It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama supporters,No hard feelings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

McCain said during the debates that he wanted to buy everyone's mortgages!. How do you think THAT woulda worked out?

I didn't know that, thanks for the info.
How do I think that would have worked out? I think that was the very measure that was required. Much better than bailing out a corporation for billions of dollars that then later goes bankrupt anyway. Sometimes, businesses just have to fail, if they cannot produce and compete. I've had four failed business of my own. I learned to compete.

At least buying a portion or all of mortgages would have helped the people who needed it. I would vote a resounding "yes!" to such a measure. Of course, neither candidate would've given a squat what I thought, or reinforced the framework that allowed any citizen to approve such a measure. That's what our *cough* representatives are for.

p.s. reading what I just wrote........... It sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but that's not the case. I really didn't know McCain said that. Makes me feel a tweak better about him.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I just wanted a half black president before SHTF, its kinda cool to see it finally happen. It was good to be able to rub it in the faces of the racist.

Oh well...

Now is it our turn to rub it in the face of the ignorant?

Oh well...it is just a president, nothing big.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

i just realized today that when you subtract all the jobs in non-existent districts, bonus's counted as 'jobs saved,' jobs funded that were not in jeopardy, and more than 'optimistic' accounting methods the stimulus's effect was probably overshadowed by last week's new unemployment claims alone. sad.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

If by "buy all the mortgages" you mean use Troubled Asset Relief Funds to buy troubled assets and fix the systemic cause of this recession, instead of sinking tax payer funds into equity in failing companies....well.... that would have been fantastic. And quite honestly this whole mess would have never gotten that bad if Obama had the same kind of foresight.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

because most everyone that you speak of is tired of covering the same arguments that you've just begun to uncover

all of your talking points have been covered, ad nauseum, since before the POTUS debates even began.

*Snore*

Find some real, hard core truth, with real hard core evidence (not just speculation, sensationalism, and speculation) about something Obama has done wrong, and i'll talk with you about it until the cows come home.

Until then......im sorry, i fell asleep, what was i saying?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Why are you asking me? McCain said it, I think he just blurted it out, not much was ever said about it again. It was like it never happened!
I will say if Obama had suggested it, people would say it was an attempt to get Federal ownership of YOUR HOME, YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY in some Marxist power grab!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I notice on the threads I've read lately that even the die hard obama fans have been eerily silent.Could it be they finally realized they backed the wrong donkey?Where's all the obama love?The least you can do is admit we were right.There's no shame in it.I know you had the best of intentions.No hard feelings.

I don't think it's a matter of who was right, after all, the people that voted for Obama were sincerely voting for change and the hope of a better America. But politicians being what they are, they were duped, and now everyone realizes to some extent that it's no longer a matter of party but about America.

Bush did to the conservatives what is happening now. They got fooled. Obama is no different. So I think the silence is more a rather wait and see thing and not so much of an "I was wrong" thing. The jury is still out on Obama... for now.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What can they possibly tout? They have their tail between their legs.

Iraq/Afghan wars... still going on and going worse than before Obama took office

Stimulus package... working as intended? HAHA. See next few points. At least it's working as the Democrats intended, that's for sure, to make more people dependent on the govt.

Unemployment.. higher now than ever

National debt... highest ever and to boot didn't fix unemployment, mortgage crisis, either war

Mortgage Crisis... loan defaults reached another all time high. Thank goodness they rushed that stimulus bill through!

More of the same. Obama appoints large campaign donors to cushy ambassadorships. Appoints numerous tax cheats to his cabinet. Geitner is a joke.

Health Care... 2000 page bill reportedly does NOT cover poor people who can't afford insurance. In fact makes insurance mandatory and fines them for not having it! Does NOT address tort reform. Does NOT cover the supposed 50 million people without healthcare. (No I have not read it, are you kidding me??? Have you? I thought so)

Cap-n-Trade nonsense... going to pass some worthless carbon bill that will tax us citizens even more while doing NOTHING to help supposed man-made climate change. FYI earth hasn't warmed in what, 11 years now?

Biden as VP... this administration is doing everything they can to keep him hidden and quiet. Every time he speaks he looks like an idiot and half the time directly contradicts the Pres.

The only way Obama gets a second term is from Dems and the media harping on racism day and night and then viciously attacking whomever runs against him (including Dem, Repub, and Independent).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join