It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Video from Pittsburgh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here is footage of Shenley Park around the time of the OPs video:

Police swarm the campus of UPitt

Police seal off the campus of UPitt

Police teargas students at UPitt, trap them in a staircase

Man kidnapped off the street, forced into car by men in camo

Police deploy sound weapon against protesters, declare it an "unlawful assembly":

LRAD sound weapon in action against peaceful crowd:

Police take trophy photo with arrested student on his knees

Police harass and provoke biker until she fights back:

Here's what Luke Rudowski was saying through his bullhorn earlier in the day:

Masked undercover police discovered infiltrating crowd

Police operation "Hammer and Anvil" (Footage with police scanner feed)

Are we having fun yet?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Exemplar]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jackboot.Heel

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Critical_Mass

Your not the only one with that idea...

i remember someone with a sign at the protest that said...

'We came here unarmed..... this time!'

I wonder how the next one will look like with all the tension that arose from this protest.

It will look like six hundred men in blue earning their brown stripes.

Followed by the opening shots of the next American revolution.

The next American Revolution, as you put it, is not going to be fought to defend the rights of a bunch of bored kids who are mad because the police shut them down at a G20 protest. We have far fatter fish to fry in this nation. Just ask an Oath Keeper.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Ok, lets say we don't know the whole story but if they did get pepper sprayed AFTER they laid down, is this a justifiable police action?
or just a spiteful act by a childish cop?

This is still just hearsay. You are taking the word of someone that is pleading for donations to fight for his side against the big bad wolf.

I am along with others on this: bring out the unedited tape. First, if the camera was rolling and at some point appeared to be rolling while they were all told to get on the ground, then why edit out that actions that took place?

Seems odd that you would only show the peaceful parts of your protest without savagely showing the over-reacting police actions (i.e. tear gassed while on the ground).

Some other things to think about. What if only half the group got on the ground, while the others refused?

But typical for some here to just jump right out about how wrong this is and things like police state without actually critically thinking of it from an objective point of view.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

"Bored kids" play video games and sports, go to the mall or the movies and hang out with friends. Kids concerned about their future and the future of the country assemble peacefully so that their voice can be heard. There is only one result to stifling the voice of the people.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." -JFK

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukman2009
...going to hit someone with a baton when they have tripped over, spraying pepper spray in peoples faces when they have complied with instructions, surrounding these people and not allowing them to move anywhere making the situation 10 times worse...

Besides what the kid recounted about said actions, can you point out those actions in the video where they occurred? How do we know this isn't and hasn't been sensationalized?

I still find this place (ATS) bizarre from time to time. People clamor on about needing evidence and proof. You look at things from every angle, even abstract and obscure, except this.

Besides the few here that have stated wanting to know more about it, everyone else is just coming out of the wood-works and instantly, without even using any logical and/or critical thinking to understand that we don't have the full story.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This topic is incendiary.

Stirs up an "Us vs. Them" mentality among most. "Stick it to the Man!" vs. "Get a haircut, you f'ing hippie!" [I know...I'm dating myself.] You get my point.

In the BIGGER picture, as has been noted, we have seen over the past, say, 20 years, a large increase in Big Brother-type policing. Which has taken away personal liberties, erosively and explosively, if you will.

And They will, mind you. For those who reflexively lash out against the protesters, upon whom does the burden of lawfulness fall? The "rag-tag" group of Americans, rightfully gathering to make a point? Even the KKK, God help 'em, has a right to gather. As do, of course, the G20 players. OR, are the lawmen pledged to uphold a higher standard?

I believe our law enforcement actually take a pledge, upon admission into service, to uphold the Constitution. Many of these men and women sacrifice more than most of us could ever imagine in order to protect and serve.

Unfortunately, leadership defines corruption. And all of us, on "both sides" of the law, are compromised.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I wonder how the next one will look like with all the tension that arose from this protest.

The next American Revolution, as you put it, is not going to be fought to defend the rights of a bunch of bored kids who are mad because the police shut them down at a G20 protest. We have far fatter fish to fry in this nation. Just ask an Oath Keeper.

As far as I'm concerned the day people are denied the right to assemble through intimidation is one to remember. And if your fine to sit on your laurels until someone you know gets a concussion from 'judicious force' at a peaceful rally, then more power to you.I'm pretty sure George Washington, Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Jefferson didn't attend the rally that opened the first Revolution either.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Exemplar

The video you have under this heading
"Police teargas students at UPitt, trap them in a staircase"

I think you, as well as others know that the two 'police' officers standing on top of the staircase are not really police.

If you look at other footage and even footage in that video, the riot gear is all uniform. Knee-pads, not silly baseball catcher's shin/knee guards are worn, as can be clearly seen on the 2 supposed police officers at the top of the stairwell. Also, if they fired tear gas into the staircase area, people wouldn't be calm. You would have coughing, runny nose, tearing, excessive saliva (yeah, been gassed before).

And what's with them holding what looks to be like 2 white PVC piping instead of black batons?

Silly video of college kids looking to make a YouTube hit.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ownbestenemy]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I think you are wrong.

I have been to the G20 protests, and this did in fact happen, i would also like to add that these policemen on top of the stairs were policemen!

they all didn't look the same at the protest. some were in all black, some were in desert BDU's.

some had knee pads, some didn't. some had a clear riot shield, some didn't.

Just because it didn't look right to you doesn't mean that it was faked...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

The video you have under this heading
"Police teargas students at UPitt, trap them in a staircase"

I think you, as well as others know that the two 'police' officers standing on top of the staircase are not really police.

If you look at other footage and even footage in that video, the riot gear is all uniform. Knee-pads, not silly baseball catcher's shin/knee guards are worn, as can be clearly seen on the 2 supposed police officers at the top of the stairwell. Also, if they fired tear gas into the staircase area, people wouldn't be calm. You would have coughing, runny nose, tearing, excessive saliva (yeah, been gassed before).

And what's with them holding what looks to be like 2 white PVC piping instead of black batons?

Silly video of college kids looking to make a YouTube hit.

Were these also not police?

Also, the effects of the tear gas on students starts at 1min into the video, if you bothered to watch it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What happened in Pittsburgh was severely tame to what could've and was predicted to happen. Look at the G-20 Summit in London, or the G8 in Germany. Or even the WTO Seattle riots back in 1999. Now those were riots. Or look at any Korean riot for crying out loud. They use fire against the police.

What came from Pittsburgh: College kids who pretty much got tear gassed by overly paranoid police officers. Horrible but what did you expect?

No, this is not a time to "lock n load" like another poster said. This was just a world event that included riot police assaulting protesters.

This is nothing new. At ALL.

OH by the way, the video is not disturbing. You want something disturbing?

^Seattle

Pittsburgh doesn't know how lucky they are.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

[edit on 17-11-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In being aware of the many accusations against police, brutality, and injustice, this video has answered the one question I was waiting for.

When is it time to stand up? The answer is now obvious. When the government and it's officials attack the people!

For the next rally, there needs to be at minimum 1 MILLION people of the Patriot movement to come in. If a single official causes harm to a single citizen, it's time to unleash. For the men and women who are willing to attack the citizens, whoa be unto them!

In simplicity, Open fire and kill them. 1 million is a lot larger than 1000. Time to take a stand! Make them run for their lives! The survivors can retel the story of how the people have had "ENOUGH!!!!!!"

IT IS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the people of the country are attacked, it is an attack on the country.
This is an act of Treason. Lets' take the country back!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I will concede that they were police, but will not on the gassing. What effects? The mild coughing? I only had to endure saying my name and social security number while getting gassed and in those brief 3 seconds I will tell you the effects: Coughing at first, extremely flushed skin on the face, snot coming outta of your nose like it was a faucet, watery eyes.....

I see none of those effects on them. Sorry. Again, I know when to correct myself, but I am only on the police issue, not the gassing of them on the stairs.

**What it looks like is they were getting the residual effects from tear gas below, not actually on the stair case**

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by toddhawley

So you are going to advocate an armed resistance based on a video that has been severely edited to fit an organization's need for donations?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
yes the thing about videos like this are that were only getting one side of the story, which normaly, tends to be a little more whiney. They provoked the actions of the police, rocks and sticks and other objects were thrown. As soon as that happened it turned into an "oh poor me" situation "I'm innocent I didn't do anything!"

Notice how they claim things had happened but they don't show the footage of those moments of tear gassing while on the ground and what have you

better to get both sides stories than to just jump the gun with the one side.

-Joe

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I agree. I don't think that they deployed the tear gas into the stairs, it was from what was going on below.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The "crowd control" was, local police, military, and solicited officers flown or shipped in NATION WIDE,
they were there because they were PAID, and they were paid well, very very well.
There were also LEO's on standby in surrounding counties.
The protestors, were local and from ALL locations here and abroad, they were there to voice their concerns and to stir up some attention against what most sit and write about or complain about in the comfort of their chairs.
SURE.. some of the protestors "youthful" piss and vinegar are not tempered with the patience of age, BUT they were THERE, believing in what they were doing and believing that their actions benefitted not just themselves but others as well.
They were there on their own accord,UNPAID, motivated only by acting for what they believed was, and is, RIGHT....freedom and fairness.
The "crowd control" was compensated, paid, their motivation was payment, money, cash.
You dont come from Flagstaff to Pitt.... because youre concerned about PITT.
It will bode well for the UN Peacekeeper to know that they will be welcomed on American soil by so many here, and may those that welcome them suffer first, and the greatest of all,
just like Kissenger predicted decades ago.
And when they cry out for help and none arrives, may they remember the principles they abandoned right before they expire under the boots they embraced.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I found this video to be the most disturbing:

edit: n/m I see the video has already been posted. I was referring to the video of students being trapped in a stairwell. I don't think the video is faked.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by maus80]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

As far as I'm concerned the day people are denied the right to assemble through intimidation is one to remember. And if your fine to sit on your laurels until someone you know gets a concussion from 'judicious force' at a peaceful rally, then more power to you.I'm pretty sure George Washington, Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Jefferson didn't attend the rally that opened the first Revolution either.

Don't even try to lump Franklin, Jefferson and Washington into the same group as these G20 protesters. When I am called up it will be for a far greater motive than that of some disappointed G20 protester.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If I were a businessman whose windows were smashed, I would be outraged. If I were in the crowd, I would be outraged. If I were a cop who was abused all day, I would be outraged.

IMHO the video looks like a fund raising device.

Big cities are not the bastions of freedom, quite the contrary, too many rules.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join