posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
I'll give it a shot, but mt list today would probably vary from what I'd say next month or even tomorrow.
10. Any of the Weapons from the pre-X Final Fantasy games. I don't know why I wasted all those hours in FFVII tracking down Ruby Weapon and entering
into many hours long battles with it... there was no achievement point reward back then and no proof I did it aside from a save file on a little PS1
memory card... but I did it anyway.
9. The Cyberdemon from Doom 3. The cyber in the previous, old school Doom games caused chills and shivers for me as a teen, but the Doom 3
incarnation at the end of the game was epic.
8. Mike Tyson. Remember finally beating him as a kid... I just tossed my NES pad aside and sat there basking in the glory with my best friend jumping
around like the dweeb he was,
7. Hitler in Wolfenstein 3D. Anytime you get to kill the most evil man in modern history it has to make a top 10 list!
6. Any boss in Shadow of the Collossus. Seriously, the entire game is a boss/villian simulator. Anybody who hasn't played this game has no clue how
epic it is.
5. Mother Brain in Super Metroid. C'mon, the game played virtually identical to the original... everybody HAD to be figuring that once they
shattered the glass in her jar, the end credits would be coming up quickly. WHOOPS, major swerve! Mother Brain had recieved some Terminator worthy
enhancements since last we met.
4. Bowser. Deserves respect as an all time great video game character in the greatest video game series of all time.
3. Psycho Mantis from MGS. Honestly, not an overly great character aside from the fact that he read your save card and told you what games you'd
been playing. That was a serious mess with your mind stunt for a time when not all of us had the internet to "spoil" game secrets for us.
2. Sephiroth: Only because he was freaking cool as nails in FFVII
1. The Developers of Superman 64... If there were ever more hated, universally despised video game villians, I have yet to see them.