Please, do not reply on this thread.

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I find it amusing that you people find this thread so irresistable - it truly shows something about the nature of you all.

I haven't read any instructions how to do an index thread or what-ever file some wise posters have been suggesting - I did what I deemed obvious and most quick solution. But I thank you all equally for ruining the purpose of this thread.

Yeah, you say: "What did you expect?", well I certainly did expect this, I've seen threads similiar to this in ATS where the requests of the posters have been honored. And for your information, I didn't post this to BTS, it was moved by the moderator


Then again, I could ask: "What did you expect when replying this thread, a warm welcome?"

Anyways, as schrodingers dog put it, this is a perfect example of reverse psychology - I thought that it only work for kids of certain age. Seems that my second post wasn't so out of place afterall...

I intented to reply this thread myself when updating thread information, but since you have so efficiently demonstrated that it was utterly stupid idea, I may have to think something else and let this thread live the life of it's own.

Best wishes,

-v the compost

P.S Thanks for the flowers.




posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
First off..the T&C's do not allow threads where you simply Talk/post to yourself.
Second..calling names is also enforced by the T&C's.
Third...why didn't you ask for help from the Mod who moved the thread if you were uncertain?
That is what Mods are for..they aren't all just hall monitors..they HELP when needed.



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied
 


Obviously I am not talking to myself here, at least not anymore. And I haven't been doing name calling, I've stated my opinion. Mods can review this thread and remove any content they find inappropriate, as they've done already.

And could you please point such T&C part that my initial post violates? I am sure that mods would've deleted or closed this thread already, would they find it inappropriate and violating T&C.

-v

[edit on 29-11-2009 by v01i0]



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by AccessDenied
 


Obviously I am not talking to myself here, at least not anymore. And I haven't been doing name calling, I've stated my opinion. Mods can review this thread and remove any content they find inappropriate, as they've done already.

And could you please point such T&C part that my initial post violates? I am sure that mods would've deleted or closed this thread already, would they find it inappropriate and violating T&C.

-v

[edit on 29-11-2009 by v01i0]



So in your world calling someone retarded is not name calling it just falls under the category of your opinion?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...


1) Be polite. Above all, we take pride in the fact that AboveTopSecret.com is renowned as a destination for civil and polite discussion of nearly anything. Treat your fellow ATS members with respect, and your time here will be rewarding.


www.abovetopsecret.com...

Terms & Conditions Summary: The below specific and itemized rules not withstanding, all members are expected to participate with the same common every-day social graces used in civilized mixed company. Our desire is to foster an environment of civil decorum that enables our members to discuss highly provocative and intensely speculative topics without concern over personal attacks or insults.


There are a few rules that could be used to deem a thread solely for the purpose of one member as against T&C..but that would be up to the discretion of whatever Mod was enforcing it.



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied
 


I appreciate your input on T&C and your interpretation of it. However, should we let the mods decide the appropriate action towards this thread?

Besides, my opinion on what you claim to be name calling was well based: As the thread title was "Please, do not reply on this thread." and since many have done so, people has suggested that it has been an decent example of reverse psychology; considering many of the posters might be adults (as in age-wise):

Reverse psychology is often used on children due to their lack of psychological understanding and higher rate of reactance. Reverse psychology also preys on a person's ego, as when it is used, it makes the target or the vicitim feel incompetent so therefore the person will do it.

Source


Mental retardation is a generalized disorder, characterized by significantly impaired cognitive functioning and deficits in two or more adaptive behaviors with onset before the age of 18.

Source

Best regards,

-v

[edit on 29-11-2009 by v01i0]



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by AccessDenied
 


I appreciate your input on T&C and your interpretation of it. However, should we let the mods decide the appropriate action towards this thread?

Besides, my opinion on what you claim to be name calling was well based: As the thread title was "Please, do not reply on this thread." and since many have done so, people has suggested that it has been an decent example of reverse psychology; considering many of the posters might be adults (as in age-wise):

Reverse psychology is often used on children due to their lack of psychological understanding and higher rate of reactance. Reverse psychology also preys on a person's ego, as when it is used, it makes the target or the vicitim feel incompetent so therefore the person will do it.

Source


Mental retardation is a generalized disorder, characterized by significantly impaired cognitive functioning and deficits in two or more adaptive behaviors with onset before the age of 18.

Source

Best regards,

-v

[edit on 29-11-2009 by v01i0]


Yes by all means..I'm not a MOD, let them do their job.
And the T&C are not open to MY interpretation. I quoted from the source.
Now, since you deem members as retarded, and basically according to your quote..juvenile, and prefer to simply post threads to and which you talk to yourself..good luck on the boards.
As was pointed out to you, there are more intelligent ways of keeping the data in your OP, but you were not open to constructive criticism, and reduced to name calling. This is a message board where we discuss ideas with one another in as civil a manner as possible without name calling or insulting the intelligence of others.
Enjoy your stay here, however long that may be.



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied
 


Okay, whatever. Thanks.

I was about to add the line: "Rather than reply on this thread, u2u me if you have comments" in my OP, but it was already too late, as the post became uneditable. Anyways, I am entitled to my opinions and actions. And I already feel that I've been too long in these boards...

-v

[edit on 29-11-2009 by v01i0]



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
I find it amusing that you people find this thread so irresistable - it truly shows something about the nature of you all.

I haven't read any instructions how to do an index thread or what-ever file some wise posters have been suggesting - I did what I deemed obvious and most quick solution. But I thank you all equally for ruining the purpose of this thread.

Yeah, you say: "What did you expect?", well I certainly did expect this, I've seen threads similiar to this in ATS where the requests of the posters have been honored. And for your information, I didn't post this to BTS, it was moved by the moderator


Then again, I could ask: "What did you expect when replying this thread, a warm welcome?"

Anyways, as schrodingers dog put it, this is a perfect example of reverse psychology - I thought that it only work for kids of certain age. Seems that my second post wasn't so out of place afterall...

I intented to reply this thread myself when updating thread information, but since you have so efficiently demonstrated that it was utterly stupid idea, I may have to think something else and let this thread live the life of it's own.

Best wishes,

-v the compost

P.S Thanks for the flowers.


Who's retarded ?
Who's stupid ?

I don't consider most of the posts in this thread are a result of reverse psychology or retarded behavior.

You posted this thread in ATS "whatever" forum as a reference to YOUR threads.It's was then moved to the members forum.

So You think you just make a grocery list where people CAN"T post.
I think this thread has become an exploration of EGO.
Histrionic behavior.
A host of other aspects of human nature.

I can only image which forum you originally posted this thread.

I think this thread is nothing more than an attempt at self promotion.
Veiled lightly as a reference to your MOST interesting threads.
Which would be your own
It would of been even more telling if you linked it in your signature and repeatedly referenced to it in your posts.

As stated earlier these "most interesting thread" threads would suffocate every forum at ATS. We all have profiles,they list our posts,our threads.
All I have to do is click on your name at the top of your posts.

I guess your thinking was flawed.



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin

I think this thread is nothing more than an attempt at self promotion.
Veiled lightly as a reference to your MOST interesting threads.
Which would be your own
It would of been even more telling if you linked it in your signature and repeatedly referenced to it in your posts.

As stated earlier these "most interesting thread" threads would suffocate every forum at ATS. We all have profiles,they list our posts,our threads.
All I have to do is click on your name at the top of your posts.

I guess your thinking was flawed.


As always, you are entitled to your opinion. About what you said about the profile, is true - however, my intention was also to include posts of other people in this thread. Also, there are no abstracts in public profile, but instead threads show merely titles, and 3 of most recent one few lines from beginning. Hence I attempted to make such thread.

-v



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0
 


Do you see the irony of "bellowing"the word retarded in a post after:

Someone posted a link to a thread that offers FREE university courses?

The discovery of the smallest possible tri-state switch possible ?

A link to a thread that will save you in an emergency or major catastrophe?
you won't have to starve or go to an emergency shelter,one that may save your life.

A reference thread that will help you to resources that will make yourself sufficient and give you the ability to live off the grid should it collapse ?



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just thought I'd reply... as you asked us to OP.
How are you this fine and lovely day?


Well I'll be posting some stuff later.
I hope you like it.





posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup
 


Quite fine thanks!

By the way, I am an idiot. I don't know nothing and am a composting retard
I do also apologize if I have offended anyone, maybe it was an overreaction to label people as retards. But somehow I think that they didn't quite get the idea what I had with my OP. It wasn't just about my threads or myself; there would've been threads of others in following posts, but since this thread is now ruined in that sense.. Well, there's no point.

Everyone, have a nice day and 1st advent.

-v



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0
 




Glad you're doing well my friend.
Don't worry about calling people retards... I'm sure nobody took it personally, i didn't.... which is why i posted a humorous dig at you with the picture in my last post



Take it easy mate.



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
As always, you are entitled to your opinion. About what you said about the profile, is true - however, my intention was also to include posts of other people in this thread. Also, there are no abstracts in public profile, but instead threads show merely titles, and 3 of most recent one few lines from beginning. Hence I attempted to make such thread.
-v

...and that is only accessible to members.
would you like me to continue along that vein ?



posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   





posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I don't think you're a retard V01i0, I think you're
just diect to the point.
ATS/BTS could do with more like you here, you're warm,
sensitive and you know what you want in life.
Well done, I say Sir!



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I know from personally being assumed to being 'different'
what it feels like to have a different view on life.
All I can say V01i0, is you've gotta friend in me.

I am sorry if I've offended you by replying to this
thread, I'll make it short (a little like me! giggle!)
and wish you peace and joy as you travel around this site.

Don't let the others bother you, it may be your good looks
that they envy (you are good lookin' aren't you?)

Feel free to u2u if you wish to continue.
I understand.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well, at lest I am mature enough not to reply to this thread.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves!
What kind of forum is this where you can't even start a thread without people replying to it?
It feels like we are having more and more of this here at ATS.

I remember back in the day when nobody replied to no-one.
Those were the days.

*goes back to reading magazine*



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I've just seen your remark about abstractions...
I'm a little grey on that area, could you enlarge?
Sorry for posting again.

I know your busy.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Well, at lest I am mature enough not to reply to this thread.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves!
What kind of forum is this where you can't even start a thread without people replying to it?
It feels like we are having more and more of this here at ATS.

I remember back in the day when nobody replied to no-one.
Those were the days.

*goes back to reading magazine*

Who the heck do you think you are?
This man (I'm guessin' he's a man) has post his heart and soul on the line
to show us what he thinks and everyone is hating him for it.
I'm certainly not 'ashamed' as you put it, not even when I wear my best
frock.
Your walk back down memory lane remark shows that you're from
a time when the world was possibly an easier sunny place.
Not now Sir I say, this guy is here to kick ass!





 
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join