It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Video from Pittsburgh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I wonder do they drug these police officers in USA ?
Iv seen many videos where their behavior is beyond aggressive, you can see pure madness in some of them

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
SSDD, folks. Cops have been putting nightsticks to skulls since the Roman years, and these were pretty nice compared to some of the fire hosing/dog loosing/finger stomping 'protection' that society got in the 60s and 70s.

That said, these riot cops are pretty much what you have to expect. Does anyone think the real heroes of a police department don fifty lbs of lexan, put on a helmet that hides their face and saddle up for a day of beating down people protesting the banking elite? Do you think it takes anything but a swaggering bully to be brave when you have a line of men who look exactly like you stretching from horizon to horizon? I wonder how tough those piggies would have been if they had show their faces and go home that night to see their friends, family and fellow citizens after that.. What would you do if you found out someone you knew maced someone who was laying belly down on the ground? Would you say it was all in a days work for the brave police?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Jackboot.Heel]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is extremely disturbing.

It does not appear that any resistance was obvious.

I am sickened by this happening in the USA.

I wish this type of action would start on the politicians, then the lobbyists.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
Picking up and throwing or kicking tear gas canisters back into the police crowds.

I hate to snip as good of a post as yours, but this point makes my blood boil.. How is it unreasonable of the protestors do to this? If tear gas is such a mild, acceptable thing to have happen to you, then the police should just man up and take what they've been dishing out. Or if tear gas is so terrible that it being returned to sender is illegal, then it shouldn't have been brought into play in the first place..

Whats next, saying protesters are bad people for punting pineapple grenades back when the police start throwing those?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I cant believe people are sticking up for the police on this one, going to hit someone with a baton when they have tripped over, spraying pepper spray in peoples faces when they have complied with instructions, surrounding these people and not allowing them to move anywhere making the situation 10 times worse. These "tactics" that you are advocating are the same ones that killed an innocent news seller on his way back from work in london. Its just plain wrong.

I agree that these people may have wound the police up etc but that reaction is like something that you see in Iran "violent suppresion"

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
reply to post by jibeho

Clearly you feel threatened by the reality of fellow Americans exercising our "God-given", inalienable basic human rights.

You should go and hang out on the poop deck for awhile. Think about what you've done.

I am all for protesting for one's cause within the legal boundaries of course. God does not give a protester the right to throw rocks, honey buckets, molotovs and burn dumpsters.

Plenty of people from all walks of life protested during the Tea Party march without any problems. Why?

Pittsburgh was a unique situation with an entirely different group of protesters. Everyone knew what they were getting into. IF they didn't then shame on them. The 20/20 hindsight of this weak attempt at a protest is just amazing. The protest was unorganized and unfocused. I guarantee most people just showed up to see what would happen and they probably have no idea what the G20 is. It is just something that they should protest against. The turnout was small, scattered and meaningless because no central message was conveyed.

Now the only thing they are worried about is their police records because they may actually have to find a job someday.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
what those police are doing is illegal

if you really want something to be done about this that video could be used as evidence in court though the police would probably just get a slap on the wrist

[edit on 17-11-2009 by RoyalCanadian]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wrote about this a few days ago, it didint get attention.

Luke is now a reporter for Russia today news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was also in that area when i went.... for those who remember that i went to the G20 protests.

S&F

MY G20 threads...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...
G20 tribute:

I messed up on the ending because my MM kept crashing... should of came out better.... but anyway... enjoy!

[edit on 11/17/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
I think it's fine if the Police want to be pre-prepared before any untoward happening. Don't see any wrong in it truthfully.

are you a terrorist or something? the police are assaulting americans and you dont see anything wrong? open your eyes

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian

are you a terrorist or something? the police are assaulting americans and you dont see anything wrong? open your eyes

Yeah, he's a terrorist. And I'm a terrorist too. In fact, any one who DOESN'T agree with what YOU think? They're all terrorists. Good argument.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

There is nothing wrong with his eyes. He sees and thinks differently than you there is no need to put labels or names on him.

I mean that is what this whole argument is about, RIGHTS. Now you are going to say this man/woman doesn't have the right to think different of a situation when you are claiming these people have the right to do anything they want to a city and its LEO. Talk about hypocrits.

Police brutality aside, I think those cops outfits are pretty dang sweet actually, I would wear one of those. I think it would work for getting my wife sexied up before bed time.

Maybe the protesters should just invest in some body armor before they start these events, wouldn't that solve a lot of problems and put them on equal footing?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This article in the Pittsburgh Post just about sums it all up. There was endless array of different groups with as many different causes that were all attempting to protest at the G20. Some groups received permits others were denied. Some didn't bother with the process and just showed up. The city set up areas that did not require permits. That was not good enough apparently.

Pick a cause any cause. Burmese democracy, Tibetan, Falun Gong, Darfur, Anti war, social justice, environmental yadda yadda...

www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i'm wondering what charges these people are facing...
does anyone know? maybe i missed it...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Assault weapons should be open carried at all protest events to dissuade police brutality.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Critical_Mass

Your not the only one with that idea...

i remember someone with a sign at the protest that said...

'We came here unarmed..... this time!'

I wonder how the next one will look like with all the tension that arose from this protest.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Critical_Mass

Your not the only one with that idea...

i remember someone with a sign at the protest that said...

'We came here unarmed..... this time!'

I wonder how the next one will look like with all the tension that arose from this protest.

It will look like six hundred men in blue earning their brown stripes.

Followed by the opening shots of the next American revolution.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

A little research would have been helpful.

1. Was the speaker actually there?
2. Background on the speaker.
3.Why you believe EVERYTHING stated.
4. What were the Police thinking?

What you have done is taken a youtube video, commented that AMERICA stinks and moved on.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jackboot.Heel

thats an image that we do not want to come into fruition.

although, the way things are going with how these protests were handled and what-not i would not be surprised if it did happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

What tension? There was no message that was successfully conveyed at this G20 session. The issue was long dead until this thread surfaced. I have yet to see a single post in this thread that actually stands for something other than the perceived oppression of the police on the poor, unfocused and bored protesters.

The average US citizen ie. Joe Sixpack, ie. the majority of the population can't even relate to these protesters or their cause de jour.

Give these whizbang protesters guns and they would probably point them at each other. No wait. The protesters are probably anti gun as well... Scratch that.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Welcome to the United Nazi States of America.

The transition from a democracy to a fascist state in my opinion, is all but complete.

I just didn't think that it would happen so fast.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join