It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Video from Pittsburgh

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is my letter I sent to Pittsburgh Mayor Ravenstahl

Ok,

What the hell is this?

www.youtube.com...

When did we become a police state?

I fought for 22 years in the military and participated in 5 wars, just so Americans can have the right to assemble and utilize the freedom of speech.

Who in the hell has the right to take that away? Nobody I voted for.... Did I give up those years of my life for no reason?

Am I totally and permanently disabled for no reason?

I guess Homeland Security was correct in labeling all retired military and Veterans as possible terrorists, because the very same rights we fought to protect now appear meaningless...

At least in Pittsburgh! I will tell you right now, had I been there and had I been armed I would have shot the first idiot who would have raised any weapon towards me.

It is called self defense...

Just how was that megaphone a cause for such actions? The freedom of speech is, or was... a constitutional right. Just when did it become legal to take away those rights?

When those kids wanted to leave, why were they not allowed to? Watch the video and see for yourself!

I am disgusted in what I saw the police do. Pittsburgh is where I grew up. It is where I received my education, it is where I decided to join the military.
Now it is a place where I can see my self being beaten by a hoard of Police with batons when I speak out against anything while sitting in my wheel chair.
There is no excuse for these actions.

This is America the land of the Free? How can you allow these rights to be taken away?

No do not use the G20 as an excuse, this is still America and not some third world foreign country where over 1/3rd of the population is starving, while the elite sit within their marble castles and eat caviar.

Yes what I am seeing coming out of Congress and the White house certainly looks like it is planning to send us, the U.S. that way.

Xxx Xxxxxx

Oops, perhaps I shouldn't have put my name there? Now I guess I should expect Orwellian Big Brother to come knocking on my door. What is next? Book burning?

Note: I did put my name on the letter to the Mayor. I would have put it here but there are too many freaks here.... You know who you are! LOL!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
excellent post! I'm glad someone can see this for what it is... Like an old guy once said.. those that are willing to give up freedom for the sake of security deserve neither!.. I think it was Franklin or Jefferson.. can't remember right now..

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is some BS if I aint ever seen it. I never trusted cops anyway, I live in LA, so they profile all the time out here. I'm not surprised that these bastards pulled an intimidation tactic like that and they dont want us to bear arms. Shiittttt protect urself is how i see it, by any means necessary, kill or be killed.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewbit Wing

The fictitious video you watched was heavily edited to show what they wanted you to see. It's a nice propaganda piece from these protesters to show how the man stepped on them. If they had shown the truth you would have changed your letter accordingly.

They wanted you to see how they were just peaceful protesters innocently practicing their constitutionally protected first amendment rights.

However it has been shown in this thread already that these rioters were anything but peaceful.

We have also shown that while yes while congress cannot make any law against your freedom of speech, cities and states can regulate where and when you practice it in public.

Rioting is not a constitutional right. Nor is it your right to disobey laws of the city you live in. It's not if they didn't have a scheduled protest set up. They did. During that day there was no clashes with police on that day during the scheduled protest. It was outside the designated protest time and place that there were problems with rioters and police.

That's what yall aren't understanding. If they had followed the laws of PA (10th Amendment) there would had been no problem.

[edit on 11/22/2009 by whatukno]

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join