It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDIC Reserve Is Gone.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Okay...and on the news this morning, financial experts said the recession is turning now and that the Amercian economy will rise over the next three years.
I am very sorry, but I just can't see that happening.

It's called "lying", something the MSM is going to have to do in full force.

The house is burning and everyone smells smoke, but they are telling us that nothing is on fire

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
First a little reference

A Zombie Bank refers to a financial institution with an economic net worth that is less than zero, but which continues to operate because its ability to repay its debts is shored up by implicit or explicit government credit support

For months now FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair has warned the days of these Zombie Banks are numbered. just yesterday she announced 552 banks were on their "Problem List" we are talking Trillions of dollars at stake Really its more, much more but the FDIC only covers $250,000 per account

Where the real danger lies now is Zombie institutions face runs by uninsured depositors and margin calls from counterparties in derivatives transactions. if that happens before the FDIC can secure more funding we could see a domino effect spilling over to the few health banks...

Ah... I don't Speculate I call em as I see em and yeah I know what I'm talking about...scary isn't it?
Some light reading

PS: Bair is one tough lady... glad she's on our side... just a real shame Washington won’t listen to her

[edit on 25-11-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Hey i wasn't being sarcastic ... I absolutely agree with you i r starred your post

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

sorry if it sound like I was ragging on you, didn't mean it that way... see the thing is I know to much for for my own good. In my twisted little mind I can only foresee a few probable outcomes ay this point... all them require walking a razor fine edge... we are literary a hairs breath away from form things turning really bad and honestly I'm a little scared.

Best case we end up with a national banking system, worse case... lets not go there.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Smells like another bailout coming up. The question is how many other things will they role into it?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

OK if you read the following carefully.

Originally posted by reasonable

Oh, it's happening. USA is too big to fail, so China will see to it we get back on track. So it's going to be tough times ahead for the GOP, economy on the upswing.. universal health care a success. All their hopes that America crashes have been dashed and they will be further marginalized.

USA is too big to fail, so China will see to it we get back on track.

Reasonable states that China will see us back on track. Then you reply...

Originally posted by conspiracyrus

Everything you just said .... sounds like wishful thinking,

China doesn't want our debt anymore

GOP seems to be on the rise

and Health care spending hasn't even begun yet

I think you should take some time to get a grip

You say that it is wishful thinking and begin to state how China doesn't want our debt any more? It has nothing to do with Reasonable's original comment. China has existing debt with us and will help us because they don't want to lose the debt they have. I will repeat this since you are ignoring this part of my reply.

It China has existing debt with us and will help us because they don't want to lose the debt they have.

It China has existing debt with us and will help us because they don't want to lose the debt they have.

So let me ask you this. What about the existing debt? You've never responded to my comments properly. China has every incentive to see us through this mess and we are in economic recovery as we speak.

You ignore this piece of information and just link to outside news articles. I think those who are more objective can see how one sided your reply was. Stop spreading economic fear.

Do you know anything about FDIC other than propaganda you read on the internet? Do you know what FDIC does with assets and what banks do when they start running out of money? You don't so you should "shut it."

You are only doing harm to uneducated people who will take your propaganda as facts. People like you hurt the economy is ways you will never understand. Now like you stated before "shut it" and go out and spend some money if you care about the economy so much.

I will stop replying to your posts unless you have something of value to add instead of fear mongering. YOU ARE FEAR MONGERING. I say fear mongering a lot of times because the average person will believe your fear mongering. You guys understand what fear mongering is correct?

edit: I repeat a lot of things because it is important to take in the information. This is a forum and we are here to discuss. Not link to outside forums and FEAR MONGER.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by jimmyjohen]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjohen

So what recourse does china go about helping the us "get back on track"? Possibly Investing in the us's future? and wait a sec they arent going to use that recourse once again you are out of context and out of line ... shh now please

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

and what happens to the "investors" to the banks when they are proven insolvent .... when the FDIC is also insolvent... bad mojo in deed

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OK this goes to show how ignorant you are. Have you any experience in real life or do you get all your "experience" on the internet?

Your points are laughable. You haven't the slightest idea of anything other than FEAR MONGERING.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Your hilarious bud ... you don't answer my questions but demand answers from me? You suffer from selective reading ... I answered your questions you have yet to answer mine one more outburst and ill have no choice but to ignore you.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus

Your hilarious bud ... you don't answer my questions but demand answers from me? You suffer from selective reading ... I answered your questions you have yet to answer mine one more outburst and ill have no choice but to ignore you.

Selective reading? What questions have you asked me? Ask me now and be clear. I will put a stop to this FEAR MONGERING.

Again. What questions have you asked me on this thread? Please use quotes. If you are mistaking me for someone else ask again please.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

What recourse would china take to "get the US back on track"?

seeing as they will no longer buy debt ....

your answer?

Its about 3 posts up you should read them again....

[edit on 25-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You can't ask a question and answer it yourself. It seemed like you were just talking to yourself.

Answer: China is currently experience a growth in their GDP. US made products are in high demand and absorption is very strong. Which contribute to the US GDP.

China made goods are also in high demand due to the US consumers becoming more cost aware. Profits made by distributors of Chinese goods will be distributed in our economy.

Chinese banks will also be able to fund projects world wide due to their strong banking structure, which the US will also benefit from. China won't carry the US out of economic struggle, but it will definitely contribute significantly.

This is a simple answer.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

sources to your facts? plz n thank you ... and i didnt answer my own question i just made sure you didnt say ... "by buying our debt"

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What would be a reliable source for you? If you want me to link to a website, then you can help yourself to a google search.

I speak from experience and observation as I am in the financial/international trade industry.

But I can't leave without linking some kind of source right?

Bloomberg

edit: notice how COCA COLA, a US corp is aiming to TRIPLE sales by DOUBLING bottling plants in CHINA.

Thank you people and do not be a victim of FEAR MONGERING.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I fail to see how this is supposed to help the us government, or the people of the united states.... that article actually says that china is on the up and coming ... Meaning the debt that we owe them becomes less of boon to them.

So I will ask again what recourse will china take in helping out the US?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Please attend your local community college for Economic 101.

Profits = taxation = governments get more money.

Profits = spending = simulate economy.

There is no more things I can explain to you if you don't know the fundamentals.

And do you know China is run by CCP a.k.a. communists.

edit: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

so your saying that one company's taxes will pay off our 12 trillion dollar debt?

and furthermore that china is doing this in the interest of the us? it sound more like china will profit the most ... and china profiting doesnt mean US profiting...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You fail to grasp the big picture.

It's not just one company. Coca Cola is one of thousands upon thousands of US companies who benefit like Coca Cola does.

It doesn't matter if China benefits more. It still benefits US economy.

3 times.

Please do not attempt to argue semantics.

DO NOT BE A VICTIM OF FEAR MONGERING.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

but that's the thing ... coca cola didn't even comment on whether they were going to build those plants ... secondly how is this geared towards helping the US it seems as if anyone can get a slice of the pie... its not fear mongering guy.

lets not derail this thread any longer ... how about you make a thread about how china ... without buying the US's debt is going to swoop in and save us and well continue the discussion there

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join