It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some interesting pictures from Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi ATS

I would like to share the following with you all. Basically a series of pictures I have cropped from JPL.
The original composite is titled 'Calypso' Panorama of Spirit's View from 'Troy', and you can find it at this address :- marsrovers.nasa.gov...

The picture is dated 26th August, 2009, and shows a 360 degree collage, as photographed by the stricken spirit rover. Its rendered in false colour, as it has been approximated to what NASA think it should look like.

The panorama looks like this.....

But please be aware this is a low res copy. Too see any of the stuff I am showing here, you will need the full (181mb) version from the link above.

I have added names to the picture, because I like to label what I'm looking at, and to help you find the items below, but I don't want to sensationalise this by claiming anything to be other than what it is. My eyes are not young, and EVERYTHING is open to interpretation
Apart from one edge detect, and one negative, all I have done is blown up and sharpened the original material.

I hope it will entertain!

First a 'rock' formation, I labelled it the Sculpture - hard to imagine its natural.

Here it is again, but using an edge detect filter (I wanted to see if it was all one piece)

Odd?

Ok, another strange formation I found. I am prepared to accept this could be due to erosion, I realise it can perform tricks on us, but anyway, it looks like a piece of rounded, bent metal to me, so I called it the Mudguard

Created by the wind?
Here it is, but in the negative

AND moving right along..... The scorpion

No, I have no idea either, and its in false colour, but it certainly doesnt't look like its surroundings.

Now, In the panorama above, I have labeled an area in the top left corner 'ET?'. You need to think in terms of the Mexican type globe swarms when looking at this. I realise its highly speculative, and I'm offering it to gain as many other peoples perspectives as possible. I have looked at this for ages - the items seem to big for the background, and the shadows are wrong, but they certainly don't belong in the foreground. I don't think I have 'captured' all of them here, either - I guess I spent about two hours finding whats presented in this link. Ok, I admit I'm afraid of being called a loony! Too bad.....

I am REALLY interested in your take on that one, because from here on it does get a bit edgy - here's a sentinel

s

and another

and another

And what are they guarding? Well, I think it may be this pipeline or tunnel

Notice the mysterious black shape over the crest of the hill.

Finally, here's the pipe with the hillside it disappears into - it looks almost like its been bulldozed over to me.

I KNOW there is going to be a lot of dissent over these pictures, but i would ask anyone to check out the original BEFORE they shout hoax or fraud. I may well be 100% wrong in my interpretations, but I can assure you that all you see IS there to be found, possibly a whole lot more. Also interesting that Spirit was disabled.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
UPDATE!!

Just checked the mission status - still disabled, but look at the current picture, for the intemded direction of travel!

Check out this image

Here

Look familiar?
Now download it and try to find the sentinels and the pipe - THEY HAVE BLURRED them OUT!.

Well I never.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Icerider]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Star & Flag!

I love threads like these, they leave a lot to the imagination, and my mind goes wild sometimes.

I hope it will entertain!

You did not disappoint!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
one of those pictures says rock garden. thats all it is.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
nice rocks.

I'd love to see an alien or ship one of these days

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

It's an interesting photo. I downloaded the 181mb original and looked around, and I found many curious things. There's a rock in the middle-bottom part that appears to be bright red (I'm aware that the colors have been changed by Nasa), and another rock that looks like a perfect rectangle.

I'd say that it's _way_ more likely that it's just regular ol' rocks, but it's fun to look at.

By the way, noticed how most rocks seem to be "layered"? Like several flat rocks on top of each other.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
very interesting,i look forward to taking a look at the original picture and seeing what is to be seen.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Your first rock is interesting but the rest don't make me raise an eyebrow.

However back to the first rock.

It looks equally symmetrical and spaced on both sides, with a center piece in the middle. Along with this it also looks like there are some engravings embedded in to the middle of the center piece of the rock in question.

From this picture that you have posted here and from that angle, I'd say that you have found another strong piece of evidence that can be thrown in to the slowly building mountain of evidence for past (or present, who's to know?) life on mars.

Good find and well done

I have also included a link to a nice, modest, scientific approach to life or past life on the red planet. Take a further look if your interested guys.

Thanks for you time

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Isnt it remarkeble that the moon hasnt got such pictures after so many years. And Mars looks like planet earth close by the grand canyon..

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Very interesting images.

Good find! S&F.

We don't know what are that strange "rocks" but we must begin to believe that different forms of life can be formed on Mars and that Mars is still alive and kicking....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good find star+flag ,interesting objects
What I find more interesting about this picture is NASA seems to have toned down the red in their "false color" image , the sky looks like sky and not a red fuzz .

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You guys really think the organization of 'Secret Space Programs' would allow 'NASA' to publicly publish photographs of structures or crafts on Mars/Moon?
All that we have as publicly accessible photography of Mars & Moon is a small minute percentage of the actual information taken.. something less than 0.1% of all the photographs ever produced of Mars & Moon have actually been made public, many of the publicly accessible imagery has been altered in some form, be it blurring, merging, exposure, or coloration...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
yyou know lad, in your final picture, where you are going on about some black thing on a hill.. if you pan to the left... looks alot like a thru way. an unpaved road of you will. look how flat it is in comparison, and look how the rocks are curiously aranged to either side. I would say one of two things.
1) the picture is indeed a hoax, but not perpetrated by you. like something right here in say... I dont know... maybe, hmmm 29 palms anyone?
or
2) Not only are the rocks parted, and mysteriously along a ridge line but there is also what appears to be vegitation. (the greenish looking stuff) so option two is, perhaps mars being allegedly bereft of life, holds more merrit as a quad runners wet dream, and has for quite some time.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

No, they were not "blurred out", they still there, only farther away.

I don't have the time now to post an annotated image, but I suggest you start by the far away features and come gradually closer to the rover, you will find them just as I did, only they appear much smaller.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Can you say that is a rock?
Lift like that?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7361032625a.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add this detail:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11f4f936137e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-11-2009 by pterra]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ive tried what you suggest, ArMap, but I don't see them.

What I see in the original is a pipe partially buried on what appears to be a bulldozed hillside (thanks, stanlee).

What I see in the later, b/w pic is bad 'airbrushing', to make that all disappear.

I'm betting that they wont get the rover moving again, at least, not in THAT direction

Thanks to all for your opinions and comments.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Excellent find Icerider do not be deterred by comments about what you see and

what you think you see. Most will not be able to see all these things that you

have drawn lines around. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Very interesting images and analysis, icerider. The first two areas of interest in particular.

I could almost believe I'm looking at many places in the southwest US.

Good job, mon. Your eyes are much better than mine

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I looked at 105MB-size photo 'cause the 181MB never connected to download, and I have cable access! Anyway, I scanned every bit of the 105MB and I saw a lot of interestingly-shaped rocks. Almost every photo released shows interesting rocks and some individuals like to claim that they have to be fossils of this or that. The only item that I found to be of real interest was what looked like a long, wooden plank. That was impressive. But not being able to do anything more than stare at a photo of a far-off place, it has to be considered just another rock.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That last photo here almost looks like a wreckage. I wonder if the reason we are sending drones to these places is because something went wrong with a human mission. All this is very eerie to me and im getting bad vibes... very very strange i have never had these feelings before over rover photo's. Interesting.

edit : i wonder is anyone else getting strange vibes?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by BetweenTheLine]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join