It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama supporters,No hard feelings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I notice on the threads I've read lately that even the die hard obama fans have been eerily silent.Could it be they finally realized they backed the wrong donkey?Where's all the obama love?The least you can do is admit we were right.There's no shame in it.I know you had the best of intentions.No hard feelings.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No, I think the same old circular arguments are just getting tiresome. These things tend to work in cycles. Give the posts a rest for the next two weeks and everybody will be back in fighting form. Hopefully in the mean time the sites focus will return to conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Syphon

I agree genius/idoit... S&F

Syphon,
Don't you see the giant conspiracy right in front of you. The conspiracy that the United States of America is in the hands of a group of radical Marxists whose whole goal is to destroy this nation that we all love.

There is no greater conspiracy than politics as a whole.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No...the OP is correct. He is dropping in the polls faster then a flaming rock from space.

No offense to those holding true to their political-worship, I understand you.

I voted for Obama myself...was very happy to see him win (not as happy as people who REALLY thought he was somehow super-human or different".

I just wanted a half black president before SHTF, its kinda cool to see it finally happen. It was good to be able to rub it in the faces of the racist.

But...yeah...a lot of folks are bailing on the big BO...keep watching. See how many people fight to defend or destroy him when SHTF.

Its kinda sad watching people who think "one man behind a desk" really makes a difference either way.

Oh well...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Nah... for me it's just old, in the same way that all the Palin threads are old...
I'm not interested in running circles like a hamster on the wheel (at least the hamster is getting some exercise, I guess.) If something new comes up, that's different and worth discussion. For now, have fun with the same old, same old.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Same old same old? I think his "new polls" are not "the same old polls" if I am correct?

Yeah...maybe "you" are programed to only be interested in a subject for a short time before you move on...if so...bravo, the media has built you well.

Me? I am very interested in watching the nation fall out of love faster with this guy, then they did Bush.

I mean...wow.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Sooo you think what he is trying to is good for the country your just tired of arguing?OK

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's obvious the "honeymoon" has been over for a short while now.
It's possible people are starting to think about an "annulment"

This might at least explain the surprisingly sudden surge in Sarah's popularity.
Heck, even Oprah is acknowledging her now.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Sooo you think what he is trying to is good for the country your just tired of arguing? OK

Where in your OP did you mention anything about policy? Here it is again, maybe you can point it out, in case I missed it...

I notice on the threads I've read lately that even the die hard obama fans have been eerily silent.Could it be they finally realized they backed the wrong donkey?Where's all the obama love?The least you can do is admit we were right.There's no shame in it.I know you had the best of intentions.No hard feelings.

To the question you posed, my answer is that I tend not to participate in the recent threads that *seem* to be political bating or that *seem* redundant (either side of the fence) there are plenty of both.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by Syphon

I agree genius/idoit... S&F

Syphon,
Don't you see the giant conspiracy right in front of you. The conspiracy that the United States of America is in the hands of a group of radical Marxists whose whole goal is to destroy this nation that we all love.

There is no greater conspiracy than politics as a whole.

Actually do some research on Marxism before you start saying bad things about it. It actually has some pretty good ideas. I bet you have no idea what Marxism is about, and your just spewing out Marxism because you think Communism is a scary thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Yeah...maybe "you" are programed to only be interested in a subject for a short time before you move on...if so...bravo, the media has built you well.

I did not say that the Pres. doesn't have some serious problems to deal with, both in perception and in policy. That wasn't in the topic of the OP, to which I answered. The media doesn't have me overly influenced as you suggest, I don't even have a t.v. so be nice. There are plenty of issues that need to be worked out, if it's even possible to work them out... I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It took years to create the mess we are in. How do you expect Obama to fix it in only one?

I knew he would be working in a hostile evironment when he got elected and that people would expect too much. By hostile I mean the party opposition and the racists still out there. Plus he inherited an economy that was already almost off the cliff anyway and a war.

We will just see what happens within the next three years.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Why argue the same old thing over and over? What's the point?
As an Obama supporter, I realize there is a certain percentage that just hates him and would never approve of anything he does. NEVER! He could part the Red Sea and the "he's a commie Muslim" crowd would find fault.
As much as I dislike Bush, I wasn't insane about it! i could give GW credit for the good things he did.
As for polls, they go up and down for any President. Time tells all.
Fact is, Obama IS President. Some will never accept that for a variety of reasons. I don't feel like listening to them over and over, they are very tiresome and irrelevant!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Actually I know a fair amount about Marxism as it was a topic I found quite intriguing at one stage in my life. To me, it falls into the category of an idea that sounds good on paper, but doesn't quite work well in the real world where we have people who are power hungry and another and human nature, where a person will generally do as little as possible without chance of a great reward.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

So it doesn't bother you that everything Obama and the Dem Congress are proposing are tax increases that will just lead to higher costs for the people and less jobs in America?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
It took years to create the mess we are in. How do you expect Obama to fix it in only one?

No, he didn't create the situation but he is putting the last few nails in the coffin.

He's got the hole dug and the tombstone is already chiseled out.

It says ...

"United States of America 1776- 2012"
"Damn Fools"

[edit on 19-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have an idea for a thread for some of you. Why don't you title it "If McCain/Palin Had Won!" and come up with what you think would have happened during the first year.

That might be interesting.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by elaine]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

Thats a great idea! It's easy to criticise, but not so easy to solve problems, particularly the severe problems we are facing.
McCain said during the debates that he wanted to buy everyone's mortgages!. How do you think THAT woulda worked out?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Double post malfunction!

[edit on 19-11-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

Probably would have done exactly the same thing. We bought a car company, then we continued the No Billionaire Left Behind campaign.

Then we decide lets spend more money. =)

I stumbled across this quote the other day when pertaining to the Current Health Care Bill

"you have a house, you have an unpaid huge mortgage, you have huge credit card debt which is more then what you make a year just in interest, you are making less at work as the years pass by, your spoiled kids want more money out of your credit cards, your wife has expensive habits, and now you decide that you want to ...buy a porsche because it is a good idea"

(I'm all for health care reform, but this bill is crap.)

Health Care Reform is necessary, but why ruin people who already have a decent insurance policy. Do I think that the government should provide some health care, Yea, at the #ing bare minimum, and those people should have to pay for it as well. Health Care is a service, and in this country most of its cost's comes from peoples in ability to just take care of themselves.(Poverty contributes a lot to the not being able to take care of oneself as well, I believe its 70 percent of all health care cost are from Smoking and Obesity.) But to say I should get to see the same Dr. as the bloke down the Road that makes 350,000, because its my right ? No, he pay's his rich Dr. Lots and Lots of money to take EXTRA care of him. Do I think we should help people who can't afford it all together? Yea but when there's the 60 Billion dollars spent every year on Health Care Fraud. Why not address this key issue ? Why should preexisting conditions matter ? Toss all that with the fact that the price of most items used in the health care industry are outrageous , the price of pharmaceuticals being ridiculous
( My Epilpesy med is 400 a month for 60 tablets, cost me more than 6 dollars a day to keep me from having seizures), and the FDA being a bunch of crooks, and finally the BLATANT corruption in Washington when it comes to dealing with these issues.

Honestly, Did you know that ole Donald Rumsfeild is making money off these over hyped potentially dangerous H1N1 Vaccines.

But, Hey, looks to me, this guy is making money off of it too.

money.cnn.com...

Kinda serves his purpose to hype them up eh ?

I've always had the impression if a Politicians lips are moving he's lying, but this man started preaching "Hope" and "Change", # I figured I give it another shot. I ignored key warnings that I KNOW I shouldn't have, of , and voted for the man, cause HELL YEA I wanted "Change", But, Look what has happened ! Whats changed ? What major pressing issues has he fixed that he promised ? At the beginning of office all it would have taken it takes is him to run his mouth to sway some public opinion, get rallies out of the common people, who so vigorously supported him and his campaign, to pass legislation to undo much of Bush's bull#, go against, ALL THE THINGS he talked about the "Clintons" doing and yet when he's giving the chance to help give our Freedom's back with the simple stroke of the PEN, and opening his mouth, he does nothing, but spend money, to help the same rich guys Washington has been in bed with all along. Then says " Well, uhhhhh, it seems, spending this much money, was kinda ... well its a bad idea" HIS MOUTH HAS DONE NOTHING BUT WRITE CHECK'S THAT HE CAN'T CASH. Why ? Cause instead of finding those Real Americans, who believed in "Change" and wanted change, He brought the same old Washington with him. He picked up where George W left off.

Now I sit here in the Middle again, watching the same old #. Failing to realize what the real problems are here. We again got Democrat vs Republican, with obviously no real Americans interest's at heart , still pointing fingers, passing legislation that takes care of there old College buddies, or Old friend's of there family, and all the while while their both whittling away piece by piece the country and Freedoms that our Grandfathers before Grandfathers before Grandfathers had shed blood, fought for and put there lives on the line to conquer so we could have what every born Man & Woman desire, "To be Free, and Independent"

"It serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another."

George Washington on the Political Party system.

I realize we tend to not listen to our fathers, but in this case it would seem essential.

Vote them All out in 2012, ALL OF THE SENATE, and a great majority of the House. They are so out of touch with America, what you guys just did, was let people who have very little idea, of how hard it is to work a 40 hour week, and put food on the table, pay the bills, take care of the kids, and pay for gas. They make OVER 100,000 DOLLARS MORE THAN THE AVERAGE AMERICAN, for doing nothing but cause problems. You know whats the kicker ????? They got the best health care you can buy..... FOR FREE!

NO MORE PARTIES FOR 2012.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by SirPatrickHenry]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join