It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second coming of Jesus? when will it happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_topo
Since "no man knows the hour" its important that all men know Christ as soon as possible, because it could be 10 minutes or 1000 years.

So true el_topo. As i have been saying, a lot of things have to happen before Jesus returns.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by infinite]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As some folks have noted...No man knoweth the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man cometh.
Also...He shall come like a thief in the night.

This lets me know that no matter what anyone says about things that need to be accomplished or already accomplished that a trumpet scould sound at any time.

Also, death from natural causes may be much closer than a rapture.

MORE CRITICAL THAN WHEN HE RETURNS IS...... I John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Once is not enough it is reapeated in 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christis come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

So is Jesus Christ already on earth or not??
Be careful about getting so caught up looking for him to return that you miss his current presence.

He is here presently.

Seek after God.

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas

And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

There is evidence out there that proved that Jesus did infact live

Infinite, are you positive about this? From my research, there is no conclusive historical evidence to prove his existence. The Romans, Dead Sea Scrolls never wrote about Jesus, and the only evidence we are left with is scriptual, which can hardly be regarded as hard factual proof.

I cannot vouche for Marge's other comments, though it seems that the coming has been fortold many times.

Getting back to the topic at hand. From Biblical sources, it says that the second coming will be almost impossible to predict, as will be the identity of the Anti-Christ. I guess we'll just wait and see untill it occurs.

Deep

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

TextInfinite, are you positive about this? From my research, there is no conclusive historical evidence

Yes it is evidence that a jesus type of person or prophet existed but he was just a man that was against the rules of the time, now how he became the son of god and born of a virgin that is a controvercy and had to do with the church.
He was consider a wanted man at the time because he was stirring things for the romans and his popularity with the people was growing, I see him as a politician or trouble maker.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
From Biblical sources, it says that the second coming will be almost impossible to predict, as will be the identity of the Anti-Christ. I guess we'll just wait and see untill it occurs.
[Edited on 21-5-2004 by ZeroDeep]

Dosn't this answer as to the identity of an anti-Christ??

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBlack
If Jesus does come back that means Satan will too. Right?
YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Rock on!

If he did come back, why would it be during the turn of the millenimum? Did people believe that he would come back at the turn of 1000?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No. We're not in the last days.

Yes, there are apocalyptic Christian cults. They've always been around. They've always prophesied the "second coming any minute now." It hasn't happened in the last 2,000 years.

No, the world is getting better, not worse. At one time it was legal to marry a 3 year old girl, legal to beat your wife and kids to death, legal to kill anyone who looked at you funny, legal to sell your kinfolk into slavery, legal to kill foreigners and take their children (age 10 and younger) to be your sex slaves (this is in the Bible, folks. That's what "females who have never known a man" are... little girs, 10 and younger,) legal to torture and kill enemies, legal to rape women, legal to rape children... and so forth and so on.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ummm yeah at one point this was legal, but lets not pretend that it was legal any time recently in the history of the USA.

Can you please show us where the Bible was ok with 10 yr old sex slaves?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
After the 2000 years of jesus not coming the churches have stop predicting his coming. The last prediction ended with David Koresh, aka jesus, leader of branch davidian. Obviously was becoming to tragic.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonnaIf he did come back, why would it be during the turn of the millenimum? Did people believe that he would come back at the turn of 1000?

In fact, they did. There was a lot of hysteria over it, and thousands of people fled their homes to avoid the coming wrath. On Judgement night, many stayed out all night, praying.

Here's a list of other "reliable dates" for Jesus' return:
home.intekom.com...

BTW, the person who wrote this (cited in the link at the top of the page) eventually fell victim to the millennial rapture of 2000, and fled the US for the safety of Iceland to escape the beginning of The Tribulation. He's back in the US now, still holding a countdown for the Rapture. So far, he has batted a total zero.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ab2tw
ummm yeah at one point this was legal, but lets not pretend that it was legal any time recently in the history of the USA.

Can you please show us where the Bible was ok with 10 yr old sex slaves?

Which makes my point: things are getting better, not worse.

And as to the sex slaves, remember that Jewish law of the time of the Old Testament said that you could legally take to wife/concubine a girl who had reached three years and one day old.

There's numerous examples, but Numbers 31 will do for a start: 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
19 "All of you who have killed anyone or touched anyone who was killed must stay outside the camp seven days. On the third and seventh days you must purify yourselves and your captives.

Girls in those societies were married by age 11-14. So unmarried girls would be 10 or younger. And those captives became wives/concubines. It was legal in those days.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Bible says that Jesus will return in the same manner as he left.
Can anyone explain how exactly he did that ? In other words, how is he due to return ? From the air or from being born to another 'Mary' ?
How will we recognise him ?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
The Bible says that Jesus will return in the same manner as he left.
Can anyone explain how exactly he did that ? In other words, how is he due to return ? From the air or from being born to another 'Mary' ?
How will we recognise him ?

I thought the bible stated that Jesus would return "like a thief in the night"? Forgive me as it has been quite a while since I read the thing. Lots of violence, but not enough steamy romance for me.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

TextHere's a list of other "reliable dates" for Jesus' return

I have the same sources and days, I got them from a book written by Tim C. Leedom I did not put them on the thread because it was to lenghty.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A limestone burial box, almost 2,000 years old, may provide the oldest archeological record of Jesus of Nazareth, experts announced Monday.

The ossuary, as the bone boxes are known, dates to A.D. 63 and has an inscription in Aramaic which translates to: "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus," said Andre Lemaire, an expert in ancient writing who identified the box in Jerusalem last spring.

Aramaic, an ancient Semitic language, was the lingua franca of the Middle East for many centuries. At the time of Jesus' life, Aramaic was the common language of the Jews.

Writing about his findings in the new issue of Biblical Archaeology Review, Lemaire, who teaches at the Sorbonne in Paris, called it "very probable" that the box belonged to Jesus' brother James, who by Christian tradition was the leader of the early church in Jerusalem.

Some scholars expressed doubt that the box, which is 20 inches long by 11 inches wide, could be definitively linked to Jesus, a Jewish carpenter by trade revered by Christians as the son of God.

"We may never be absolutely certain. In the work I do we're rarely absolutely certain about anything," said Kyle McCarter, a Johns Hopkins University archaeologist, who said that the finding was probable, but that he had "a bit of doubt."

While most scholars agree that Jesus existed, no physical evidence from the first century has ever been conclusively tied with his life.

Two scientists from the Israeli government's geological survey tested the box last month, inspecting the surface patina and inscription under a microscope. They concurred that the object is more than 19 centuries old, the archaeology magazine reported.

"It's hard to avoid the conclusion that these three names refer to the personages so identified in the New Testament," said Hershel Shanks, editor of Biblical Archaeology Review.

Link

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
www.sullivan-county.com...

As an expert on scripts and an historian of writing systems, I was asked to examine this inscription and make a report. I did.

The bone-box is original; the first inscription, which is in Aramaic, "Jacob son of Joseph," is authentic. The second half of the inscription, "brother of Jesus," is a poorly executed fake and a later addition. This report has already been distributed on at least two scholarly lists.

Please note that the fraud is so blatant that I did not bother to go into extreme detail on whether the faked addition is supposed to be Hebrew or Aramaic. (If that's a vav, -- then it's Hebrew, not Aramaic; if it's yod, then it's says 'my brother', not 'his brother' or 'brother of'. By no stretch of the imagination can one claim this to be in Aramaic... 'of' in Aramaic is 'di'.)

You have to be blind as a bat not to see that the second part is a fraud.

This was debunked my freind as a fraud. Im sure some other members can vouch regarding this.

Deep

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
deep, we will just have to wait and see. Also there is apparently a book, which you can buy, about the secret life of Jesus in India.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yes and his forcoming shall and will be postponed for decades if not centuries to come, just as it always has...

Deep

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Is the testimonium of the Jewish historian Josephus authentic? Or, is it a forgery? If so, is it a forgery in whole or does it contain, at the very least, a passing authentic reference to Jesus that has been embellished? As we consider these questions we must first consider Josephus� place in history.

Born in A.D. 37 through the Hasmonean family bloodline who ruled in Jerusalem a century before his time, Josephus received an excellent education which eventually led him to take up occupational careers as politician, historian, and soldier. Of these three, Josephus has been hailed as a great politician and historian but has received criticism throughout history for being a weak soldier. Sources tell us that during the Jewish-Roman War (A.D. 66 to 74) Josephus surrendered to the Roman General Vespasian during the siege of Jotapata instead of following the lead of his colleagues who committed suicide. Josephus, being the interesting character that he is, simply changed sides and began to defend Rome, and history has apparently not forgotten. As a new citizen of Roman, he found time to compose a number of works in which he sought to justify his actions to the Jews where his skills as politician and historian were put to use.

In one of these works, The Antiquities, Josephus is attributed as making reference to Jesus Christ, the founder of the Christian movement, where he appears to provide sweeping corroboration to His life, miracles, death, and resurrection. The passage as it stands reads:

"Now at this time, Jesus arose. He was a wise man (if he must actually be described as a man), for he was a doer of remarkable deeds, a teacher of people who receive the truth with delight. He persuaded both many Jewish people and many of the Greeks as well. He was the Messiah. And after Pilate had punished him with a cross at the instigation of high ranking men among us, those who loved him at first did not stop because he appeared to them living again on the third day - the divine prophets had predicted these and countless other marvelous things about him. Even now, the group named after this man, the Christians, has still not disappeared" (Ant., 18.3:3).

Link

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Um, I don't think He ever left us. In fact, I think He is constantly around us, in the face of a homeless man we ignore or in a rainstorm or in a moment of swift insight we might have. He sees us when we're sleeping, he knows if we've been bad or good -- just like Santa, only this is real. He doesn't need to split the heavens open & march w/an army of angels to the pulsating beat of fanfare & drums--He didn't do that the first time, & He has too much class to do that now. The Anti-Christ on the other hand...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join