It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here it is..... My First Post. [HOAX]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by formerspook

You seem genuine but your story makes no sense whatsoever from a security standpoint which leads me to wonder. . .

Someone's nephew got a really good contract from a member of congress and started their own "security" firm as a cash funneling scheme.

-or-

You are part of a government sponsored behavioral experiment where they monitor your reactions to various material in order to develop a gauge to determine what triggers a "threat" reaction in the average populace. .

Just wanted to throw out a few alternative scenarios.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
What would it take to wipe this thread off the board?? I think I'll post some fake UFO footage just to break up the monotony.

Seriously, put this thread out of its misery

Hitler!

There, that should do it!

Perplexed? See "Godwin's Law"

[edit on 3-12-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hi Spooky.

Take the naysayers with a grain of salt. Many here are interested in what you have to say and contribute.

Because we are waking up to the fact that we have all been lied to about so many things, all our lives, people are angry and defensive. Many will doubt any evidence presented concerning things they do not know about or are unsure of.

All of the leaders ---governments, religions, corporations---mistook our trust for gullability. No one likes to be made a fool of. And I imagine that everyone here has anger because those lies have wrecked many lives and we still don't know all the repercussion that will come from these lies that have entrapped us.

There will always be doubters; and whatever you give, it will never be enough to satisfy them.

For what it's worth, I believe you. I sense that you have come forward to purge yourself from the deceit. Your work doesn't feel right. You sense that it is dishonest. The business itself seems fraudulent and I think you know that deep down, innocent people may end up being unjustly accused of something. You have a conscience and that's why you brought this to light.

I do have another couple of questions.

Have you been able to determine a common link in the information you are viewing? A certain subject matter that seems to be repeated?

Do they give you guidelines as what to look for and their criteria for what constitutes a threat? Any specifics?

Thank you.

Alethea

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ByteChanger

He's a spook... he can probably log onto your computer right now without you knowing it and do all kinds of things...

PS: Not bad for just registering. yesterday...

ATS Points: 966
BTS Points: 3

Flags: 72
Stars: 54

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ByteChanger]

I don't see what is so unusual about his statistics.
Second line.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Here's a thought. What if this original poster made this post to see how far this would spread across the web as a test to see how they could covertly influence info out here (meaning web)? And then they monitor sites to see how effective and far and long this goes on and gets spread. Makes more sense than someone putting something up that is potentially illegal on a site that I am sure is monitored already.

Just a thought.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
looks like those places called ... um something like Net nanny? How they block certain sites for kids? That's what i think it looks like honestly.

Cherry

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

CrowdThink? They must be using different terminology in the analysis centers. I did seriously hear of CloudSpeak but I thought that was in an advertising / dcn type case I've read! Close enough I guess! Your story does emit an odor of truth to me or at least conjures "I've heard it before!"

If I were to design such a system...

There should be a mid sized IBM server in the back of the client / spoke office and an IBM rack center in the secondary hub feeding into the divisional hub array of CRAY (Oracle! algorithms & contextual search, AI flags, redundancy(add a point of suspicion) etc) & SUN boxes (general delivery, unified storage, zfs), of which I've ordered ***5*** independent divisions, blind to the others with peers that also take a byte of a shared common pipe of international data and delivered by credential to random "acceptable"/fluent reviewer based on if the employee has stated other languages they may be able to work with & after simple testing.

The client is blind to the address, and contains a browser based thin client like OS yes, with all pages served from the back room mid sized ibm. Each page gets a CAT+1 to 10 or CAT-1 to 10 value of suspicion and a 1-10 CAT +/- of potential birth of a situation to give weight to data capture priorities from that source and is fed back to the who knows where aggregation servers for it's next snapshot cycle 1 strike you are on tier 1, 2 strikes tier 2, up to 5 as a potential live watch (get a human but fake user in there) site.

Another function is reviewing other peers and adding or subtracting weight at the mid size IBM upon delivery with the returned score blindly tallied by the IBM rack center, checked against the divisions for anomalous discrepancies and archived for later comparison and receipts / weight is processed then forwarded again based on escalation / priority value. All feeding back through a pipe to who knows where with most international traffic feeding through a pipe provider with the number 7 in its name, just to be cool, that is then cloned and multicasted to UK & Canada who then weight it, retain it till the ultimate central hubs in all 3 countries acknowledge a completion type digital receipt, crunch the works of it for differential and if anomalous are given to all three countries for humans to investigate however they do, compare results again and either escalate yet again or discard.

One final review center is within the confines of agency x that takes the "headlines" and carefully analyzes for emotional tone, urgency & out of context lingual sets (possible riddles) and further escalation to a joint director - secretarial probe.

Or... Just look at the ATS firehoses! J/K!

Just my imagination! But I did hear a vaguely similar tale to yours! I wonder.....?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Doesn't fit much with anything Iknow.
When we used to do monitoring, we'd mirror a switch at the provider level and watch the pictures fly by - THEN if we saw something suspicious we'd grab the IP and focus on that address for a while.

Everyone knows AT&T had spook equipment in their closets, but NO ONE talks about the 'security subcontractors' that go in to secure the insurance companies and loan companies and the charities ect. ad nauseum.....then they can sit there and mine whatever they want all...day...long...with permission and a blessing....and by golly they do such a good job foreign businesses start hiring them and maybe even foreign local governments, then they can have a good excuse to just move to open a home office there...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthWanderer
I cant even make a thread witout having 20 posts how'd you bypass that?

Here is another one..........

abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread523962/pg1

Would be nice if a Mod or Admin would chime in on this, but "Whatever".

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Mods would have done something by now, I am going to stay off the thread, HOPEFULLY it will 'wither on the vine'. Seen enough. If OP is real, nothing earth-shattering there.... I'm gone.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
this is a test:
bomb nuclear kill opium president hate secret its in the cake James Bond Afghanistan allahu akbar airplane train assassinate FBI CIA AK 47 Los Angeles dirty Obama destroy

spelling typo thanks butcherguy

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Alchemst7]

Spell corrected.... you forgot Radiation as well

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What you're doing in this job sounds like an enormous waste of time.

But, in your position you can't prove this is true any more than we can prove it isn't.

Assuming it is true, and from reading your posts, it seems your office is on the "green fringe" of the process, meaning that it's highly unlikely anything of significance will ever pass through to your level. Oranges and Reds are almost certainly never passed on to you. And ones that are could even be token selections by higher authorities, in order for you and your coworkers to feel some value in the work you do. (Some processes of information security are sometimes not what they seem.) For you to be able to record video in this environment must mean that security is pretty lax, or you have a way of getting a device in and out. This could be a front company for something else such as real data mining/processing, a politicians sink-hole for some grant money (laundering), or even an experiment.

Assuming it is true, you're one tiny speck of light on one face of a massive monolith in a quarry of monoliths. Even if you told 100% of what you know, it'd certainly be less than 1% of the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To summarize the story (thread) so far:
Someone (making a first post) yells "fire! I'm in a position to know & am putting my livelihood on the line to tell you! More super secret fire info to be revealed!"

Some believe immediately & thank the newsbreaker.
Some yawn.
& others quickly do a technical &/or potential damage assessment & question - What fire? Where's the fire? How big is the fire? What's burning? How did it get started? How fast is it spreading? What are the ramifications? How worried should we be? How do you know? How legitimate is the threat? And .. hey .. where are the flames? Hullo .. where is the smoke?

And after a seemingly interminable silence (7+/- pgs), the OP comes back, & says in essence, "well I don't really know if there is a fire. I have a low level job, I'm not qualified & don't have the training. I'm just bitter & worried that I might lose my job & so feel compelled to say so. Maybe I'll tell the media."

And there we have it.

The "fire" in question? Some company working for some nebulus branch of the government reviews some web content & its a waste of money. No detail beyond that.

I imagine that the flags are due to some fab tech info shared by other members, not the newsworthiness of the OP. Those that remain wait for the thread to be locked or the OP to post something that the MSM hasn't covered for the last decade. For the reasons stated in my first post & confirmed by the OP, I now join others who are bowing out of the thread. Thanks again to the other members for the tech insight. It's a pleasure to be among you.

Cheers!

EDIT: Hmm in re-reading this, it may not have come out the way I intended & an apology may be in order. It was not my intent to criticize or ridicule the OP or his/her intent; but rather to determine whether the OP was in fact in a position to share some news of import. When the OP confirmed that he was not in that position & hadn't done so, I posted this summary to thank everyone & move on. But being facetious when tired may not have been a good idea, & my post may be interpreted as being snarky or mean-spirited. If so, I apologize. I respect & appreciate when others put themselves out there & I choose to give the OP kudos for being honest upon return, rather than assume an intentional hoax. Irrespective of intent or motive though, perhaps this thread is a good reminder to be cognizant of overstating or overpromising. Now I'm really outta here, Cheers! :-)

[edit on 3-12-2009 by AtlasShrugging]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think the mods could let this fly as an introduction post. You do discuss yourself and who you are to the people which is basically an intro post.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I saw a seminar on YT not to long ago about Google getting involved with Captcha. They were talking about "Captcha Farms". Sounds a lot like your job.

Here's something I found.

Teaching computers to read: Google acquires reCAPTCHA
9/16/2009 09:20:00 AM
The image above is a CAPTCHA — you can read it, but computers have a harder time interpreting the letters. We tried to make it hard for computers to recognize because we wanted to give humans the scoop first, but we're happy to announce to everybody now that Google has acquired reCAPTCHA, a company that provides CAPTCHAs to help protect more than 100,000 websites from spam and fraud.

Since computers have trouble reading squiggly words like these, CAPTCHAs are designed to allow humans in but prevent malicious programs from scalping tickets or obtain millions of email accounts for spamming. But there’s a twist — the words in many of the CAPTCHAs provided by reCAPTCHA come from scanned archival newspapers and old books. Computers find it hard to recognize these words because the ink and paper have degraded over time, but by typing them in as a CAPTCHA, crowds teach computers to read the scanned text.

In this way, reCAPTCHA’s unique technology improves the process that converts scanned images into plain text, known as Optical Character Recognition (OCR). This technology also powers large scale text scanning projects like Google Books and Google News Archive Search. Having the text version of documents is important because plain text can be searched, easily rendered on mobile devices and displayed to visually impaired users. So we'll be applying the technology within Google not only to increase fraud and spam protection for Google products but also to improve our books and newspaper scanning process.

That's why we're excited to welcome the reCAPTCHA team to Google, and we're committed to delivering the same high level of performance that websites using reCAPTCHA have come to expect. Improving the availability and accessibility of all the information on the Internet is really important to u

And here's one about running your own captcha farm....

Running your own captcha farm

Having your own private captcha farm might be cheaper but it is a more involved affair. First of all, you need a backend and an interface for your workers. SocialMarketServices and SolveMyCaptcha offer solutions that let you hire your own captcha solvers. You could also surely find an assortment of ready-made captcha farm solutions by posting on one of the freelancer websites.

One important design decision is whether your workers initiate the captcha fetching scripts or poll a queue asynchronously. The first one means your scripts might be running too fast, which leads to either getting banned immediately or having big groups of accounts banned at the same time in the future. Fetching from a queue could frustrate your workers, unless you can provide consistent volume. If you pay your workers per captcha, they won’t be happy when you are not giving them more captchas than they can handle. Keeping your queue full and not overloading it, is a fine balance you have to keep, unless of course you like submitting timed out captchas.

Finding workers to solve captchas should be fairly easy
. Here is an example project on a freelance site, there are 113 bids. There is a more than adequate supply of people that will solve captchas for $0.001 each.

You should assign your workers shifts that cover the whole 24 hours, that way you can spread your captcha fetching throughout the day. You might be inclined to divide the day in three eight-hour shifts. Typing captchas for eight hours straight is not an easy feat. I think workers would be more comfortable and efficient with two or four-hour shifts.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

You are part of a government sponsored behavioral experiment where they monitor your reactions to various material in order to develop a gauge to determine what triggers a "threat" reaction in the average populace. .

[edit on 12/2/2009 by clay2 baraka]

Wow. I never thought of that. Even if the is part of an experiment I'm sure he unknowingly signed away his rights when he filled out the paperwork. Even if he does find out he is, they're paying him for it so its not like he's an unwilling participant.

But for it to be an experiment they'd have to send him more and more threatening sites. It doesn't seem like they're doing that from what hes said. Most people don't consider the sites threatening and he said he has yet to see a threatening site. If it was an experiment they'd want to see where 'the edge' is so they can push him over it and guage the reaction.

Also I'm pretty sure we know what triggers a threat reaction in most people. All you have to do is ask them what they're afraid of or put their safety in danger.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Would you passably be working with National Security Agency (NSA)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I too work for the same agency you do!
We work for DOBS ( Department of Bull Sh*t)

I can confirm the spokes and hubs are connected.....to a car.

Here is my secret video

Secret Video 2

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreambeats

LOL, that was fantastic.

EDIT: Sorry, not much of a contribution. My initial thoughts were:
1. Yes, I know this is happening around the world. Of course it is.
2. Looks like the interface to a net-nanny sort of program.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by ayeyen]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alex22
Would you passably be working with National Security Agency (NSA)
If he were do you think he would be on a message board? Besides, the No Such Agency was compromised long ago. Actually, I believe, the No Such was instituted to do the bidding of the owners in their bid for world domination. No, just another private contractor who through compartmentalization doesn't know who his true master is.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join