It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is Enough

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Sure, I'll join. Although, joining groups is something I avoid whenever possible

Never enough time, MM.

You joined the Robojesus Church!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I, and I'm for sure the staff, appreciate that this thread has not deteriorated into a slam-fest, besides the obvious well known quotings of "grow a pair".

Djarums, you and I, among others, have been there, done that, and are still doing that.

Step back, take a deep breath, look out the window, and return with a renewed vigor of continuing to do what we know we do best, eh?

I understand exactly what you are saying but I urge you to try to not necessarily take 'it' to heart. I know this may be difficult at times, been there, done that, but you must try to maintain a sort of 'separation' while maintaining steadfastness.

I know you will overcome this and are simply blowing off a bit of steam on this, I have certainly wanted to at times myself, but stand your ground and as mentioned, continue to do what 'we' do best.

seekerof

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
You joined the Robojesus Church!

Damn, you are right. Well, I don't join many things, Agent. I don't think RoboJesus and GOATS will be a conflict of interest, anyways.
Wait, I also belong to the Detroit Rose Society.

*mutters about how Agent remembers all these things*

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
hey genius..its called opinion...if you cant handle opinion grow a sac and get some nutz

You leave for a while and try to suddenly comment on recent activity here? Djarums isnt some disgruntled newb, hes been here a while so I would assume hes grown a sac and some nutz as you so ignorantly put it.

Theres a line between voicing opinion and ruining threads in ATSNN with your bile. Now why dont you grow some nutz with a z as you put it and stop trolling this discussion.

Hey man this place is the same as when my computer broke...the exact same...yep there are still threads just like this talking about how theres too much flaming...guess what...everybody does it on every board...you call it flaming others call it there opinion..Ok?? do you understand ??

Well wheres the monthly "i hate the direction ATS is goin" thread...Or the bi-weekly "ATS used to be better"

you wanna know what I hate more than flaming??? people who take up space with self-rightous bull-shyt threads like this as if the are the ones that are gonna change something....go ahead.. keep in your own self-rightous arrogant view that others opinions are mearly flames and only people "on your side" are the ones acting civilized..

this shyt isnt..I hear the same b.s. over and over again as does everybody else.

So to act as if "enough is enough" is some kind of new novel approach your sadly mistaken....

Probably some time next month there will be a repeat of the exact same topic...

like I said .. QUITE BITCHIN LIKE SOME 11 YEAR OLD GIRLS

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Cut the attacks now Mcgotti.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I propose the afflicted form a support group, I think GOATS is a good acronym:

Groups

Oppressed

on

Above

Secret

Meetings could be held, beer and pizza consumed and the downfall of those that oppress plotted.

p.s. You try being a Satan worshipping , NWO lackey, Sexist, Racist, Literate Mason sometime... now there's a cross to bear.

Sorry to get into a brotherly disagreement, but the acronym G.O.A.T.S. was already taken up in the ATS Dictionary of Acronyms 2003. It was used advisedly as a generic term for ATS posters, in preference to such terms as tinfoilhatters or noids. The "G" stood for "Gods".

Separately, I'm personally not aware of ever having made a racist remark at ATS. Disagreement with foreign policy and foreign incursion is one thing, racism is another: I don't think it belongs in any "community".

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If this is how you guys want to talk, I'm moving this to the mudpit.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
If this is how you guys want to talk, I'm moving this to the mudpit.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Zzub]

No its how McGotti wants to act.

Djarums has a legitamite point, we dont need to invite more ignorance by moving it to such an ignorant locale.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Too late.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Quote by me, "Seriously, the Pit is for that type of activity. And I've done it too. I guess we will have to let the Mods be our guides."

Man, I didn't know that I was a prophet.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Easy guys, I don't want this thread trashed, and then the origins of GOATS will be lost and hundreds of years from now everyone will think that the now fledgling GOATS is some demonic secret society, the very scourge of boards and blogs everywhere. Think of the future... Oh the humanity!

Sorry, I think this one kinda got away from me.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What do you mean.."its how mcgotti wants to act???"

What just because im sick of hearing this stuff....go use the search option...This has to be the 10th exact same thread topic..your not some hero tryin to change the system!

And trust me Im not against legitimate disscusion but to try to act as if its always "them" and never "me" simply makes me laugh...

Most of the people that are bitchin about flames useually bring it upon themselfs through simple arrogance.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Most of the people that are bitchin about flames useually bring it upon themselfs through simple arrogance.

I noticed you layed off the caps and childish swears this time.

Anyways, its only considered ignorant by you because you disagree.

For the record Im seriously pissed this is in the pit, move it back.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You know what I do Mcgotti when I'm sick of hearing things, I don't go back to that thread. How's that for a novel idea.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Perhaps this new home is more suitable.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Perhaps this new home is more suitable.

The pit is the black eye of this site, Im sure its inviting for anyone who feels the same about this topic.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I noticed you layed off the caps and childish swears this time.

Anyways, its only considered ignorant by you because you disagree.

For the record Im seriously pissed this is in the pit, move it back.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT CAPS AND DAMN "CHILDISH SWEARS??? LOL

I never said anything about it being ignorant, ok??..Just utterly pointless and an extremly tired subject matter that has probably been disscused thousands of times since this place was created...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti Most of the people that are bitchin about flames useually bring it upon themselfs through simple arrogance.
Mirror mirror on the wall? I feel the need to point out that it is indeed possible to discuss hot political issues without confrontation. However, in this anonymous online environment with no physical risk, far too many people seem to enjoy virtual confrontations. The future of the mud pit is under consideration. It seems as though the style and nature of confrontation is spreading from the pit like a cancer. And we all know the best way to treat cancer.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And we all know the best way to treat cancer.

You kill it. You kill it soon because weve just seen it ruin another legit forum.

Kill them all.....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti hey genius..its called opinion...if you cant handle opinion grow a sac and get some nutz
Um... your warning was for that. If you can't discuss important issues without confrontation, then here is a concept for you:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join