wrong with being happy about things. His comment reminds me of some dark religious rhetoric which doesn't allow one to be truly happy.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
you're getting a pay out becuase of personal differences... lame, although positive attitudes always work so keep up the good work, as for women... most of them are as desperate as the next person, a few well chosen words and that's it. I think a freind of mine said it best 'I have a lot of female attention, because I treat those skanky ho's with respect'. ahh what a guy

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My brothers wife see's 11:11 all the time, she is as passionate about it as the rest of you guys. Every time she looks at the clock (and she is also not a clock person) its 11:11.

I heard it was the binary code for the Earth, I dont have any evidence to support that though.

It would be strange to find out that its a mass mind experiment to attempt to synchronize a majority or certain kind of DNA or genetic gene to react to the specific time of 11:11. Like a Black Project Operation, like MK-Ultra. That's just a theory, no evidence to support it either.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by the_denv

1111 is decimal 15, hexidecimal F, F15 maybe? eitherway don't sound good.. smells of napalm!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have been using the LOA since 2006 and have got all of what I have remained focused on. Interestingly, I have sometimes got what I wanted due to what were (at the time) some very unpleasant and disruptive life events. I guess I can see how that is necessary. If one stays in the same mindset then nothing will change. Sometimes we need a major disruption to our lives to change our outlook; then we can seize the opportunities thus presented to us..I think the universe is metaphysically like an infinitely complex conscious Rubik's cube in that a force (a thought we create) creates a "movement" of one of the pieces of existence that must then be filled by another piece, and so on. There are no empty spaces in the universe. So an action in one spot creates a movement that will be transmitted to wherever you direct it, eventually. So, all the gears turn and turn and the piece of existence we want is suddenly next to us, though when we started the process it seemed very far apart. The key is to keep focused, keep visualizing the goal, and be open to new experiences that are the universe's way of bringing us closer to that distant objective. God or the universal consciousness is everywhere and communicates with us through experiences and other sentient beings. Speak to new people, do new things, learn new stuff, and you get a new life. With this method I went from being tortured at work and dreaming of my own business to being fired for no cause, then getting a big insurance settlement, then finally starting my own business which is what I wished for at the beginning. I went from being involved with a criminal con artist who I thought was a lover to being nearly killed by the same person, drank too much, ending up in an AA hall where I met my current partner who is the perfect one for me. I have all the money I need, perfect health, have found the secret of staying young nearly indefinitely, look and feel 10 years younger than my age, am free of drugs and alcohol and all my old vices, and I have spiritual enlightenment and communication with the universal consciousness, which is the greatest gift of all. As the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for, you might get it.." But how you get it is another story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join