It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of Climatology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

With this thread, I would like to show you the correlation of Religious Doctrine and the Global Warming Agenda.

Religion throughout history has been used to control and indoctrinate people by various means.

The CHURCH OF CLIMATOLOGY

I do not know who came up with this phrase, but Hastobemoretolife used it in a thread and I am breaking out the phrase. Thanks to Hastobemoretolife.

A member at ATS.com has a thread about Religion as social control, which I came across, while doing research that is pertinent to the discussion. Thanks to budski.

(1)Religion is Social Control.

A couple helpful and interesting links. Thanks to them for any of their help.

(2)The Church of Global Warming

(3)Cult help and mechanisms of religious mind control.

(4) ATS label all Global Warming threads as HOAX

Here is a simple breakdown of the organizational structure of a Church or Religion

1 God or Entity of worship

2 The Bible, Holy Book, or the Word

A) The Scripture
B) Talismans or Relics
C) The rules or laws

3 The Church or House of Worship

4 The Priesthood-I will be using the Roman Catholic Church in this, as an example. I am leaving a couple out for my purposes here.

A) Pope
B) Cardinals
C) Bishops
D) Priests
E) Practitioners or members
F) Non believers-heretics

Now what I find to be true and relevant to the discussion here, is how the CHURCH OF CLIMATOLOGY is structured just like a modern religion. Here is the breakdown of this structure.

1 God-Global Warming and TPTB behind the curtain!

2 The Bible-The scientific papers of Global Warming (what is interesting here, is that in the past, bibles were only for the Upper Echelons of the Church-see the correlations here?)

A) The Scripture-Global Warming is caused by evil humans
B) Talismans or Relics-Tree rings, ice cores, temperature readings data (these, as in the past, are kept in close proximity to the Church and are NEVER allowed to be examined by Heretics that would try to disparage the Church-The Church would rather DESTROY them than let them be examined-see the correlations here)
C) The rules or law-man is evil and we must stop them, penance must be given, worship of Mother Earth, these are being written as we speak-The Copenhagen Treaty [also known as the LAW of MMGW])

3 The Church or House of Worship-Numerous vehicles are being used for this, like the UN headquarters, among others.

4 The Priesthood

A) Pope-Al Gore the FATHER OF GLOBAL WARMING and THE CHURCH OF CLIMATOLOGY
B) Cardinals-Government officials and Media propagandists
C) Bishops-Leading scientists of the Church
D) Priests-Low level scientists and bastions (proclaimers of the Faith)
E) Members-Everyday individuals screaming their Faith
F) Heretics-Pretty much anyone that denies the new Religion, scientists, media members, politicians, and the rest of us

Now, just a couple of observations on the CHURCH of CLIMATOLOGY

1) This is a religion and probably set up this way on purpose. We could do some research and point to places like the CFR or other organizations that have set this up. Anyone that has been around long enough knows, that THEY tried to do this on the Global Cooling bull back in the 70’s and 80’s.
2) Anyone denying this is labeled denier, non-believer or heretic. NO DENYING THIS RELIGION.
3) Control and tax is THEIR bread and butter. Religions are not mainly for your soul, many are set up for your CONTROL.
4) NO DENYING OUR GOD-GLOBAL WARMING-where are the atheist out there, is this not raising some alarm bells for you?
5) Mind control is the certain and predictable product of THE FREQUENT REPETITION OF STRATEGIC IDEAS OVER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME - the same mechanism that results in HABIT, good or bad. see link(3)
6) When enough automatons are created, success becomes automatic (or in my saying-self fulfilling DOGMA). see link (3)

I would quote some of the threads on this site, but we all have seen it. I was accused of being a NON-BELIEVER in my thread, about Man Made Global Warming Hoax. If that does not raise the hackles of everyone, you are not aware.

What say you, about my Hypothesis on the
CHURCH OF CLIMATOLOGY

edit for gramma

[edit on 12/3/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm not "religous" myself, but I have noticed many of the rabid zealots for the new green cult are urban athiests. I think our society was ripe for a new "religion". This fits the bill on so many levels.

People need a sense of purpose. This cult tells them they're going to change the world. They are so powerful, they're even going to change the weather.

Any cult plays on human guilt. The way I see some people so alarmed about not recycling a pop can...the new form of flaggelation. We have been such sinners, we must make amends.

Then there is the atonement. Carbon taxes, carbon credits. Here in my area, the green movement has convinced the government that people WANT to pay quadruple for their electricity because the ridiculously expensive so-called "green energy" will save the earth. Meanwhile some very sleasy lobbyists have jacked up the price paid for solar energy 16 times what the going rate is. More flaggelation.

Any good cult uses a good old doomsday scenario. Works every time. I've seen 14 year old girls scared to death that the planet is going to die before they grow up. It's sickening what these green crusaders are doing to a whole generation.

Of course they demonize anyone who doesnt follow the doctrine, like all religions. Deniers, planet haters, selfish, gluttonous, evil people who will stop all the good they are trying to accomplish. I've even heard one guy on a forum say we should all be put in concentration camps and LEARN to respect the planet if we don't believe in global warming.

It may have started out with good intentions but the whole AGW movement has snowballed into a very dark, fundamentalist crusade. It is sad that people have clung onto this so much. It really is. Something is missing in our society when this sort of hysteria gains so much backing and people are so easily manipulated by propoganda.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Gamma MO]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
That is a good breakdown, I couldn't have done it better.

You really put it in a comprehensible manner too. It even opened my eyes up to some other correlations that I did not see. Good job S & F!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

Thanks for your response and I am glad I am not the only one seeing this.

As I had mentioned, we are heretics or non believers if we do not believe.

The atheists out there need to open their eyes and see they are falling for the VERY thing they deny with other organized religions.

THIS IS AN ORGANIZED RELIGION!

And just as with other fanatical religions, we must try to enlighten them to their own hypocrisy. Thanks again for your post and star.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Thanks Hastobemoretolife, your comment was the inspiration.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
An excellent analogy. Your points are well-founded and appear accurate, with the possible exception of Al Gore as Pope. Perhaps he would be more like a Bishop, with Hansen or even the IPCC as Pope.

On second thought, perhaps the IPCC could be seen as the counterpart to the Vatican?

Anyway, kudos to you for pointing this out. I have noticed it myself, but haven't had time to try and put it all together. Even if I had, I doubt I could have done better.

One final thought: does my recent thread, Lets finish this! Numbers do not lie. make me a counterpart to Copernicus?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well done.

Keep it up

S&F

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I got an email last night from a respected professional in biology. This doctor went on about climategate and how the whole thing was a hoax and how insane this all is. Then he ended the email with "Please don't forward this email to anyone and please keep our conversation confidential".

In other words, he's still afraid to come out publicly. He's afraid of the backlash of the crusaders. He's afraid for his job.

This is just like the communism hysteria in the 50s. The government and the media got the public worked up into such a frenzy. It started getting insane but people were afraid to speak out. Most knew it was propoganda and just playing on fear but they put their heads down and just hoped it wouldn't touch their lives.

Sound familiar?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How about "The Church of the Other Side of The Same Coin" ...

Oh how popular that would be.

PS. Coinologist (tm pending) not to be confused with numismatist.

[edit on 3 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
An excellent analogy. Your points are well-founded and appear accurate, with the possible exception of Al Gore as Pope. Perhaps he would be more like a Bishop, with Hansen or even the IPCC as Pope.

On second thought, perhaps the IPCC could be seen as the counterpart to the Vatican?

Well, I had different ideas of who to put at the top, I thought about using others as pope, but I needed someone that Communes with God, and nobody fit that better than him. He communes with both TPTB and Global Warming. Also, a better known name was needed. As for the rest, I wanted to keep it a little less complicated. BUT-their is such a correlation to religion, everyone must see this.

Anyway, kudos to you for pointing this out. I have noticed it myself, but haven't had time to try and put it all together. Even if I had, I doubt I could have done better.

One final thought: does my recent thread, Lets finish this! Numbers do not lie. make me a counterpart to Copernicus?

TheRedneck

As for your BLASPHEMOUS thread, you shall be put down as the largest HERETIC ever. How dare you question! Off with your head!

for others see this Copernicus was a Heretic

Some of the greatest minds of the past were labeled Heretics.

And you should be so honored.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

A guy in Australia named Robert Brinsmead is a good illustration of this.

Robert Brismead was a Theologian who sytematically deconstructed Judeo/Christian history in the 70's and 80's in publications called Present Truth and Verdict.

See en.wikipedia.org...

After he went through this process he became a 'born again' climatologist...
...and you can read about his new 'religion' at the following address.

www.greatnewstory.com...

His new 'gospel' is Climate Change...
...and his experience is evidence of this kind of 'religious' transition and transformation.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You know, you could be onto something with this Cult idea, I never considered it until now. What I DO know is that you feel like you have to justify your position every time you say that you don't believe there is such a thing as "global warming" & that there's not enough true & unbiased scientific evidence to support it.

Every damn time!

And yet, its funny how once you do state your position as a non-believer, how many more people pipe up & say they agree with you. It so much like a secret society!!! Yep, the Secret Society of People Who are not Stupid Enough to Fall for GW Lie!!

I like the slant you've put on this, thanx for that!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Thank you.

reply to post by Gamma MO

Yes, what you are saying is absolutely true. To see things as they are you need to be able to have a wide field of view.

Actually what you bring up is very important. When they will not even try to argue their point, stating that all of the research has been done, it is another tie into this religious or fascist dogma.

People are afraid to lose jobs, grants, standing in their field. It is so much like the rhetoric of the past-be it religious or political in nature.

I would hate to say it-but the US and the World is beginning(if not already there) to look EXACTLY like either Hitler Germany or the Inquisition of old.

But I will not bow to this and I hope enough people will follow others lead.

Thanks again for your insight and the info on your friend's predicament.

reply to post by schrodingers dog

SD, you know a lot of my recent threads are thanks to you. You helped me see the correlation in several things.

Care to discuss this hypothesis, or will you just give a hit and run tactic.

You are very poetic with your words and seem to be forthright in your positions. I look forward to any response.

reply to post by troubleshooter

Yes, the new religion now is the SUSTAINABILITY theory. I have read a little on this dogma.

I believe it was created by the people behind so many things. I actually should have included some of that in this thread. When people begin to research things behind the new religion, they will see the CONTROL behind it.

Thanks for bringing SUSTAINABILITY up. That maybe my next thread. It very well ties in here.

reply to post by SpinifexPrincess

You know, you could be onto something with this Cult idea, I never considered it until now. What I DO know is that you feel like you have to justify your position every time you say that you don't believe there is such a thing as "global warming" & that there's not enough true & unbiased scientific evidence to support it.
Every damn time!

Yes, I do try to back up my positions and I wish others(Gore, Global Warming Hysteria Folk and others) would do the same.

WITH UNBIASED and WITHOUT INDOCTRINATED and ENFORCED CONCLUSIONS.

Thank you for that.

And yet, its funny how once you do state your position as a non-believer, how many more people pipe up & say they agree with you. It so much like a secret society!!! Yep, the Secret Society of People Who are not Stupid Enough to Fall for GW Lie!! I like the slant you've put on this, thanx for that!

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

SD, you know a lot of my recent threads are thanks to you. You helped me see the correlation in several things.

Thanks for that, hopefully we all inspire each other in some way.

Care to discuss this hypothesis, or will you just give a hit and run tactic.

Well, I am in this topic as in most others, agnostic ... that is to say that I accept the limitations of both my knowledge and my understanding of the knowledge I have. Though my last thread on the topic perhaps didn't convey it (hey I just tried something new to try to inspire a different way of looking at something for its own merit) I am rather humble in my claims of truth or knowledge. Fact of the matter is I simply don't know. If I had to guess i would guess that there is truth on both camps, and much more to be discovered.

But as you know, I believe this conversation to be mostly a red herring, one that is largely irrelevant in the context of how humans interact with nature and each other. ... but that's simply a personal sentiment.

But I have to say I always cringe a little when I see intellectual "mobs" forming for or against an idea or theory. They remind me of the Simpsons episode where they think a comet is going to crush them only to burn off on entry ... and Moe says: "Let's go burn down the observatory so this will never happen again."

I see an awful lot of folks right now jumping on the AGW hoax bandwagon, in a exactly the same way others jumped on the GW bandwagon ... hence my "other side of the same coin" statement.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Well, I am in this topic as in most others, agnostic ... that is to say that I accept the limitations of both my knowledge and my understanding of the knowledge I have. Though my last thread on the topic perhaps didn't convey it (hey I just tried something new to try to inspire a different way of looking at something for its own merit) I am rather humble in my claims of truth or knowledge. Fact of the matter is I simply don't know. If I had to guess i would guess that there is truth on both camps, and much more to be discovered.

As I said, poetic and forthright. Sometime I try to push my positions too forcefully. Could be because I am the youngest of five brothers. I loved that thread, I could not believe some of the attacks (way over the top). I hope you do not mind, I stole your format and wrote a thread using it. I added a disclaimer in it, did not want to be attacked for poetic license.

Yes, we do not know, the scientists do not know. But laws are being passed as we speak, with nary a debate. I have actually looked for video on the House of Reps in the US where they passed the Cap and Trade bill. Cannot find much, ever since YouTube got rid of Cspanjunkie, it is hard to get the info anymore.

Liked the use of the Agnostic label.

But I have to say I always cringe a little when I see intellectual "mobs" forming for or against an idea or theory. They remind me of the Simpsons episode where they think a comet is going to crush them only to burn off on entry ... and Moe says: "Let's go burn down the observatory so this will never happen again." I see an awful lot of folks right now jumping on the AGW hoax bandwagon, in a exactly the same way others jumped on the GW bandwagon ... hence my "other side of the same coin" statement.

Yes, I may have over did it a little, but on this site, I have found I must be forceful and provocative to even get a debate going. Hence my several flops.

As for my position on almost everything political or governmental, I have been Pavlovian trained to distrust anything spouted by these asshats.

Very much agreed, we need to study and enact pollution controls, but not to the detriment of society as a whole and a benefit to the rich and powerful.

Thanks for your response.

edit for gramma

[edit on 12/3/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

... I could not believe some of the attacks (way over the top).

Sokay, it is to be expected when one takes on the role of a reflective surface ... plus I wuz ready for them.

You know it's funny you mention the "asshats" in Washington ... hey, I live here, i run into them the whole time. They really are asshats, and they can't order desert much less construct and maintain a conspiracy.

That doesn't seem to factored into conspiracy theories, at least not as much as it should.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I see an awful lot of folks right now jumping on the AGW hoax bandwagon, in a exactly the same way others jumped on the GW bandwagon ... hence my "other side of the same coin" statement.

At the risk of turning this into a "let's all praise SD" thread, I want to second endisnighe's statement. Your ability to remain calm under attack as well as your humility is an inspiration.

I have noticed the same thing you have. It seems people have an inherent inclination to jump on the side of whoever appears to be 'winning' at a particular time. And a lot can be learned with the simple phrase "I don't know".

to you.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You know it's funny you mention the "asshats" in Washington ... hey, I live here, i run into them the whole time. They really are asshats, and they can't order desert much less construct and maintain a conspiracy.

Some would say, including me, that the asshats are just sock puppets. The real power comes from the entrenched lobbyists, career government officials and the ever increasing appointed bureaucrats.

I am sure you have noticed the lifelong people behind the curtain, getting appointed to all of the real "Power" positions in Washington. These people, no matter Democrat controlled or Republican controlled, are always drawn from the SAME pool.

Those are the REAL seats of power. Of course, the public is told, we need them for their expertise(my view is corruption and bribery techniques).

And who really are writing these laws? All done behind closed doors(illegal) and without ANY form of oversight.

Just getting so frustrated with the corruption from one Admin to another.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

And who really are writing these laws? All done behind closed doors(illegal) and without ANY form of oversight.

But here's the thing ...

The people at the top making these decisions aren't stupid enough to commit themselves either way. They hedge their bets ... thus to the real power brokers it makes no difference to them whether you buy fossil fuels or renewable energy, they have their hands in both, tax both, make money no matter what you and I consume.

The game is rigged! To them, it matters little whether AGW gets debunked, or believed.

So as you and I could sit here and have this argument forever, and lets say I'm pimping AGW and you debunk me, you have in fact achieved nothing ... other than being given the impression that you won whilst the whole time all you've done is take money out of one of their pockets and stuck it in the other.

All this is just bread and circuses ...

The debunk is the game, the debunk is the players, the debunk is not in the details. As said above, to play is to lose.

You see the problem?

[edit on 3 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Religion it certainly is.
Now I have always been one to let people be on religion, what you choose to believe is your business sort of attitude. I draw the line on that when someone wants to stuff their religion down my throat.
Climatology not only wants me to believe they insist I tithe!!!

I feel more and more helpless as Copenhagen marches on and nothing changes in spite of the evidence. I would go to Copenhagen and protest if I could.

If I had a back yard I would light up the BBQ and burn it the whole time. Sadly I can't do much.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join