It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some interesting pictures from Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pterra

OK, you found the mudguard from the Pick Up in this Pic, where are
the other parts of the Car?

Rocks? on Mars? Fake Rocks:

Machine part?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Very nice post, I`ll check the full resolution pictures tonight when I get home from work. Star and Flagged.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5dae1d05db51.jpg[/atsimg]

check this one

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I would love to think the there was a civilization on mars and maybe there was.

As kids and adults don't we look at the clouds and say ohh that LOOKS like a fish or a dog ect, I think this is more than likley the same thing. People are seeing patterns that they want to see.

I would happily be wrong.

To quote Sherlock holmes "If you eliminate all the possibilites, what ever is left no matter how improbable must be the truth"

I think we are far from eliminating all the possilites.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by jpmail]

[edit on 25-11-2009 by jpmail]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
One of these days I'm going to look at one of these Mars "anomalies" threads and there will be something other than rocks... well.. a man can dream.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys have never been on a hike before, seriously.

I mean if you think these rocks are interesting, I live right in the rocky mountains, you should come up here and we can go "rock watching" together.

Rock watching: When cloud watching just doesn't cut it anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
To me, the sculpture you refer to actually looks like two separate rocks, one closer to the foreground which is perpendicular to the one in the background.

Mars definitely has potential for life, or the previous existence of life.

-Nasa have discovered large amounts of frozen water both in the polar caps, and in permafrost under the Martian surface.

-Evidence has also been found of sedimentary rocks on Mars which are typically formed in the presence of liquid water.

I read lots of these investigations and papers people have quoted as 'proof of life on Mars' and really none of them amount to much. All they are is some NASA rover picture with red arrows and rings pointing to peculiar looking rock shapes.

I hope that most of us are in the business of truth and scientific empiricism. So by all means I welcome you to say "Hey! this rock looks funny, maybe we should see what it is." But jumping to the conclusion that its proof of life on Mars doesn't help anybody.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Bloody hell this one interesting post, the skull and bones is just crazy, where can i get the HQ pic so i can have a closer look?? cheers

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I love these threads! Whether there's actually anything weird going on I don't know, but it's fun to scan through these photos anyway

So using the OP's link to the 180mb file I downloaded it and found this very interesting rock

[edit on 25/11/2009 by blobzilla]

[edit on 25/11/2009 by blobzilla]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think I was looking at the wrong rocks, could you please post an image that shows better the rocks that were supposedly removed from the greyscale image?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi Icerider, and thanks again for the pics of Spirit's location on Mars. Here is

what I have concluded over the years of viewing photos from all known

missions to Mars. The Mars Beings and there are quite a variety can phase

shift or stealth themselves in front of the camera. You will see many objects

in the 3rd dimension but will see many more in the fourth dimension.

I assure you these Mars Beings are there and to prove what I say look into

your first photo that you enclosed with geometric red pattern lines on

the left hand side of that particular photo. Within the enclosed red patterned

lines in the middle toward the bottom of photo is multiple Martian lifeforms.

99.9% of humans on Earth will not see them at first until they learn to train

their eyes on these lifeforms. They will not have the patience and must block

out all background light that tends to blind human eyes. If a drawing is

presented of what I see then many will finally see what I am talking about in

the photo.

These sentries you talk about are real and can duplicate and replicate

themselves and I call it nano cyborgs gone wild. The first time I actually had

seen a sentry was in a photo of the Pathfinder Sojourner mission and it

looked like a lolly pop design with the top part of the lolly pop cut off with a

thicker body where the stick would be located and it is mobile. I knew

immediately what it was when I first saw it and if you approached or

breached it's guarded position what ever was near by would be destroyed or

killed. How did I know this, because of a memory of being on Mars in a past

life.

Ridiculed by most, but who cares I am giving you my honest observation and

this is the tip of the iceburg I have shared with you Ice. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Most interesting indeed.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, Heres the original NASA material, showing what I see as a pipe, or tunnel, along with my 'sentinels'

And this is the same are, but in the new, B&W NASA picture - on the website it says that's where they are trying to head spirit towards

Hope that clarifies things a bit!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

Thanks, it does.

There are two problems with that comparison:

1 - The photos were not taken with the same camera. While the panoramic camera (the one used for the colour image) has a more zoom-like lens, the navigation camera (the one used for the greyscale image) has a wide angle lens to show a wider field of view to help navigation. That makes things look farther away and with less detail.

2 - The greyscale photo is not more recent, it's from before Spirit got stuck on the loose soil. The colour images were taken between Sol 1906 and Sol 1943, the greyscale photo was taken on Sol 1870. Spirit got stuck in the soil near the "rock garden".

Edit: after thinking about it, I have to say that I am not sure if the navigation camera has a different lens or not, sorry about that.

[edit on 25/11/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Mars has some of the most amazing and beautiful geology ever seen by mankind. You would think that folks would be happy enough to just admire these images of amazing and gorgeous formations on their own, rather than look for "lost civilizations" in every image they come across. Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe some civilization visited Mars millions of years ago, perhaps even stayed a while. But grasping at every little rock or geological feature that looks "alien" as being an "artifact" of some kind, is a little futile imho.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Although the 'scorpion' is interesting but I think it looks like a bunch of small rocks massed together. Adding the fact that it's right on the edge of some of the photo stitching and it isn't convincing me it's a creature.
The pipe looks like a ridge to me, although if you zoom out the top right of that piping area almost looks like a path, or road.

I love looking at these

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hello again, the scorpian it a funny shaped rock broken in half, i would like to know where the other half is.

the break looks clean very clean

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
An interesting "anomaly" on planet Mars...

The wreckages of some strange crashed vehicle?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
An other unusual "four legs" object: A “Martian device ” ?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Does anyone know what i am looking at in this link to the NASA Mars Exploration Rover Mission photo? It looks like a roof at the top middle of the picture. If you enlarge the photo, it looks like evenly spaced markers from left to right.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join