It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Climate Science Coalition Caught Lying About Temperature Trends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Looks like there's quite a bit of action on the 'Anti-Global Warming' front down below today.

New Zealand Climate Science Coalition caught lying about temperature trends

The latest story exciting the denialosphere is being put about by Anthony Watts and is based on a "news alert" from the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition. (Note: New Zealand Climate Science Coalition contains no actual climate scientists.)

The New Zealand Government's chief climate advisory unit NIWA is under fire for allegedly massaging raw climate data to show a global warming trend that wasn't there.

The scandal breaks as fears grow worldwide that corruption of climate science is not confined to just Britain's CRU climate research centre. ...

Gareth Renowden explains how the NZCSC concocted their result -- they made the NZ warming trend go away by treating measurements from different sites as if they came from the same site. Now that might be simple incompetence, but they also claim that NIWA won't explain how they adjust the data for site changes, and as Renowden says:

Nothing in the station histories? It's all there for anyone who can be bothered to look, or to ask politely. But Treadgold and the NZ CSC have no excuse, because the NZ CSC were told about this information at least two years ago, the last time they tried to make a fuss about "adjusted data". In other words, Treadgold and whoever in the NZ CSC helped him with the data are being more than economical with the truth, they are lying through their teeth.

I wonder how many of the folks accusing NIWA of cooking their data will correct their posts?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

I wonder how many of the folks accusing NIWA of cooking their data will correct their posts?

These people have no shame. So I would guess none. Wattatwit is mainly populated by a bunch of credulous moroni. Only the occasional posts of Leif Svalgaard are worth reading.

You did spoil my fun, though. Hey-ho.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by melatonin]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Aww, I assume like those at drudge the OP misinterpreted this article.

The liars weren't who they thought they were, lol. Talk about posting stuff without engaging the brain.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Aww, I assume like those at drudge the OP misinterpreted this article.

The liars weren't who they thought they were, lol. Talk about posting stuff without engaging the brain.

I notice you didn't provide anything backing up your self-indulgence. Please explain, if it doesn't strain you too badly? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Drudge posted the article thinking it was an attack on climate science.

Yet it was actually showing the deception of a group of deniers attacking climate scientists.

He's a hack. And I think you think you made the same mistake (given I had you on ignore for likely good reasons).

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Drudge posted the article thinking it was an attack on climate science.

Yet it was actually showing the deception of a group of deniers attacking climate scientists.

He's a hack. And I think you think you made the same mistake (given I had you on ignore for likely good reasons).

I notice once again you don't provide a source for your accusations.

Why did you take me off ignore if it was such good reasons to to put me on it? I personally like to read your mental masturbations here at ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks, nice to know.

I took you off ignore because I was surprised I put you on ignore when you posted this blog post of Tim's. Then I read the other post you made and saw you're actually a fan of denialism. That's fine of course. Your prerogative.

What accusation? That you posted this without understanding what it was about? Or that drudge did the same?

Drudge is an outlet for climate denial propaganda - part of the Marc Morano BS team. No way he posted this understanding what it was about. Indeed, Tim's blog was unindated by the simpletons clicking through from drudge.

For you, just an opinion. The fact the thread was left to die sort of consolidated for me with the other evidence, such as your short comment in the OP. Moreover, you come across as a fan of drudge.

Ciao.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by melatonin]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Drudge is a news outlet just as any other. Denying it is just ignorance. I do believe global climate change is real and is driven by nature, not by mankind. All the measures being taken globally to control carbon emissions is strictly for further control over the masses, nothing else. Control energy and you control the people.

Can you please put me back on your ignore list, and don't take me back off for any reason? Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join