It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Rejects UN Nuclear Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Iran Rejects UN Nuclear Deal

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's foreign minister on Wednesday said his country would not export its enriched uranium for further processing, effectively rejecting the latest U.N. plan aimed at preventing Tehran from building nuclear weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So how long before Israel bombs Iran?

This is what Israel had been hoping for all this time, I now expect Israel to bomb Iran in December.

I thought that Iran would play it safe and agree to send it's uranium to Russia but apparently I was wrong and now the poor people of Iran will probably have to suffer through bombing campaigns from Israel.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Bombs Away!

Iran has just sealed its own fate.

Can you say BOOM!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Iran and Israel having nuclear warheads. Is anyone on the planet able to overcome the double standards? High horses? Moral ambiguity? Pot, kettle, black? Is nuclear tech passive for some nations and hostile for others?

Nobody wants the bad guys to have nuclear tech, processing or weaponization.

So who are the bad guys? Who gets to point the finger?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The bad guys are the guys who end up loosing and the finger gets pointed by the winners. History is written by the victorius. The present is written by those with the most power.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Calm down, no one will bomb anyone - at least not yet.

Iran's nuclear facilities are too widespread and too well protected to represent an easily destroyed target.

Israel knows that.

What is FAR more likely is an arms race. Israel almost certainly does not have Thermonuclear weapons - fusion boosted maybe, but not the really big 5-10Mt guys.

I would predict that the next step in this dance with the devil will be the development of an Israeli nuclear capability to vaporize Iran, as opposed to just crippling it.

The countdown to the next Vela incident begins.

You saw it here first.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

If Israel doesn't already posess the means to vaporize Iran then certainly their good friends in the USA do. Not tht I am pro vaporizing iran. just sayin'

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by muse7

Bombs Away!

Iran has just sealed its own fate.

Can you say BOOM!

I think Iran has just told Hillary "to put it between her knees and squeeze".

Also, it seems that the Dems are so ingrained with their own two party BS that they are not into the "shock and awe".

Putin has some bombers in the air 24/7. They're not loaded with pinata candy. Akula class subs off the eastern US seaboard. SS20s probably ready to go in South Osettia.

Oniks missiles at the ready. If the SHTF, Iran won't be the only one to get splashed.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, this was to be expected... I mean, these are boys playing with their toys..

I honestly feel that Israel won't do anything and neither will the US.. for me this seems to have turned into some kind of points scoring exercise on all sides and an on going source of diversion for the general public.

No matter how dire it keeps getting in the threat/counter threat, nothing is done, no action is ever really taken or even discussed, and the only thing that does happen is that a whole new round of pionts scoring starts.. while in the intermission we are served with the piggy plu adverts..

The MSM just doesn't talk about the greedy pig virus that's run amuk in our banking and finance industies, it's war, conflict and pandemic,

Which IMHO the PTB and the MSM have manufactured along with the economic collapse to service their goals and ensure we all in a fear based debt servitude.. talk about being mind f**ked.

Sorry, I've had enough of all the BS stories being served up by the MSM especially about piggy flu and Iran.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think Israel needs to take out Hezbollah before taking out Iran... and to take out Hezbollah, they will need the help of UNIFIL, which I don't think they will help them.

And Hezbollah is part of the Lebanese government... so Israel is stuck. Can't do anything...and I think it's good.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

A fair point, but I'm not sure it's on the money.

It is in the wests interst to keep the region destabalised, so we're not going to see any kind of war just yet.

Sabre rattling for a long time perhaps, and then if push comes to shove, surgical strikes (
) by the US

But even then I'm not sure.

As long as we need oil, Iran will remain intact - but under pressure.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Seems like the story has been updated?

Headline now reads: Iran brushes aside UN nuclear deal

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's foreign minister on Wednesday said his country would not export its enriched uranium for further processing, brushing aside the latest U.N. plan aimed at preventing Tehran from potentially building nuclear weapons.

Next line that wasn't quoted reads:

Instead Manochehr Mottaki said Iran would consider a nuclear swap inside Iran as an alternative plan.

Obviously, U.N. wants in on the enrichment:

The United Nations last month offered a deal to take 70 percent of Iran's low-enriched uranium to reduce its stockpile of material that could be enriched to a higher level, and possibly be used to make nuclear weapons.

Of course, Iran still wants energy independence, so why would they just give-away all the valuable resources required to gain the energy independence.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Iran and Israel having nuclear warheads. Is anyone on the planet able to overcome the double standards? High horses? Moral ambiguity? Pot, kettle, black? Is nuclear tech passive for some nations and hostile for others?

Nobody wants the bad guys to have nuclear tech, processing or weaponization.

Hot Sauce points the fingers ^^

Iran is in a position to reject this deal? This is a right Iran has, just like the cops coming to your house without a permit, you can let them in, or tell them to F@ck off and come back with a permit.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

We're saying the same thing.

I don't believe there will be any war, and surgical strikes are pointless.

My point was that a nuclear Iran ups the ante, since Israel will no longer be satisfied with tactical yield nukes in the 15-50Kt range, they are going to want much bigger weapons with which to deal a quick and mortal blow to Iran should the need ever arise.

And arise it will, maybe 5, maybe 10 years from now Iran will slip a nuke to Hamas, and Israel's nightmare ride will begin.

I'll make this prediction though, Tel Aviv may well disappear in a mushroom cloud a few years from now, but if that happens, the entire Iranian peninsula will be turned into a self-illuminating glass topped parking lot.

Israel will now be developing the capability to do just that - forget about the usual F-16s with 2,000lb bombs deal, this game just got a lot more serious.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

And arise it will, maybe 5, maybe 10 years from now Iran will slip a nuke to Hamas, and Israel's nightmare ride will begin.

Can I laugh at that?
And arise it will, maybe 5, maybe 10 years from now Israel will slip a nuke to Jandullah, and Iran's nightmare ride will begin.

Stop speculating, it is the easiest thing we can do, and it has devastating consequences due to its ability of altering mind, through mind altering body.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I do not see how the UK can have much to say about it, they , afterall have proposed the building of 10 new nuclear stations . If they can go about invading countries, exploiting resources , supporting terrorists , supporting and participating in staging coups against democratically elected governments , then why cannot Iran develop that same energy capability .

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Apart from Rome . They lost to the 'barbarians ', but it was their history that prevailed . Rameses too , I guess , didn't always win , but we get his (winning ) version . More down to the craft of writing it seems than to actual victory in battle. Maybe that is an argument for the pen being greater than the sword ...

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The headline should read: "IRAN gives United Nations the middle finger."

Good luck to those in power in IRAN....I hear the clock ticking down......

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yes but the example is closer to the cops shoot you in the face when you tell them to F off and then plant a gun and drugs in your hands and say you started threatening them and waving the gun around.

Then they found a list of people you sold guns to who happen to be all your family and friends so its time to go on a witch hunt and arrest them all or maybe have a few more gun fights.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Israel will strike... and 1st....
How do you think they won the other wars?

LOL.

Iran is so dumb....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join