It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is Enough

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Question though. Killing it, would that mean that there will be more people moving their biatching from the Pit to the other forums?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by McGotti
Most of the people that are bitchin about flames useually bring it upon themselfs through simple arrogance.

And we all know the best way to treat cancer.

The best way to treat it or the way everybody actually treats it it??? which would invovle being overly dramatic and throw a bunch of pointless resoucres at in in order to save a few while the rest in suffer in isolation because of complete hypocrisy...

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Question though. Killing it, would that mean that there will be more people moving their biatching from the Pit to the other forums?

They could be dealt with and initially warned that they cannot continue their conduct.

Update: Thank you whoever moved this back to its original position.

So SO are you in effect suggesting that the pit may not be in its current form in the future?

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Agent47]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think trips to the wood shed may be in order.

ATS has soooo many new members, that if the veterans flame too much and too often, all the newbies think it's okay.
Growing pains: you mods have your hands full.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

ATS has soooo many new members, that if the veterans flame too much and too often, all the newbies think it's okay.

ya tough job

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

ya tough job

Were you being sarcastic?

I agree with DTOM, the Mods have to be on here 24/7 to satisfy everyone.
Im here a lot during the course of the day but that probably pales in comparison to the mods behavior.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47 So SO are you in effect suggesting that the pit may not be in its current form in the future?
It has been suggested that the acidic tone of the pit has found its way into other forums, and I don't disagree. If the pit remains, it will likely be a political discussion forum where normal rules apply. We'll see.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
oh no..of coarse im not being sarcastic im mean skeptic overlord must be working overtime considering he gave me 7 warning u2us in the span of 10 minutes...including 3 or 4 over use of quotes even though i got his point on the very first one and i continued to get them even though I had not even posted since the first u2u was recieved...

see..its hard work to be him...4 warnings over quotes in 10 minutes...hes gotta be a busy man ..either that or hypocrisy...either one is cool with me

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti see..its hard work to be him...
Keep you your current habits and we may suddenly get a break.
(that was a subtle hint)

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

I regard a "veteran" of ATS as someone with 5 years plus in the Forum.

I look forward to coming out of newbie status about six months from now.

Stupidity and absence of decorum and lack of analysis or insight is not in the exclusive domain of "newbies" or "veterans".

Racism out, tolerance and intelligence in.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

If the pit remains, it will likely be a political discussion forum where normal rules apply. We'll see.

So would punishment for breaking the rules carry the same penalty?

Im curious because the nature of political debate in the pit usually ends in personal attacks, and there for you would have to issue many punishments and justice.

Although I think its important to punish them all.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

see..its hard work to be him...

Keep you your current habits and we may suddenly get a break.

no need to be vauge sir...I mean were are talking about important issues as you have mentioned...so please..anything I can do to please you lordship I wilol try and conqour that mission which is set forth before and I shall dominate that mission so that my mind shall be set free from the terrany that lies below the surface heading toward what can only be describe as the abominable snowman

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ya hopefully ATS will become like most of the worlds governments and be controlled by fear...Rule by fear works but it does not involve freedom last time i checked..

So yes...MOre warnings and such will work...

I vote....RULE BY FEAR..(does not involve justice unfourtuantly)

It has worked already because now I know that 10 warning in the span of 10 minutes is possible therefore I heed to those warnings...and yes skepticoverLORD...I shall lay off the quotes as you have sent me 4 warnings in a row...I now see what the warnings are for and see the folly of my ways

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Djarums...............speak your mind and stick to your guns, if they dont like it then fluck'em. No matter what you or anyone else says somebody isnt going to like it one bit. Remember you cant please them all

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It has worked already because now I know that 10 warning in the span of 10 minutes is possible therefore I heed to those warnings...

Take your one man war on SO elsewhere, your really killing the thread.

I smell a hammer a coming .............

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Take your one man war on SO elsewhere, your really killing the thread.

Im fighting no war sir...I was beiong serious on that one..I heeded to that warning

sorry skeptic...i wasnt realy sure if I was allowed to quote or not...sorry if I croosed the line again with my insane quoting habbits

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Djarums if you are for Iseral then you and me are on the same side my Friend!!!

Shoot I think Iseral has to one of these days rip every paistainin(spelling) a new A-hole!!!!

If you people dont like my position then I am open for flaming!

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
can't we all just get along

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

Jeeeeez people.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
hey russian...we are trying to stop the flamming...that is our nefound mission here at ATS.Nothing to do with freedom of speech...disscussing alternate heated topics...damn it we are here to hold hands and love each other.

The rest of the world should be able to look at ATS and say "see..look at how they control their memeber actions....by force of coarse..all you have to do is bitch and complain about everyone else...a few bannings..a few warnings..and of coarse ignoring you own behaviour and all will be quite like some kind of utopia"

we need to be more like a library here...mostly information that people gather and post...less interaction..(unless its happy fun interation)

because ATS should be like the rest of the world..a place where everyone gets along and we all love and accept each other and no one ever gets mad...ya because that what real life is actually like you know....nobody ever gets mad..

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The rest of the world should be able to look at ATS and say "see..look at how they control their memeber actions....by force of coarse..all you have to do is bitch and complain about everyone else...a few bannings..a few warnings..and of coarse ignoring you own behaviour and all will be quite like some kind of utopia"

Are you trolling for a banning or attention? Im serious. You arent even adding to discussion anymore, you are simply mouthing off whenever you want to about how unfair it is you received a warning. Did you check my box, I got one too, but for a different reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join