It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here it is..... My First Post. [HOAX]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is the ATS Christmas competition !

The Mods/Admin have planted this story and a number of members who`s joining dates are the same/similar and various clues like they have each other picked as friends etc. The winner will be the person who spots all of the clues, ties up the loose ends, and shows how they are not stupid enough to swallow this. Looks like a lot of people have lost a long time ago !

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelpusher
Okay a brand new member discredits the other brand new poster/member, both using the same desktop image and graphics in their videos hosted on the same site. What are the odds.

Hope you are having fun with us.

Can the mods please review these 2 members closely to see that no sock puppets or similar IP's are going on with "formerspook" and "dreambeats". Because this one smells of a setup.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by thepixelpusher]

ARe you missing brain cells? I don't agree with formerspook im trying to prove that this is a HOAX! And by the way my flag graphics are different, they are facing backwards. and i don't have a drop down confirm button on each tab because i was lazy.... if you want to get technical. Different desktop to by the way. also, i uploaded it to tinypic to make it as similar to the OP's. You just made me fart.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by dreambeats]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
um... what???

what's so special about that video???

maybe i missed something??

maybe i skimmed through your post too fast, but what in the world are we talking about here, and especially why is it so dangerous for you??

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just added this to the opening post...

An ATS member was able to reproduce the video in this post

Also, this thread-author suggested we might figure out his point of origin via his username... so I took him up on that, but one step further and confirmed his registration email address. His email is that of an Internet game company (not government agency), and many of his posts also originate from an IP that correlate to the game company.

Moved to the Hoax forum.

Member banned.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
After reviewing some of "formerspook's" posts, I sent an email to his employer as it appears as though they may have been using ATS, without permission, for some type of research for another Internet game. His employer makes widget games for Facebook.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After reviewing some of "formerspook's" posts, I sent an email to his employer as it appears as though they may have been using ATS, without permission, for some type of research for another Internet game. His employer makes widget games for Facebook.

I'm glad you caught this. My question a few days ago you stated in a different post, that ATS does not keep server logs or save IP addresses.

This may be concerning to some members.

Good catch BTW.

-Al

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet
that ATS does not keep server logs or save IP addresses.

We do not have server logs, that is correct.

However, as is the case with all forum software, your IP address is associated with each post. This enables us to block the IP address (at our firewall) of trouble-makers, if needed.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Nice work catching this faker (and you can pronounce that any way you like
)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ohh snap, Hopefully he was doing some actual follow up research work or else you just got him fired for messing around on his work time.

Nice research work all!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The question still hasn't been answered.....

How is it that he was able to start a new thread without even posting once?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

The thread was initially started in the Intro forum and later moved to The Gray Area ... as it seemed a more appropriate venue.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There it went...your last post.

Nice job MODS...this smelled of a [HOAX] from the get-go.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I just have to ask, If they are researching a topic and using information for their game, how different is that of us The Above Network, LLC (ATS). members using others peoples websites , books , movies for our research for our discussions. All of us do not get permission to post news clips, pictures, texts from other sites for evidence of what we are discussing. I thought all info in the public domain is public. I understand that ATS is a membership, but If I look up a subject and ATS is in the top 10 on google and I go there for information for what I'm working on I need your permission to research it? Even though the subject is public, and the post will most likely contain links to other sites for the information.

If you don't want people researching and going to ATS for more data, take ATS out of google, and other search engines.

Research is gathering information from all different places looking for facts,
and All of us here on this board is doing just that , looking for facts. How many of us are gathering information for a book we are writing, or a song, or yes even a game.

I have been working on a self made RPG for a few years now before I ever came to ATS. In it has conspiracy issues, super natural, and other things that are found on this site. Yes, I use ATS for research, but all the research I find leads off site. Will you be sending a letter to me?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
I just have to ask, If they are researching a topic and using information for their game, how different is that of us...

Presumably we (ATS members) are not hoaxing in the process of our research.

Over the years, we have indeed been approached and propositioned by firms seeking to gauge the response to rather unique ideas they'd like to post to ATS, and sought out our permission in advance. In fact, we came rather close to a deal with a bona fide research/survey company that could have been very interesting.

The failed projects almost always centered around the posting of false or otherwise hoax-like information, and their unwillingness to accommodate some form of preemptive disclosure about the nature of the information.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dreambeats

I actually realized it was a hoax when I DID NOT SEE ANY passcard reader
on the side of the monitor or on any keyboard which is standard practice in
high security settings such as at the NSA or DIA and sometimes at the CIA
(the CIA is AGES behind the NSA/DIA on securing their workstations).

I thought the screen was some kind of Net Nanny type of company
that used a custom browser for human assisted tagging of websites
that were being surfed by in-house web surfers.

Somewhat shocking to hear it's from a game company....

Anyways, my earlier posts were intended to describe ACTUAL operations
of a real facility such as those at "The Dungeon" and "The Bunker"
in Ft. Meade and in places such as the Nevada NSA and EG&G (or whatever
they call themselves now) secure computer data centre facilities.

And again, look up Echelon and NSA as search terms under Google
to get a better idea of how long we've (er...they've) been spying on
the public. It's pretty shocking to the young-uns, but not to us old-uns,
as to how far they go in the world of data mining.

You would also be surprised at how much data one can produce
using a simple TRUE/FALSE/AND/OR/NOT/NEAR boolean-based
pattern searches on character string-based data. You would also
be surprised at how MUCH MONEY is being spent by the NSA on
computer gear that get's installed in "The Bunker" at NSA
on a YEARLY BASIS. That's also not to mention the research and
development they do, and the fabrication facilities the NSA has for
creating advanced opto-electronics, Gallium Arsenide and
Silicon-on-Sapphire/Silicon-on-Diamond CPU/GPU/DSP chips,
Qubit-based Quantum Encryption & Computing, holographic memory,
plastic CPU's and flexible circuits, massively parallel computing
and other esoteric fields of inquiry.

I should also add that the NSA is one of the world's LARGEST employers
of mathematicians doing signal processing, encryption, pattern matching
and other fancy software.

Hope that helps to explain a few things in the world
of data mining by governments (and private firms!) and the
interception of ANY TYPE OF communications by computers!!!!!

[edit on 2009/12/5 by StargateSG7]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Are you sure he was using ATS, without permission, for anything? I would be disappointed if you ended up contacting his employer just because of guilt by association.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmarehalo

Are you sure he was using ATS, without permission, for anything? I would be disappointed if you ended up contacting his employer just because of guilt by association.

Big Brother has a new face ATS !

I hope they don`t check with my employers, oh no wait, I work for myself !

I started a thread a while back questioning the trustworthyness of ATS, looks like I was right !

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Qwenn]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Are you sure he was using ATS, without permission, for anything?

I was referring to permission from us (ATS) to engage our members in market research.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Are you sure he was using ATS, without permission, for anything?

I was referring to permission from us (ATS) to engage our members in market research.

What I meant was are you sure he, specifically, was engaging in market research?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The sad part about this thread is the amount of members who actually gave stars to the OP.

Just shows how many people will believe what they want and not what is true (aka anti-government people).

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join