It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of Climatology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How pathetic. Anyone with half a normal brain cell can recognise the tactics of desperation. The anti GW movement are getting exceptionally desperate now. Jesus (!) they are now trying to label GW as a religion. Oh and the emails which DO NOT ANYWHERE IN ANY SENTENCE state that data has been manipulated.

Desperate, desperate desperate. So dear reader are you ready to be conned by the desperate? So sad really given the following FACT:

Even if man made global warming was not happening all actions taken to mitigate it would result in cleaner healthier environment for us all at an extra cost to goods and services of no more than 5% except air flights.

No brainer!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Here to debate or Al Gore your argument.

You know, no debate, it's already decided.

Oh, wait, you do not want to discuss the OP, you just want to Al Gore the argument.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Even if man made global warming was not happening all actions taken to mitigate it would result in cleaner healthier environment for us all at an extra cost to goods and services of no more than 5% except air flights.

The estimate you mention is based on the Obama Administration's numbers. The Heritage Foundation disagrees, to the tune of 7260% ($1300 per year average increase as opposed to $179). The truth is that no one knows exactly what type of increase an artificial cap on CO2 production would produce.

There are some interesting theories. I suggest you check out this link, It's admittedly a blog, but appears to be a well-presented one.

Obama has lied about everything else he has touched since he started his campaign. Based on that record, I simply don't trust him. I suggest you do not either.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

And to add to Redneck's numbers.

Let us see 5% carbon-which is actually about 12% add on to that a 8% increase for health care.

Okay so we have a 20% tax on what you make, not a 20% increase but 20% for just 2 of his moves so far.

I will not raise taxes on people making less than $250,000/year.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE TAXES

JEEEEEEEZ

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
When I read the OP I immedietly thought of Ian Plimer's very eloquent speech on this very issue. I think you'll too will see the parallels between fundamentalist religion and environmentalism (more spefically: climate change). It's a shame that this video has been uploaded about a year ago and yet still remains largely unseen.

edit: I'm not sure if I'm putting this link correctly in here... in case I'm not: the video is called "environmentalism is the new religion"

Edited the youtube link

[edit on 12/5/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

Actually, they do cancel. Two mirror-image ideologies always cancel out, such as republican and democrat. But your intuition is right about the hellish effects in the meantime. This is part of the game. The people being apparently too narcissistic and unwise to see the "other side." Everything in mentality is synthesized from two "opposites." Logic and emotion make spirit. Logic loving emotion creates an upward spiral. Logic hating emotion creates a downward spiral. Democrat and Republican hate each other. What do they create? A downward spiral. Men and women are at war in this country. What does that create, a downward spiral. Religion and atheism are at war. Another downward spiral. But at the bottom of a downward spiral, the two opposites meet, and they are forced to reconcile or face oblivion. This certainly does not mean that the two opposites are the same, but they do both have a common, core, antagonistic angle in regard to the other. The reconciliation creates a third concept. This country will not rebound without love. When domination and manipulation reconcile, there is love. Pure and simple. Figure it out , removing the IMAGE, or continue to run in circles, but at accelerating speeds approaching infinity..

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think the comparison with Roman Catholicism is apposite, but another would be the Church of Scientology founded by science fiction writer, L Ron Hubbard, and the Church of Climatology founded by science fiction writers, Al Gore and the IPCC.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dencar

Was L. Ron Hubbard the founder or was just his books used to start it?

Laughed when I read your science fiction writer analogy.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I also believe what Gamma MO said, that this generation is perfect for this new religion... I just graduated highschool, and we had Green Club, and Green Week.... And Recycling club.. Brand Name clothing that is "hip" and "Cool" had catchy slogans and pictures about Recycling and the enviroment. All of our teacher were believers of Global warming.. I too believed... I mean... I dont think its as big as people make it out to be.. like Within my lifetime..

But you cant deny some things.. I live in Maine.. Last year.. there was barely any snow... it rained all winter.. That is NOT maine weather. Usually we are 2ft covered with white powder by November 10-28th. Right now we have about 1 or 2 inches that just randomly happened to fall yesterday. This is not normal weather. I've lived here all my life.

But then again.. You never know. I dont know who to believe these days.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
whether you believe in global warming or not , this is just a giant smoke screen to make us forget about the real problem , and that is plain and simple

POLLUTION , the planet warms naturally , we may increase this , we may not ,

the thing is we are still carelessly destroying our planet to make money !

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WhereAreWe

How old are you? 40+ here and when I was in high school we had some of the worst winters in the last 60 years. At that time they were saying we were headed for a new Ice Age, now Global Warming. See my other threads and read up on some of the bull out there.

Thanks for stopping in.

reply to post by sapien82

Exactly, this has nothing to do with pollution. This is about tax and control on a Global scale.

Thanks for stopping in and leaving your viewpoint.

I also believe we need to stop the real pollution, but you know where that is going.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Alright ATS fans, Google Church of Climatology and this thread is #1!

All I have to say is SSSSWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join