It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study proves someones "god" is nothing more than one's own image! Religion crumbles...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

That's an honest answer, and a honest way to live and let others live.

I was not trying to come off nasty or start a flame war.

I think all any of us can do, is take this information, forget the OP (sorry OP)
and come away learning something.

Whether it strengthens your belief, more power to you.
And if it proves otherwise about your belief, then that's okay too!

We all know as much about life as anyone who has ever lived, ever! Period. We're all trying to figure this out and any little bit that gets us up another step of the ladder, is awesome!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

It is crumbling, but so is atheism. They are both ritualistic, circling around the false self, the BEAST masquerading as the divine. Both seem, to me at least, to be centered on the selfish, warring ego. They both want to be the master, and the other to be the slave. Round and round it goes, and where it stops noBODY knows. We are all guilty of this idolatry, this image-worship, but we can move past it. And there is no reason to beat ourselves up about it. It was, in my view, inevitable. We can forgive and forget and move forward, however.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have always said... "Science is only the study of the things we can sense. That is like trying to figure out how a computer works by only watching the monitor, and listening to the sounds it makes. You will never learn about the software, how it was programmed, and who or what programmed it. You will only see how the program acts and reacts."

In this life, all we see, hear, touch, smell, taste is run and operated by something we can't see, hear, touch, smell, taste. So when you study life with those senses, you will only partially figure out how our universe acts, but you won't figure out how it works and how it exists or came to exist. This means science will never prove the ultimate answer by itself, nor will it ever prove or disprove the existence of God.

However, the existence of God has already been proven. It all depends what your definition of God is, and what religion you are though. Several religions have proof of their God, and proof itself, and the idea of proof is part of the proof.

You see, there are many religions that believe everything you see, hear, touch, smell, taste is not just some object God made. They believe it all IS a part of God. They believe the entire Universe is a part of God's body, and God's mind. So their proof of God is everything that exists, including them selves.

The OP's article uses brain scanners to see the electric and magnetic changes in a human brain. Science has "proven" that our thoughts, and ideas, and everything in our mind is just a bunch of chemical reactions causing electric and magnetic forces to play around in our brain.

Well, that same science has also "proven" that the entire Universe is a play of electric and magnetic forces moving around. You got electrostatics that move to and from inanimate objects, and magnetism moving through inanimate objects, and ALL of these inanimate objects themselves are made of electric and magnetic forces, and other energy. Humans are made of the same energy as rocks and air and everything else. When the wind blows you basically have a bunch of energy moving around from one place to the next like the energy detected with brain scanners. You got electrostatic thunder from the sky, and throughout every object in existence which is just electric forces moving around the same as is detected by brain scanners.

So, science has "proven" that the entire Universe acts like a HUGE BRAIN! But who's brain is it?? Some people will tell you it is God's brain. They also say we live in God's brain, and everything in it including humans are caused by God's thoughts. We are made in "God's image", most probably a mental image like a dream.

So science has proof the Universe works like a huge brain, but one thing science will never be able to do is prove that the brain is actually conscious or thinking. That means we have an ultimate question that can't be proven with our senses, and the answer could probably only be reached, but not proven, with philosophical ideas, and logic from humans. That is actually easier than you think.

This is something I have been asking and saying;

Are you a part of the Universe?

....Yes

Are you thinking and conscious?

....Yes

Then the Universe is thinking and conscious.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Ignorance is bliss. I wouldn't expect someone who thinks the Earth is 4,000yrs old to comprehend a scientific study.

Most Christians don't believe this.

I'll be back

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I hate to break it to you OP, but you are a tool..

A tool of prophecy.

You are working for the very God you mock.

You were foretold and you are expected and in many ways welcome. Your very protestations and the very hilarious links you provide, all further substantiate the writings in the Bible. (Besides providing a great source of amusement)

I for one, thank you for being here. Your presence solidifies and strengths my faith as only proof can. For you are proof.

"Many will be called, few will answer"

“And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.”

Semper

Ain't that the truth.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I will also add that I truly believe we agree on much more than we perceive. I think something is always lost in translation. Such is the consequence of a split language. This something lost in translation can reinforce the war stance, and spiral us further into error. I choose to occasionally play the character in this drama that reconciles this artificial split. That is why we all play characters really, to influence the drama. I think we should resolve the drama, and we should not exploit it, further perpetuating the cycles of separation. Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Heres my opinion.
Religion is the biggest fraud ever. There is no god and no man came down and made hundreds of loaves with one and all that fish.....oh and lets not forget the wine to wash it all down......What utter and total bollocks.
And you go to church to pray to nothing ????.......ridiculous

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

As long as people strive for something they so want, which IMHO should be peace and love, then they will always have something to look forward to. If you choose to live a godless life, then that is the choice you have made. Live it and let others live there chosen life. It is time however to make that choice for a whole lot of people. As we can see the future does not look so bright, as for the moment. As for me I definitely feel the need for a savior. As evolution has taught us in order for a species to change, or evolve, the environment has to change. Look around you. The environment is changing everyday. Not just the natural environment, but the social environment as well. So since a savior is needed, and Christ said to be like him, maybe it is time for us to start looking inward for the answers we know are true. Doubt has inevitably stopped more people from reaching their goals than anything else.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
God is so sacred.....He calls on his celebate priests to go and nonse kids does he ????
How can anyone believe in religion when priests molest kids.....says it all.....even priests must know deep down its all bollocks....there aint no jesus....if there was he would probably be touching the kids too.....dirty religious bastards

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

There are no "amazing finds" or "miracles"...if there were..we'd all be adhering to them today.

People look in the wrong places for miracles.

The fact we love, feel, think, examine, wonder, create, invent,

The fact we are here,

The fact we walk the face of this planet positioned in the vast expanse of the universe,

The fact we realize we are here and wonder why and question.

It is all a great mystery it is miraculous.

How to make a universe

Who wants to be god?
arstechnica.com...

www.casavaria.com...

A radical new project could permit human beings to create a "baby universe" in a laboratory in Japan. While it sounds like a dangerous undertaking, the physicists involved believe that if the project is successful, the space-time around a tiny point within our universe will be distorted in such a way that it will begin to form a new superfluid space, and eventually break off, separate in all respects from our experience of space and time, causing no harm to the fabric of our universe.

Yes we were made in gods image,

Yes that makes us co-creators.

Yes

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I welcome people expressing their opinions, even yours.

proof definition (from your dictionary.com

noun

1. the act or process of proving; a testing or trying of something
anything serving or tending to establish the truth of something, or to convince one of its truth; conclusive evidence
2. the establishment of the truth of something to work on the proof of a theory
3. a test or trial of the truth, worth, quality, etc. of something the proof of the pudding is in the eating
4. he quality or condition of having been tested or proved
5. Obsolete tested or proved strength, as of armor
6. the relative strength of an alcoholic liquor with reference to the arbitrary standard for proof spirit
this standard, taken as 100 proof
7. Engraving a trial impression taken from a plate, block, or stone
8. Law all the facts, admissions, and conclusions drawn from evidence which together operate to determine a verdict or judgment
9. Math. a process for checking the correctness of a computation, as, in a subtraction problem, by adding the difference to the subtrahend to get the minuend
10. Numismatics any of a limited number of coins of a new issue, struck with special care
11. Photog. a trial print of a negative
12. Printing an impression of composed type taken for checking errors and making changes

You make the statement in your OP that this PROVES someone[']s God is nothing more than one's own image. This wasn't the title of the article about the study, thus it is yours.

Aside from perhaps #6 above, there is nothing relative to proof contained within this study. The researcher himself doesn't even say so. There is evidence that a person's conception of a Godhead or diety fluxuates in tune with the person's own beliefs. So what?? This is news, that people's faith is defined by their beliefs?

Now, this might've been an interesting thread -- a study and/or discussion of human psychology, symbology, dogma and how those ideals have manifested themselves, particularly in interpretation of various religious writings.

But no......... your attitude, which seems derisive and churlish to me, pretty much prevents any insightful discussion. It comes off as little more than a reflection of your desire to impugn other's beliefs in God, a God or a Godhead. Okay, mission accomplished. We all recognize that you look down on those with any self-imposed identification with any diety or spirituality.

I think it's very unfortunate that you were the one who posted this thread, as it can't be reposted by anyone else, and you've ruined nearly all opportunity for a good discussion. Way to go, ego.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

“And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.”

This might be a wild guess, but my intuition is screaming it. I could be off, but I thought I would share. False trinities? Singularities of threefold structures.

The dragon could be seen as colonial and controlling. Its will is to dominate another. Its love is only for itself. Its logic is structured only to entangle the other, to be the master of the slave, but all of this eventually entangles the dragon. "The dragon always eats itself."

The beast is like the false center of ego. It, in all its vainglory, spreads its IMAGE all over society, and tells others to dance in circles around it, as it is the god to be worshiped. Its will is to seek a stroking of its ego. Its love is all wrapped up in its projected image. Its logic is a logo (think about what marketers do all the time) seeking to usurp the universal LOGOS, that perfect logic seeking perfect reconciliation, wanting only to intertwine with PATHOS, perfectly reconciled emotion (love). It is an impostor and a usurper.

The false prophet seeks to be seen as the Christ, but seeks to have others worship his image. Much like the beast, but instead of imitating God, this false prophet imitates a reconciliator. However, this being seeks division, divide and conquer, and not reconciliation. It seeks to be an author perpetuating and continually rewriting the devil's drama, so to speak.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

Are you saying that organized religion is a fraud, or that God does not exist?

These are two distinct and separate concepts. The one could be rightly debated, but the other is a bit tougher to prove. The existence of a supreme creator does not require an organized religion. If a supreme creator does exist, then it would still exist whether people believed in it or not.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by flylead

Are you saying that organized religion is a fraud, or that God does not exist?

These are two distinct and separate concepts. The one could be rightly debated, but the other is a bit tougher to prove.

Both....
Am just sick of hearing about this religious bollocks. I cant understand how people can believe in something that is a no goer.....Its ridiculous

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Wow. I think I have found someone new to research.

Very well put and you deserve a star.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

I could never possibly see you. I could see your body. I could see the way in which you animate your body. I could see the way in which you convey yourself. However, I could never see you. Therefore you must not exist. You are merely a character in my dream. I am the end all be all. You are nothing. See how it goes?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by flylead
God is so sacred.....He calls on his celebate priests to go and nonse kids does he ????
How can anyone believe in religion when priests molest kids.....says it all.....even priests must know deep down its all bollocks....there aint no jesus....if there was he would probably be touching the kids too.....dirty religious bastards

If you double the number of reported cases and allocate one priest per case (when, in fact it was actually many to one) then you have 4% of the clergy being a pedophile.

That is keeping with the number of pedophiles in the general population.

89% of all cases of pedophilia are perpetrated by family members.

Therefore, by your argument, how can anyone believe in society or families if this occurs?

By the way I am going to save your post. It is classic.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

not reading replies just addressing OP...this proves absolutely nothing..just because some people claim something is the will of God does not mean it is..i could have told you what this study revealed after 9/11..the muslims believe allah's will is that they convert, and if they can't then they should conquer the infidel..this is the will of no one but muhammad which is exactly what the study shows...

It however does not show how throughout history God's will as written in the Bible has come true time and time again

[edit on 1-12-2009 by resonance]

link   
I think it is very sick people try so hard to dismantle God. What is there to gain? Is it so one can point fingers at the faithful? Is it for one's ego? Why is it so difficult to let people have faith in God? Does it personally hurt and offend you? I would say, that is really ridiculous.

God makes us strong. You are preying on powerful minds, not weak, feeble people.

link   
So what can be decided here?? Everyone believes what they were programmed to.

The concept of God is nice. The book that was created to help us be loving, caring and forgiving people has caused nothing but war, hate, and separation, in a lot of instances. Especially since, no MATTER how you look at it, the word was convoluted by man and greed.

Flip side...

God created man in His image. I could buy that. If I create a robot, my first design choice is a two armed, two legged, upright design. In my image. I can program it, but I can't make it do things it wasn't programmed to do.

I can present it with choices, but ultimately the programming takes over.

I don't know what I'm getting at, except...regardless of who proves what, we can still come here and debate the outcome anyways. haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join