It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Your Totem Animal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

When I think of an owl I think of wisdom, insight, and clairvoyance.

It is also a meat eater, which means it can be a warrior if challenged or threatened. hmm...owls can also see around them in every direction which would symbolise great awareness. It has predator vision which means that it sees clearly through the veils of life. I've also heard that many of the Elders which are more clairvoyant than others have the totem of an owl.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I am no expert but I can give my understanding.

The owl represents wisdom firstly, but more then that they represent wisdom beyond the shadow. The veil or the illusions that trick us in confusion or fear.

They tell us to look past our fear or the darkness into the coming light.

Their wisdom lies in the ability to see through the night.

( I hope i explained that properly)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Animals will tend to do that. I've noticed it too. It's really rather comforting to know that an animal can find solace within the emotional vibration of humans....

They tune in and assess your emotions and such whether you like it or not. It's just something that happens.

link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

This won't be your last thread, you'll see, it's going to take off like wildfire, .... or like herpe's at a pool party. It will be the first thread of many, .... and one day, when your old and grey, you'll look back and think, " ya know, ole Burst was right, ..... that son of a ****"

..... and somewhere out there in the wild blue yonder, .... Spanky will thank you for helping me find him, .... before he innapropriately touches some random salamander waitress.

link   
Wow that's awesome!! Thank you!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yeah after reading the Owl and Eagle stuff... a Crow is more like me.

Who knows what it is until I try, but I have always respected the crow.

"Come meet me Oh Great Crow, and I will have my medicinal pipe ready!"

They are one smart bird... and even though their caw caw caws drive me crazy in the mornings, there's just something about them.

I'd associate the black cat with something dark and sinister, but a black crow I look at in a positive light.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

By no means should you take my word for this, seeing as how I am not at all an authority on the matter, however....

When I think CROW...I think...messenger...opinionated....unabashed...

I'd say...crows are willing to walk the walk and talk the talk..they're kinda..in your face-ish. They're messengers whether someone wants to hear it or not...that's about all I can come up with....

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I'm part native. Not much...I do embrace that side of me though. It's something that I wish I knew more about.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Me too but there's practically zero info on the individual Delaware tribes...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Thanks for this A2D, am at work but have printed the information and now I can't wait to get home, chill for a while and then....!

Great, much appreciated!

I will definitely report back and don't let anything that ANYONE has to say get you down and stop posting, there are less of those that don't appreciate this kind of information than there are of those that do, and the ones that don't don't matter!

edit to add. S&F!

[edit on 3/12/09 by wiser3]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Although you explained a method to discover one's animal totem, ... could you go in more depth of what animal totem's are, ... and how we can use them for fun or profit ???

Also, .... is there a way to trade up my animal totem, I mean, I'm not going to go around introducing my Salamander to friends and family if he can't function in normal social situations due to blatant intoxication.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Thank you for that. I will anxiously be awaiting you to tell of your experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I'm sorry burst. I don't find your dialogue to be a contributing factor to my thread and politely ask that you refrain from straying off topic. I ask that you please stick to the OP and ask relevant, SERIOUS, questions. I'm tired of tolerating the snarky, sarcastic, and often times plain rude remarks from those that don't find a certain topic fascinating. If you don't find the topic to be one that interests you, please by all means, go find one that does.

Respectfully
A2D

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm sorry A2D, You got me all wrong, ... I was just trying to be relevant in my own unique way, but I was being serious .....

can you explain more of what animal totems are, ... and how they can be used/relate in life ??

[edit on 3-12-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

First and foremost I will cover the common misconceptions concerning totem animals. The Native American tradition seems to be plagued by the notion that everyone is either an eagle or a wolf or some majestic animal, which is certainly not the case. A very diverse range of animals are commonly accepted as totemic animals. Additionally, there is no set standard to what the totemic animal represents. Different animals have different correspondences due to the different tribes.

I suppose in relevance to modern day life, totemic animals may be associated with spirit guides, guardian angels, and even the Jungian idea of Archetypes. Each animal has symbolic significance and bears lessons that either need to be imparted, or need to be learned through experience. The totemic animal might represent characteristics that a person already possesses or needs to learn in order to bring them closer to the light. In Jungian psychology there is a concept of facing the shadow, or our fears, in order that we can grow and become more knowledgeable about ourselves and our strenghts/weaknesses. In the same sense, that is what an totem animal represents. It embodies the principles we must use/learn that will undoubtedly have a substantial bearing on many aspects of life, particularly the spiritual aspect.

I hope this may clarify things a bit more.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is a subject that has always interested me. Even though Iam not native , I have been fascinated by the culture since I was a small child.
I had always been curious about the possible connection that we have with animals as I would often dream of them, or pay attention when they appeared to be speaking to me.
I have dreamt of a white wolf giving her pup to me the night before my son was born. I have dreamt of being attacked by a cougar.
I have many a time stood only a few feet from a doe and just spoke to her.
When I hear a crow I pay attention.
But I know my spirit/ totem animal...is a goose.
www.benjudy.com...
I don't do winters well, and prefer to be south this time of year. When I suspect danger, I want to fly away.
I can be very loud if annoyed..and to put the jokes at bay..if I decide to let the crap fly..I care not if it lands on you.
At this very moment- I can look out my window, across the river, and there stands an island with a totem pole..just beyond it, on the beach, is a flock of about 20 geese.
Iam so envious, and would love to fly away.
Years ago, I found this book, and it has helped me understand many things.
books.google.ca... lt&resnum=4&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Great thread idea.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I would be very interested to know, and should add that I would NOT be suprised, if your son's Totem animal turns out to be a white wolf! How amazing is that?? Thank you for sharing that!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I find it very interesting that you dreamt of a wolf before your sons birth. A wolf totem is very demaning on an individual but the return is great. The wolf is reliable and enduring. He reminds us to be strong and trust our instincts and insights. A wolf is one that overcomes adversity by taking risks and facing fears head on....I think this is what your son represents for you.....

Thank you for sharing that with us. It actually wets my eyes to think of that relationship.....

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
A2D...this is a great thread...don't give up!
Just wait for the right people to find you.

www.whats-your-sign.com... This is a useful site about the basics of all kinds of symbolism....lots to read.

I've worked with animal totems in the past, and my personal totem is deer, although I do admit I'm struggling to understand how that might represent the more narky side of my personality at the moment.....tis a long story! Deer are about .....
*Gentleness
* Love
* Grace
* Peace
* Beauty
* Fertility
* Humility
* Swiftness
* Regrowth
* Creativity
* Spirituality
* Abundance
* Benevolence
* Watchfulness

Mostly sums me up.....but then there is that grizzly bear bit of me....maybe it's just because it's the time of year to hibernate....I dunno.

In addition, I find that animals pop up in our lives just to message us about stuff we need to know about or should be working with. Last year it was woodpecker for me.....everyday they were on the birdfeeders, bringing their babies, hearing them in the woods when I walked the dog. They're all about using your intellect to make progress and open doors, communication, being hardheaded in a way and showing real determination, just as I was preparing to go back to college for the second time. Just now, I have a mouse.....the tiniest, fastest little field mouse.....somewhere in the house, not doing any damage, trying to build nests, until I find them and tidy them up, conscienciously ignoring the humane trap I've set for her, filled with all kinds of goodies so I can relocate her, and the babies she's carrying. Mice are about scrutiny.....I need to be looking at something very closely, paying attention to all the tiny details.

And as for Crow....when I see crows I think cleverness....they not only know stuff, but they can work stuff out for themselves. Engineers in a way.

I really liked your meditation too....I might try that later today and see who appears. Thank you so much.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thank you so much for your kind words!

However, I am disappointed that you did not list INNOCENCE as a main characteristic of the deer. I am glad that gentleness was at the top though. Those are the two characteristics that I think correspond to deer. They just have that knack for using their gentleness to touch hearts and minds. They very gently nudge you in the right direction...and they're just wonderfully beautiful creatures altogether.

I don't know if this hits home with you but when I think BEAR...I think LEADER...FEARLESS LEADER...Like a mother with her cub...In tieing the two(deer and bear) together, I would assume that you possess a more subtle leadership style. The gentleness of a deer and the leadership of a bear combined. Also, I think that perhaps the bear could be playing a protection role when it comes to the innocence of the deer. Any of this striking a chord with you???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join