It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Video Game Villains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is nothing like a good villain to make you want to keep playing a game.
Some Raise a primal sense of hatred inside you while others are just scary
Nonetheless a good villain always makes a good game.
This is my list of the best video game villains of all time.
Feel free to post your list or comment but do remember this is my personal list. if you have your own top ten or even 20 post it below!

10) Virgil: Devil May Cry : Dante's brother calm and withdrawn unlike his brother and dressed in blue with spiky hair. And a totally evil

9)Yuri: Command and Conquer Red Alert 2: One of the best games in the series with one of the best villains. Yuri is a psychopath hell bent on world domination by controlling your BRAINS!!!!!

8)Darth Malak: star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic: The dark lord of the sith malak brings pain and grief to the whole galaxy. Awesome game with one of the best OMGWTF plot twists in the history of games

7)Saren: Mass Effect: I wont go into too much details because i do not want to spoil the game for anyone but lets just say you will realy hate this guy as you chase him across the galaxy.

6) SHODAN: System Shock: In my talons, I shape clay, crafting life forms as I please. If I wish, I can smash it all. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity. Out of the chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God: the title suits me well. A psycho evil A.I. That guides you through the game. Oh and it thinks its God....need i say more.....

5)Cyberdeamon: Doom: The badass villain from Doom. Properly explains what all hell breaking loose means

4)Psyco Mantis: Metal Gear Solid: He not only has psychokinetic powers he can even move your controller and read your mind. OMG HE KNOWS I SUCK AT CASTLEVANIA!!!!

3)Sephiroth: Final Fantasy 7: Ok sometimes he seems a bit (i know im going to be flamed for this but ill say it anyway)...emo But This dude is one of the crazy evil and memorable villains gaming history!

2) Sarah Kerrigan: Starcraft: The queen of blades, Pretty much the queen b*T£h of the universe!

1)Kane: Command and Conquer series: Ok before i made this list i promised myself only one character per series but what the hell Yuri was from Red Alert which was technically another series.....anyway..... seemingly immortal leader of the brotherhood of nod. Worshipped by his followers he has caused more hell on earth than the cyberdeamon could.
KANE LIVES!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So that's my list. Feel free to contribute. I would love to see your lists.
Peace!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The only two of those I've played are Mass Effect and Doom. The cyberdemon, yeah he was pretty scary, but Saren... WOW. That guy was awesome on so many levels. The last battle I beat on the first try but geez it took like half an hour of continuous moving and fighting to win. It was easily one of the most epic battles I've had in any video game on any console. I was just begging him to die so my fingers could get a rest!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

True! and whats better is the sheer number of ways you can kill him!
I cant wait for mass effect 2!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by raptorinvictus

Hmm... I didn't know there was more than one way to kill him. (I might have to google some spoilers) I only played the game through once, albeit on the highest difficulty level. I just shot and dodged for what seemed forever, until I remembered I had shield piercing ammo somewhere. Then I did the same tactics, only it started to go faster :p Still took a long time, though.

I feel like I should add to the list, but looking back on the games I've played, a lot of them are things that either didn't have a villain or else games with a rather lousy villain.

The Baldur's Gate series had some pretty cool villains, though. I remember enjoying the storyline quite a bit, and considering I'm more of a hack and slash type player, that's saying something.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Um, what about Bower? That princess kidnapping monster must be on the list!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
My favorite boss would be the Level 01 Boss from the original Earthworm Jim, (16Bit Genesis/SNES Title). He was just a fish in a glass fishbowl. He didn't have any method of attack... just swam around in the bowl.

So once you had survived the hellish plots, dastardly enemies and devious pitfalls of the first few levels, all you had to do was walk up to the fishbowl and bump it off it's stand... bowl falls, cracks open, fish out of water... fish dead.

It was a hilarious anti climax!

IRM

[edit on 25/11/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by raptorinvictus

Or Iron Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punchout. I never could beat that evil bugger.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When i made the list i wanted to only include villains who were incredibly likeable, ones you can hate from the bottom of your heart or ones who just scare the frak out of you....
Sorry to bowser. Great villain but not my personal best.
By the way...i think peach likes getting kidnapped......

[edit on 29-11-2009 by raptorinvictus]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Oh yea...sorry for the spoiler. if you dont want to know stop reading NOW

one of the ways is if you increase charm/intimidate you can get him to kill himself.....i think there are more ways aswell

[edit on 29-11-2009 by raptorinvictus]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yea!! that was awesome! i realy need to play that again.....
by the way did you know the title sound was burped out by the creator after drinking loads of coke?

still...better than ''our princess is in another castle''........
But the worst ending was super mario 2...its all a dream.....

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hmm don't know about a top 10 but my favourite villain might just be kefka from ff6. Or maybe magus from chrono trigger. Kefka actually managed to destroy the world..makes a change from the usual. Planescape torment and the "villain" in that is great( and a surprise) so i won't spoil it for folks who have not played THE best game of all time. If you have not played it then you owe it to yourself to do so.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yea! Kefka was one twisted psychopath! I was actually scared of him at one point. dunno why i forgot about him when i made the list. id put him at maybe 4 or 5

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I can't really put mine in a "least to most" favorite order...though i would have to say my favorite villain is definitely Sephiroth.

I really liked the demon from Doom as well.

Some others that i feel deserve to be in the top 10:

Wesker (from the Resident Evil series)

Inky, Blinky, Pinky, & Clyde (the ghosts from PacMan)

Gannon (from The Legend of Zelda series)

The wind tunnel stage from Battletoads

Hogger (World of Warcraft)

Diablo (Diablo 1, 2, and soon to be 3)

"The Thief" (From the infamously famous "Zork" text based game)

and the one, perhaps more infamous than Sephiroth himself:

The Girlfriend

yes yes, your main squeeze, perhaps now even your wife.

The one boss who, at always the worst time, wants you to "shut that damn thing off so we can go hang out with her friends"

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That thief in Zork... man, I hated that guy! I never could figure out how to deal with him.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Maaan battletoads was AWESOME! esp the pause menu music!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The Cowboys from Super Tecmo Bowl.

Other than that. Hmmm.

Shang Tsun from MK3
Bowser, duh.

I have more I'll come back to later when I think of them.

But the most theatric was the last bug from Dead Space. WOW was that thing big. Not all that hard to kill, but it was a lot of fun killing it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You forgot Albert Wesker!

I totally agree on the Kane choice.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

i realy need top play dead space again!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Here is my list of top villains in the video game world.

1.) Pyramid Head from Silent Hill- What more can you ask he is creepy looking and drags around a huge blade in which he swings at you when you fight him in an enclosed room.
2.) Nemesis from Resident Evil
3.) Dr Wiley from Mega Man
4.) Dr Robotnic from Sonic The Hedgehog
5.) Krang from Ninja Turtles
6.) M Bison from Street Fighter
7.) Jafar from Aladdin
8.) Shao Khan from Mortal Kombat
9.) Jack Lupino from Max Payne (PC)
10.) Dracula from Castlevania II Simons Quest

top topics

<<   2 >>

join