It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Point by Point Refutation of all 2012 Theories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
To the OP (and anyone else on here), if you're still convinced that "all 2012 theories are bunk", then please feel free to step over to the Bets on 2012 thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...) and put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'll watch this tommorow, but I must say the end is not going to happen in 2012. It's nothing more than wishful thinking by a large percentage of people who are mentally impotent and full of fantasy.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
I'll watch this tommorow, but I must say the end is not going to happen in 2012. It's nothing more than wishful thinking by a large percentage of people who are mentally impotent and full of fantasy.

Feel free to step up to the challenge then, Brainiac.

To be fair & clear - and reiterate - you'll see that I do not think any one, single, galactic, event will bring the world to an end on any specific date in 2012, but that things will have 'progressed to an end' (of sorts) by that time. If YOU don't see that, then it is you who are 'mentally impotent', my friend.

Use your head.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

If you are so certain, then can you please send me all of your money on the day before the world ends?

Everyone else is welcome to get in on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Like I said, already - head on over to the "Bets on 2012" thread and put your money where your mouth is (I already have)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I've been there. I think a separate thread for a factual deconstruction of the leading theories is appropriate.

Besides, what are you doing over there in your thread - running some kind of apocalypse hedge fund?

I'd like to place 500 put options on the return of Nibiru, and another 500 on any kind of 'evolution of consciousness' happening as a result of any and all 'cosmic forces'.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
those 2 theories are on the very bottom of the list

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Ok, then where can I place my money so I can mitigate my gamble on the long shots? Where's the safest place to rest my doomsday dollar?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Just click on the referenced thread - it zooms right to my proposal (to the other guy - who has not said a peep, since I accepted his challenge)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Single-point refutation of everything you claim:

You don't know WHAT is going to happen in 2012, or 2011 or 2013 for that matter, because all of these dates are in the future and as far as I know we haven't found a way to read the future yet.

Saying a form of mass enlightenment isn't going to occur is just telling me that you are too stubborn/ignorant to participate in it yourself, which is fine with me and you get what you ask for. We already had one "enlightenment" age around the time of the Renaissance, and it was miraculous in how it revitalized the arts and sciences. In today's age of computers and information on an unprecedented level, and you're saying people aren't going to have an awakening to a lot of new information, like you would know, you're just an antagonistic pessimistic that likes to piss on people's parades, but you're not going to change anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Biblical references.....wow....ya lost me at biblical references. Ya know the earth was flat when MAN wrote the bible. hmmmm....wait...wasn't the bible rewritten like over 20 times? Guess it just depends what ya want the people to people to believe that year....sorta like an ancient "fad"

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You can't use logic to get someone who believes in 2012 to stop believing, as they clearly didn't use logic to come to that belief in the first place.

It's terrible.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Local Interstellar Cloud
Illustration Credit & Copyright: Linda Huff (American Scientist), Priscilla Frisch (U. Chicago)
Explanation: The stars are not alone. In the disk of our Milky Way Galaxy about 10 percent of visible matter is in the form of gas, called the interstellar medium (ISM). The ISM is not uniform, and shows patchiness even near our Sun. It can be quite difficult to detect the local ISM because it is so tenuous and emits so little light. This mostly hydrogen gas, however, absorbs some very specific colors that can be detected in the light of the nearest stars. A working map of the local ISM within 10 light-years based on recent observations is shown above. These observations show that our Sun is moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud as this cloud flows outwards from the Scorpius-Centaurus Association star forming region. Our Sun may exit the Local Interstellar Cloud during the next 10,000 years. Much remains unknown about the local ISM, including details of its distribution, its origin, and how it affects the Sun and the Earth.
Science, 4 March 2005, by Lallement et al.
the Heliosphere is highly sensitive to the density of interstellar gas, and it could fail almost completely if the Sun passed though a dense cloud of gas, exposing the Earth to massive amounts of harmful radiation. There is some evidence to suggest that the Earth has experienced mass extinctions caused by interstellar explosions in the past - perhaps caused because we were in a dense cloud when the effects of a supernova passed us by.
The gravitation field of the Galactic Plane can cause solar-like winds to behave like steering currents on comets and other objects . The Earth has been pounded in the past, The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past. It Would be FOOLISH to not way the possiblity that in 2012 we may be entering into a Dense region of Gas...As we align with the Center of Our Galaxy Our SUN Sol has and is being bombarded by particles now coming throuh the Heliosphere in the sun has Gotten Brighter from these particles and has changed from A yellowish hue to a more white because of th increase in particles... We may be on te edge of a Dense Cloud of Gas ..and soon to be entering in 2012 the Denses parts of the LOCAL FLUFF held by the gravity of the black hole of the MilkyWay galaxy...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
How does your debunking skills affect this article?

Oh dear, 2012, is it the next Extinction Level Event – The Final factual proof?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not one debunker has mentioned anything.... that speaks volumes.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

I explain it starting at 18:45

here are some peer reviewed studies that clearly debunk it:

Displacement of the Sun from the Galactic Plane
arxiv.org...

Displacement of the Sun from the Galactic Plane Authors: Yogesh C. Joshi (Queen’s University Belfast 2007) We have carried out a comparative statistical study for the displacement of the Sun from the Galactic plane (Z⊙) following three different methods… We found Z⊙ varies in a range of ~ 13 – 20 pc from the analysis is of YOCs…

or

The Sun’s Displacement from the Galactic Plane from Spectroscopic Parallaxes of 2500 OB Stars
adsabs.harvard.edu...

The Sun’s Displacement from the Galactic Plane from Spectroscopic Parallaxes of 2500 OB Stars Reed, B. Cameron Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, Vol. 100, Issue #4, p.146 2006 The Sun’s vertical displacement from the galactic plane, Z_ȯ, is determined model-independently from 3526 spectroscopic parallax distance estimates for 2488 OB stars within 1200 pc of the Sun. The result, 19.6+/-2.1 pc, agrees well with various other recent determinations. The distribution of stellar z-values as a function of galactic longitude shows a very scattered sinusoidal dependence with an amplitude of about 27 pc.

or

The Sun’s motion perpendicular to the galactic plane
www.nature.com...

John N. Bahcall* & Safi Bahcall† *Institute for Advanced Study, and †Princeton High School, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA The period and amplitude of the Sun’s motion perpendicular to the galactic plane are important parameters in some explanations of the terrestrial mass extinctions and cratering records1−5. Here we have calculated the range of periods and vertical excursions that are consistent with the distributions of tracer stars in the Galaxy and have also evaluated the probable phase jitter in the solar period. We find acceptable half-periods for the vertical oscillation that range from 26 to 37 Myr (including the range of periods that have been inferred from the terrestrial records on mass extinctions and on cratering), maximum heights above the plane from 49 to 93 pc, and an average phase jitter per half-period of the order of 6−9%. The largest uncertainty in all these calculations is caused by the unknown distribution of the unseen mass that must be postulated to explain the distribution of observed stars6−7. For all the models we consider, the most recent passage of the Sun through the galactic plane occurred in the past 3 Myr provided only that the present position of the Sun is between 0 and 20 pc above the plane. We extend the argument of Thaddeus and Chanan8 to show that the apparent periodicity in the mass extinction and cratering records cannot be caused by an population of objects (observed or unobserved) that contributes a major fraction of the total mass density at the solar vicinity.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

The pole tip is also metaphorical. A shift in powers is the plan, but it's not a physical displacement of geographic locations. The stage is set.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Alethea]

A "polar shift" is not metaphorical and has happened a number of times over the course of history. Since you don't know this, I have to question what else you think is simply symbolic versus what is actually fact.

You can debunk 2012 without having to erase actual historical, scientific fact.

Earth's Inconstant Magnetic Field12.29.03 Our planet's magnetic field is in a constant state of change, say researchers who are beginning to understand how it behaves and why.

At the moment it's located in northern Canada, about 600 km from the nearest town: Resolute Bay, population 300, where a popular T-shirt reads "Resolute Bay isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here." Newitt stops there for snacks and supplies--and refuge when the weather gets bad. "Which is often," he says.

Right: The movement of Earth's north magnetic pole across the Canadian arctic, 1831--2001. Credit: Geological Survey of Canada.

What they see mimics the real Earth: The magnetic field waxes and wanes, poles drift and, occasionally, flip. Change is normal, they've learned. And no wonder. The source of the field, the outer core, is itself seething, swirling, turbulent. "It's chaotic down there," notes Glatzmaier. The changes we detect on our planet's surface are a sign of that inner chaos.

Link: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You forgot the fact that another american war monger
presidential election is in 2012!
War is berry big bidness! Just ask cheney.

If I had a buck everytime I heard "lets just nuke 'em" all,
I would be rich and wouldnt need to bet on mans stupidity.

No need to fret, we will do ourselves in soon enough.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by dodadoom]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join