It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturday Night Live Rips Pres. Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
SNL: China Cold Open

Well, it seems some in the MSM have decided the honeymoon is over.
Is this a preview of things to come?
Or is SNL just "going rogue"?

EDIT

[edit on 22-11-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Didn't Dana Carvey "rip" Bush Sr.? Didn't Phil Hartman "rip" Clinton?

Its nothing new, or special.

And definatly not something to create a thread about. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Excuse me???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is conspiracy of the media, or are you mad?

Did they pick on your messiah?

Tell you what, if you can come up with 5 examples of things that ObaMao has done differently than Bush, I will let you off the hook.

Otherwise, let me explain something to you. SNL always parodies presidents. ALWAYS.

What is the fracking funniest thing about this skit? It is ALL TRUE! No need to parody. ObaMao is a fracking joke personified.

Dictionaries that have political parodies in them in the future will have ObaMao pictured next to the definition!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Just think if the Chinese leaders think Mr. Obama "wants to do sex with me" what the American taxpayers and busiesses feel like right now.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yep that's Funny alright.. Love SNL. Sad part is its all true!

Borrowing this money from China was a Bad move financially.. that in itself should be an impeachable offense, not to mention all the other things Obama should be impeached for.

Now you know why Obama bowed so low as that other thread shows. China has the USA over a barrel. In the long run this can only lead to worse times.. if not war.. I can see China nuking us over this. and you know.. they would be right.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I don't really know what you're getting at.

I pretty much said the same thing, SNL always does this. Dana Carvey did it, Phil Hartman did it...

I don't have a like/dislike of Obama personally. I don't know where you got your "messiah" comment.

I was just commenting about it being normal for SNL, and nothing new or special. Theres already another thread about this, I don't see the reason for this one.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
For myself, the irony and presentation by the actors is dead on concerning the logic or lack there of, of the choices mentioned.
The sadness and anger come to play when you realize that "the supposed smartest and best" our country has to govern, did in fact, make these terrible choices.
This isnt all Obama, the last 7 Presidents and both Houses spanning the administrations all have participated in this planned and premeditated fiasco.
There is no "fixing" this, other than, the people as a whole rising up against the corrupt government and taking this country over, by all means available, returning to a solid currency, assuming that debt owed china, and paying it off......
At least that way, they would see us as a people, taking matters into our own hands, rather than them having to send their collection agency after us, and by that I do mean armed, seizing, property.

This sheet isnt funny.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This page sums it up
www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well, it only took 10 months for Obama to join the president's club. He better get used to it. I hope the poor little fella's feelings won't get hurt in the process.

Perhaps these skits will help Obama to finally toughen up to his critics without calling his henchmen to silence the opposition.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Actually, I did a thread search and couldn't find any mention of this SNL skit.

Altough SNL regularly spoofs presidents, I think this time its different.
We all witnessed their success in affecting last election. This spoof of Pres. Obama was even more harsh.
On the very day Obamacare passes a major hurdle, SNL comes out of the gate ripping it.
And they also brought to attention the 800b in debt we are in to China, something the majority of Americans are unaware of.

How many average Americans watched that and have ha their perspective changed?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

Actually, I did a thread search and couldn't find any mention of this SNL skit.

Altough SNL regularly spoofs presidents, I think this time its different.
We all witnessed their success in affecting last election. This spoof of Pres. Obama was even more harsh.
On the very day Obamacare passes a major hurdle, SNL comes out of the gate ripping it.
And they also brought to attention the 800b in debt we are in to China, something the majority of Americans are unaware of.

How many average Americans watched that and have ha their perspective changed?

1. I don't think as many Americans are unaware of the debt, as there are that are aware and just don't care.

2. Do you really think the majority of Americans are going to be outraged by the fact that we are in debt to China? the truth is that we are a society that gobbles up cheap Chinese crap faster than anyone else. If we were so concerned, as a society, about supporting a country with an unacceptable human rights record, I should think we would stop buying their wares.

3. There have been stories for years and years about unfair labor practices in China -- the use of children that make next to nothing -- etc. Has this stopped or reduced imports? Nope. Every dollar store in America is still thriving. Everything I pick up off the shelves says: Made in China. Although I will admit that I have been seeing more countries' names on some items -- but certainly NOT Made in the USA.

4. SNL is a business. They feed off of the general public's current "mood". Everyone can pretty much see that the honeymoon phase of the presidency is over. If a poll came out tomorrow and said that Palin is the new hero of politics, I guarantee you Tina Fey would be back on the podium Saturday spewing nonsense in waders with a gun strapped to her back.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Excuse me???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is conspiracy of the media, or are you mad?

Did they pick on your messiah?

Tell you what, if you can come up with 5 examples of things that ObaMao has done differently than Bush, I will let you off the hook.

Otherwise, let me explain something to you. SNL always parodies presidents. ALWAYS.

What is the fracking funniest thing about this skit? It is ALL TRUE! No need to parody. ObaMao is a fracking joke personified.

Dictionaries that have political parodies in them in the future will have ObaMao pictured next to the definition!

Are you new? SNL has been making fun of political figures long before I was born. Get with the times, not everything is a conspiracy.

join