It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study proves someones "god" is nothing more than one's own image! Religion crumbles...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Do you not think it curious that when many tried to liberate from God, they also tried to liberate from logic and a sound mind?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

Is it the priests you want to believe in or is it God? Has it not been wrote that men will be known by their works? You are blaming God for what man has done. That is kind of like blaming a car for killing someone and not the driver.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Conclusion]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Originally posted by flylead
God is so sacred.....He calls on his celebate priests to go and nonse kids does he ????
How can anyone believe in religion when priests molest kids.....says it all.....even priests must know deep down its all bollocks....there aint no jesus....if there was he would probably be touching the kids too.....dirty religious bastards

If you double the number of reported cases and allocate one priest per case (when, in fact it was actually many to one) then you have 4% of the clergy being a pedophile.

That is keeping with the number of pedophiles in the general population.

89% of all cases of pedophilia are perpetrated by family members.

Therefore, by your argument, how can anyone believe in society or families if this occurs?

By the way I am going to save your post. It is classic.

lol... I agree... Classic!

In Dan Brown's novel, Angels and Demons, the character, Cardinal Strauss tells Robert Langdon: "Religion is flawed because man is flawed."

~Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think people in this thread need to take into account that SOME people on this forum:
1. believe in a higher power, but not in the organized religions
These are the people who look within for direction and try to figure it out for themselves

2. people who have bought into the mainstream organized religions.
These are the religious fanatics and people who are more likely to believe what their told, rather than pursuing their own path.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Didn't see that response coming
-sarcasm-

You lack an understanding of the article but it is to be expected.

What I find more intriuging is the motivation for caring what other people believe. What if you proved beyond a doubt that there was no god but found people who believed, never the less gained something positive?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

The book has caused nothing. It is the actions of man that have caused war and slaughter. Information is just that, information. Left to itself it does nothing. It is the desires of man that lead to the destruction of man. We see it throughout history.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flylead
God is so sacred.....He calls on his celebate priests to go and nonse kids does he ????
How can anyone believe in religion when priests molest kids.....says it all.....even priests must know deep down its all bollocks....there aint no jesus....if there was he would probably be touching the kids too.....dirty religious bastards

That is a disgusting, ignorant statement and you should be ashamed for saying that. God does NOT tell us to molest or harm children. Religion does NOT say that either. Those priests have sick issues within themselves. It has nothing to do with God's word.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
lol religion.

Religion was made by man to control people. Some people are pretty stupid and would believe anything told to them. Religion has actually convinced people there is a invisible "God" in the sky watching over you 24/7. If you do anything wrong you'll be sent to "Hell".

ha..haha. HAHAHAHA!

Every time those sonsofbitches comes to my door with their bible, I literally slam the door shut and hope it hits their face.

Wake up people, religion is nothing more than an illusion, a fairy tale a fantasy.

Great article OP.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Very true, but that should not be looked at as to not gather together and express your respect with like minded people on the same path. But I get what you are saying.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i have a feeling this is going to get ugly, subjective, long, boring, and no one will be able to prove anything....

kinda reminds me of something, what's it called....? R e l i g i ... ooh my coffee's done.

/thread

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
God is not religion. Do not confuse the two. Just as well, your concept of Hell is wrong. Hell is the voluntary absence of God. If you want God out of your life you are not to know his wisdom or love - that is Hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

I would say to shut the door in face of any knowledge, would be like a slave not trying to escape his captors.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
We don't need any more studies to prove God doesn't exist. It takes a logical, sensible and responsible human being to understand there is no higher religious being.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

So the complexities of man and our world are explained by...what? An explosion? What is the "logical" reason for how intricate our bodies are? The earth? The universe? It just is because it is, and we're too ignorant to figure it out? Sounds like denial.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
We don't need any more studies to prove God doesn't exist. It takes a logical, sensible and responsible human being to understand there is no higher religious being.

I agree. A logical, sensible, intelligent, responsible human being to understand there is no higher religious being....someone like say: Mr Dudle! Whenever possible I refer to his wit and wisdom in all matters religious.

Originally posted by MrDudle
Maybe he doesn't do miracles because you touch yourself at night. On a serious note, god doesn't exist, nor is there any intrinsic value in anything. And if you are telling us that by saying god doesn't exist that means we are polluting your thread then you are just closed minded!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR I R MAD!!!!!!!!!!! Nah...basically dude/dudette you asked for thoughts. We give thoughts. If you don't like our thoughts then I suggest leaving?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Can you explain how you came to that conclusion please. How did life begin? What is the purpose of everything? Show me infinity from beginning to end. To make such a bold statement as to say there is no higher being, these questions should be quiet easily answered for you.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
"Amen" OP, Amen.
2nd line

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Yes, I agree. The book itself hasn't done anything. But the book wasn't intended for anyone else to use, except man.

The different interpretations and personalities caused the words to be used as guides to the calamities that have been.

Make no mistake, I blame man and greed. The book and the idea within, were just manipulated to be used as another tool for control and domination.

As replying to your post, manipulating HOW people can interpret stuff can also start out quite harmlessly.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

I swear you crack me up!

The 'we are so intelligent and have the patent on logic and critical thinking' line has been done to death. For the most part, it's those who claim to be so beyond others in the realm of intelligence that often cannot discuss the topic at hand on a factual/intellectual level and instead resort to off topic jabs that boil down to calling everyone else idiots or making sky fairy jokes. They have no knowledge on the subject matter so all they can really do is pop in to make jokes and ridicule.

The irony is delicious.

Like this 'study' for example. It's beyond flawed on so many levels but is presented as intellectual research. Or the OP's need to resort to flaming and insults instead of being capable to debate the merits of the study and accept disagreement. If that is intelligence, I'm proud to be stupid, I guess.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
reply to post by Conclusion

Yes, I agree. The book itself hasn't done anything. But the book wasn't intended for anyone else to use, except man.

The different interpretations and personalities caused the words to be used as guides to the calamities that have been.

Make no mistake, I blame man and greed. The book and the idea within, were just manipulated to be used as a tool for control and domination.

As replying to your post, manipulating HOW people can interpret stuff can also start out quite harmlessly.

Is that not the nature of all books? By this token we should burn the Communist Manifesto because the death tolls of regime purges are upwards of 13 million?

How about the Anarchist Cookbook?

What about He's Just Not That Into You?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join