It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Solution to teeth brushing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Do you hate toothpastes of all kind? that have weird ingredients well guess what i found a solution for you its better then any toothpastes, and who says you should use toothpastes everyday? did you know for a fact that if your using toothpastes every single day you would feel an toothache?

I do had toothaches but not from drinks or foods but from toothpastes and i even had an tooth infection, so you might ask ok what did you use?

oil the same oil you use for making foods that tastes good

How long should you use it? well that depends how bad your teethes are or if you hate toothpastes that much and wanna try something new and better.

Recommended Days of use if tooth infection is expected
15-20 days its better to use it early in the morning, don't sallow it

results would be different for different people depending on your case, like i said its a good alternative from toothpastes or water.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

ok so ur saying brush ur teeth with OIL as in cooking oil??? hehe

now that is funny

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Not sure about use on teeth, but oil/grease is good for stains, dirty hands and such, and is also the main ingrediant of soap.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This sounds like a very "moustache on a stick" proposal...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/095339363a62.jpg[/atsimg]

... but according to a Brazilian study by the School of Dentistry of Araçatuba, São Paulo State University, vegetable oil should substitute abrasives in dentifrices.

The dentifrices currently available in the marketplace contain many anticariogenic substances, fluoride and abrasives aimed to better clean the dental surface, remove dental plaque, improve salivary flow and its buffer capacity and reduce colonies of bacteria such as S. mutans, the causative agent of dental caries. The objective of this study was to evaluate the possibility of adequately removing dental plaque using an experimental almond oil dentifrice (Titoil) with no abrasives or antiplaque agents. This study was carried out with 80 volunteers, all of them 18-year-old recruits from the military training school of Araçatuba -- SP. Saliva sampling and dental plaque disclosing were undertaken both before and after 28 days of toothbrushing with a low abrasive dentifrice (Group 1: 40 volunteers) or with Titoil (Group 2: 40 volunteers). Statistical analysis of the results revealed that the experimental dentifrice (Titoil) did not interfere with salivary flow and reduced dental plaque more than the low abrasive dentifrice, improved the salivary buffer capacity and decreased salivary S. mutans (Caritest-SM) as much as regular dentifrices. It was concluded that if the dental industry replaces abrasive by vegetable oil in dentifrices, these will be more effective in maintaining oral health and will cause less dental abrasion.

Source.

And here is the full study (written both in English and Portuguese).

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No i am not brushing with it you use it like listerine, i will post later on what oils to use.

Just a small cup of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

What kind of cooking oil?
How exactly does it stop tooth infection?
How does one actually expect a tooth infection?
Why can't we swallow it?
How did you happen onto this theory?
Do you still use a brush?
Does it make your breath smell like a fish and chip shop?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

yeah but he said cooking oil?

hes gunna post more so ill keep out on this always good to get info even if it does seem tad funny

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Toothpaste substitutes:

Licorice root, chewed to clean teeth. antibacterial and soothing to the stomach.

Tooth powders:

Baking soda

Non-poisonous charcoal (not ash - creates caustic lye with water).

Mixture:
Tulsi (Basil) leaves powder-2 tbsp
Neem leaves powder-2 tbsp
Saindhav salt-2 tbsp
Jatamansi-2 tbsp
Ashes (Bhasma) of almond shells – 2 tbsp
Roasted betelnut powder – 2 tbsp
Cardamom (Elaichi) powder- 2 tsp

I'll add oil to the list. I usually use non-fluoride toothpaste, but like to have options in case TSHTF.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

1.Sunshine, sunflower oils

2.When you visit your dentist the next time he might tell you had an tooth infection but it has stopped or slowed down.

3.If your gums are slightly red that's the first noticed of an tooth infection

4.Well its cooking oil right? its better when its cooked

if some people love oil ok fine you can drink it.

5.Cant say i am afraid i will just say this its always a good way to find something different for your oral care rather then using the same methods for 20 years or more so.

6. Yes i still use a brush but i dont use any toothpastes they give me an toothache.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
GREAT! Now my 10wd-40 bill is gonna soar.......

So you don't brush, you rinse like Listerine? I love french fry breath!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
GREAT! Now my 10wd-40 bill is gonna soar.......

So you don't brush, you rinse like Listerine? I love french fry breath!

Lol my breath doesn't smell bad from the oil

you will see once you try it, but if you dont like the smell for some reason
drink some juice to get rid of the smell.

Again just a small cup to get rid of the oil smell.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
While I served in Korea, I noticed all the asians chewing on toothpicks on the way to work. Openly, in public -e.g. on the bus.

Turns out, that they weren't toothpicks, but tooth-sticks. Sometimes with menthol-flavor. That's how they conduct oral hygene.
BTW that's how cavemen did it too.

Cleaning doesn't always require caustic chemicals.
A large part of the picture is friction. Bedouins, for example, don't use precious water for cleaning, but rub off all their dirt with sand. And probably chew sticks too.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I agree! They sell thes olive oil capsules down here, that give you good breath.
Practically cures garlic-breath too.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If you want an alternative, just research the Eskimo's... They are reported to have the healthiest teeth of any people in the world!

I would say if we all ate totally natural we wouldn't have to brush as often

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have done this before. In some cultures, it is common place to swish Olive or Sesame Oil. It cleanses and sanitizes.

I'll admit, I had to get over the gag reflex the first couple of times... 1 tbsp of oil swishing around was just.. odd. But it worked well.

BTW, I do not brush often.. maybe one a month. I drink coffee or tea, rinse with disinfectants such as everclear flavored with mint, and I use toothpicks extensively. My teeth are not unnaturally white, but they are fairly healthy.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have not heard of cleaning teeth with cooking oil, but am familiar with oil pulling.
Basically you swill olive oil or sesame oil etc around your mouth for 20 minutes and then spit it out. The reason you don't swallow is becaused it is mean't to absorb toxins from your body through your tongue.
An internet search will get you plenty of hits.
It is meant to be a bit of a cure all, whitens your teeth, cures toothache, improves your wellbeing among other claims.
I can't vouch for all the claims but heres my experience.
About 8 month ago I had an infected tooth, but could not get to see my dentist for a few days. I had unbelievable toothache from 11 am onwards.
When I got home from work it was on the net looking for anything that may alleviate the pain. I tried raw garlic, garlic mouthwash, salt water rinse allsorts. None of these including painkillers put a dent in the pain.
Anyhow 3am in the morning, last resort swilling olive oil. After 16 hours of pain 5 minutes of swilling cured it, straight asleep, could'nt believe it.
I repeated until I visited the dentist (he did x ray but couldnt find an infection)
One thing is, the first thing you want to do after swilling oil is to clean your teeth to get rid of the orrible taste, so not too sure about cleaning your teeth with oil.
I was just gutted that it did'nt help cure baldness and grow my hair back.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
my teeth health has improved tremendously since i stopped using toothpastes and commercial 'petroleum' mouth wash.

i brush with backing soda/honey mixture and for mouth wash i use water/hydrogen peroxide (that's so good, kills all bacteria, and you can feel your gums becomes so fresh and healthy)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Laury sulfate a common ingredient found in almost all commercial
toothpastes is said to cause Canker Sores.

From my experience I believe that is true.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've been doing oilpulling for about a year now ...off and on, It really works wonders. I believe it gets rid of toxins.

Good for many health benefits.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Since I was a child, my grandfather tought me to brush my teeth the way they used to do it in his village. His father, grandfather and great grandfather also brushed their teeth the same way, so this way I am about to describe has been in my family for more than a 120 years. Oddly my father uses conventional toothpaste.

You get a small cup and put some honey in it, maybe a finger of the cup's height. Then you get finely crushed (until it is dust), some dried mint (actual dried mint, not menthol), and add 2-3 small pinches in the cup with the honey. Then add just enough water to make it more watery since honey is usually really dense, get it to be about the same density as conventional toothpaste. Then apply on toothbrush and brush away! I do this 3 times a week!

By the way, I've been brushing using the above method since I was 6-7, I am 24 now and I've never been to a dentist, don't have/need any fillings, my teeth are really white and really strong.

My grandfather insists that the ancient Egyptians used the same method but I never believed him, you know the way old people say stories

top topics

<<   2 >>

join