It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I first heard about Jesus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Today I was telling someone about when I first heard about Jesus and how he died and God raised him from the dead,and I decided to share it with some of you ...I think you will be blessed ..

If your not interested in hearing it then just feel free to skip this post ..

I was about 4 years old and I lived in Alaska ...I used to climb to the very top of the Pine trees and look out at the awesome beauty of the mountains and the snow ..it was so pure and so white and so breathtaking that I cant describe it to you in words..
Anyway one day I was looking at it from the tree top and I said outloud WHO DID THIS >.and I heard a voice that said I DID >...(for real ..and no I never heard voices before this) .............I looked up and around to see who said it ...but didnt see anyone ..my spirit knew though even as a young child that it had to have been God ..(I had heard about God a little but not much before this time) my parents and relatives who lived there sure didnt know him very much ....the only real time I heard the word God was when they were cussing eachother when drunk .

So a few years went by I was about 6 maybe and we moved to another Island only this one was a real town with churches ,schools etc ..(the Island we lived on had nothing not even electricity or running water ) (we moved every six months when fishing season was up so we could get work).........and my neighbor started taking me to church where I heard about Jesus Christ ...
My mom would feed all the neighborhood animals so we had a bunch of cats and dogs etc ..one day I found a bird outside that had been hurt and he could not fly so I took him in and put him in a cage ...until he got better...
One day one of the cats got to him and killed him .I figured it was a good time time to see if God could really raise someone from the dead ..so I prayed to God and said if you are God and you are real then surely you could raise the bird from the dead...so I got a box and put it in it ...I put toilet paper around the bird and taped the box shut with lots of tape ..and I buried it ..
Then I forgot about it for about a month and remembered it one day and went and dug it up and the top was still taped ..toilet paper was still in it but nothing but 1 feather was in the box ...
I told no one that I had buried it ..just so I could know for sure that no one would come and fool me by taking it out ..

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Are you serious?

Those are two amazing stories. Do you realize how many of us would love to hear just one spoken word from the Almighty?????

I don't mean how he speaks to us in our conscience, but an audible spoken word. WOW, how I wish i could have heard that.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am very serious ....and I am not crazy ....this really did happen to me ...

There is only one other time that I actually heard the Lord speak outloud .
I was in the kitchen cooking a few years ago and I kept hearing my name being called ..I thought it was my husband but he said it wasnt him .
So I went back in the kitchen and finished my cooking ..
The Lord said ...Linda would you die for me ..
I started to cry because he said it twice ...
I then said ..Lord you know I am a big chicken ..but for you I would if you asked that of me ..

PS ..I am a pretrib believer so this was a real surprise to me ...because I have never thought that I would be here during the real stuff that is coming .(The great tribulation) .................
So this was not me making it up in my mind .......

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The main point to this is that God really does exist and he really can do anything ..(The impossible is possible with God) ......
Even though I experienced that as a child ...I am just like everyone else in that I get caught up with the problems in this world ...and my faith waivers when we are poor and cant afford groceries or pay bills etc even though both my husband and I work more than our bodies will even handle anymore (we are getting old ) .............

Yesterday I was on one of those feel sorry for me days and I thought about how in this world there is no hope of anything getting better (the economy etc)
It is only going to get worse as we all know and can see now even with our physical eyes .........and the Lord brought back to my remembrance of those times in my life where the impossible happened to me (many many more times even than those two times I mentioned on here) ......and it dawned on me that the things of this world are getting out of reach for all of us for a REASON ...we put our hope and our faith in how much money we can make,how many items we can buy,how much food we can put in the Refrigerator etc that WE think these things makes our lives better..when in fact it does NOTHING except make us so comfortable that we sit around and become less spiritual,less careing of the things of God ,and it does nothing for us but make us GORGE and get SPOILED (taking advantage of what we do have) and we are not even thankful for anything anymore .
It also makes us think that the work of our own hands is all we need .

Why would anyone who has everything (food,a job,a house,a family etc)
Even need God ? They wouldnt ...in fact they forget GOD in those times ..Because they only call him when THEY need him for something ...and most times they do not need him so they dont speak to him at all ..........

So all of this mess this world is in is really GODS GREAT MERCY (allowing it to happen this way ) giving us all a chance to CALL OUT TO HIM before it is to late ........because soon he is coming back...............
And it is his will that ALL COME TO KNOW HIM before it is too late .......

He loves us ..but its obvious that we dont love him enough to return that love .....not only do we not love him ..we dont even speak to him ...(what kind of love is that ) and when we do its only to ask him to HELP US >>
And we sure dont have any faith of him helping us through all of this mess thats going on ....................

HE is the Creator of all things ..Oh yea of little faith ...
I hear him saying that to me daily these days ..
And after all that he has shown me and done for me I am ASHAMED of myself ..............

FORGIVE US LORD for our UNBELIEF >........

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I didn't think you were crazy silly, I didn't say that.

I just wish I could hear the Lord's voice.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Hi Simply,
Well said!
Keep your Faith,
never lose Hope and Love,
even when it seems that all has been lost!

Take care,

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hi Not....I know you were not saying that ...but I knew that some would come in and think that I am crazy (my friends all think I am too lol) ..

Hi Helen ..AMEN >.....same to you .....
Things are getting really serious for everyone these days ..I was trying to help inspire others who may think they have been through all that they can take .
I think we all have to really hang onto our faith as if it is for our life ..the bible clearly says WILL I FIND FAITH WHEN I COME >...the faith of many is being shaken as much as it can be shaken ...please everyone hold on ..
The Lord is not as we are ..he is not unstable in his ways ..he does not change with the wind as we all do ...he will do as he says he will .....and he says that there is nothing that can separate us from him ....if he is our life(as in you gave him yourself 100 percent ) then our life belongs to him and he will TAKE CARE OF WHAT IS HIS (and that is us ..those who love him and have made him Lord of their lives) ...........

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Today I was telling someone about when I first heard about Jesus and how he died and God raised him from the dead,and I decided to share it with some of you ...I think you will be blessed ..

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I love your stories and I believe you.

I've had many experiences too, throughout my life but they seem to be speeding up and happening more frequently over the last few years. I've even started a potential thread in my notepad to see if others are haviing similar experiences but I'm really shy and I seriously doubt it will ever see the light of day. I prefer tucking away gems in others threads.

Less than a week ago, I had just laid down and shut my eyes to go to sleep and I heard a voice. It wasn't outside me, but more like it reverberated through me. The voice was very deep bass, a bit off-key, and kinda scary. All it said was "Yah Veh."

The next day, when I got online, I looked it up and realized it is a sacred name of God. I've always called God - God. I knew of the name Jehovah and Yahweh but this Yahveh is a new one for me. I even spelled it wrong, when I first looked it up "Yahvey" because I just spelled it out like I heard it.

Naturally, I started researching the voice of God and found that others saying it has thunder and lion-like qualities. I would agree with that.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Was the voice you heard…strong, powerful, but at the same time gentle? (I know that sounds kind of crazy)

Because if it was, you are not alone…I have heard it too and I believe it was God speaking. I have only ever heard it once and it is quite a profound and powerful experience, for anyone to have.

I can almost picture the beautiful scenery, you must have seen as child on top of that pine tree. I loved the way you described it.

Thank you for sharing your story…

- JC

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I was in a remote place once. I looked up the night sky, saw the Milky Way and felt God.

It was so beautiful from an island with no electricity and lights at night!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hi Joe ...yes it was powerful ,yet gentle but manly too (like a father figure) ....
I felt total respect for him..so much so that I could not say anything back ....I was just in awe of his voice and the beauty of the land I was observing ...and at that time never had any reason to ever respect the adults that I grew up with (they were all mean and hateful and strict as heck with me and they drank alot and did stupid things) ....so I didnt respect him just because he had an adult voice ...I respected him because I felt he was all powerful ..
I mean he did tell me that it was he who made all that I was seeing ..that was seriously bigger than anyone I could comprehend even knowing ...lol ...you know what I mean ...

After that ..I didnt really hear him again until I was older and came to know the Lord Jesus Christ ...and now I hear him all the time ..
And yes I can determine his voice from mine ......always have been able to do that ...(scripture even says his own hear his voice because they KNOW HIM and are known by him ) ......................

I told a shrink once ..I hear my voice ..Gods voice and satans voice ..
She asked how I could tell the difference in them ,..
I told her the Lords voice is soft,soothing,gentle and all powerful ..the devils voice talks alot and is always trying to convince me of stuff ..my voice is the one in the middle who weighs what each ones says to me and tries to determine which voice to listen to at that time .. lol ....

They didnt lock me up and they didnt give me meds for hearing voices ..because she believed me ...>..(at least not those kinds of meds lol)

I saw your questions on another thread about if Jesus is the way or not ...................
Scripture is clear that JESUS is the way the truth and the light ..
And by no other way can one be saved .
All who came before him and will come after him are theifs and robbers ..
He is the DOOR (there are many doors ..wide is the path to destruction narrow is the way and few there be that find it ) ..........
Read all of John 10 ..it is pretty clear there is no other way ..but by JESUS CHRIST >>
JOHN 10
www.blueletterbible.org...

But you cannot come less the spirit draw you first (and I believe that the spirit drew me as a young child ) and continued to draw me till I got to know Jesus Christ ..then he began to LIVE IN ME not just outside of me ..
The spirit of GOD was given UPON CHRISTS DEATH (Not before that )>>.
Even though we have the breath of life at birth (all of us have life) we must be born again from flesh to spirit which is what the Holy Spirit does within us ..he is working from within us to create us ANEW on the inside (our heart soul body and mind) (this takes a close walk with him in obedience to his will from the time we believe till the day we are changed completely) >...from sinful nature (carnal minded) to spiritual minded ...and someday a complete change will happen ..(we will be changed bodily as well ) 1 Corinthians ..........

1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.
1Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Cr 15:55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?
1Cr 15:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
1Cr 15:57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Cr 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Sorry didnt mean to preach ...
Just wanted to stay off that thread you were on because Badmedia and I do not see eye to eye on MANY THINGS ..
Even though some things I do agree with him on ..
Two very important things we cant agree on is .
Jesus is the ONLY WAY ..and he was the LAMB WHO WAS SLAIN for our TRANSGRESSIONS >......
He took the total wrath of God of which we all deserve ..but because he loved us so much he took it all and said we do not have to endure that wrath if we REPENT AND AccEPT JESUS AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR .
Because if he lives IN YOU then he will make us LIKE HE IS and he was PURE IN HEART MIND SOUL AND BODY ....and he works on us to make us like he is ..IF WE WILL LET HIM IN >...

Notice what this says .
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Now read this
Phl 2:5 ¶ Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Phl 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Phl 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;
Phl 2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Now is there any other name under heaven by which men can be saved ?

Is Budah or Mohammed or Allah or the Goddess of Diana or whoever mentioned at all in any of these scriptures ?
And yet they too taught goodness and light didnt they ?
They were mere men ..
Jesus was not a mere man ..even though he came as a mere man ..
He was MORE THAN THAT >..he was the EXPRESS IMAGE OF GOD THE FATHER (can anyone on earth honestly say they are the express image of God ? NO ) >>>>>>......

Hbr 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Is anyone sitting on the right hand of GOD ? NO >>>.Jesus is the only one .
He is the ONLY MEDIATOR between GOD AND MAN >>>
I am pretty sure that voice I heard was JESUS even though I had not even heard of him yet .. ...

1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hey Simplynoone

I told a shrink once ..I hear my voice ..Gods voice and satans voice ..
She asked how I could tell the difference in them ,..
I told her the Lords voice is soft,soothing,gentle and all powerful ..the devils voice talks alot and is always trying to convince me of stuff ..my voice is the one in the middle who weighs what each ones says to me and tries to determine which voice to listen to at that time .. lol ....

They didnt lock me up and they didnt give me meds for hearing voices ..because she believed me ...>..(at least not those kinds of meds lol)

LOL
I have been too afraid lol to tell anyone…in real life, that is…I have only told one Christian friend in real life but I wouldn’t tell anyone else…I mean I couldn’t tell my non Christian friends because they would probably think I was crazy…lol

The only reason I mentioned it here on ATS was because badmedia was talking to someone a while ago, about a philosophical question, which was “What am I?” You see, the voice I heard, asked me a question and the question was “What is Man?” or “What are you?” This was about a year ago but a year prier to that, I started going to a Christian church and asking people lots of questions about God. My parents were not religious, so I didn’t know anything about God or the bible. For a long time going back over a five year period, I kept having chance encounters with Christians, I mean they were like every where I went lol… so about 2 and half years ago, I decided to actually listen to what they were saying and started attending a church, which for me was a big thing. I’m still unsure about a lot of things that are connected to Christian doctrines but I do believe that God spoke through Jesus.

I saw your questions on another thread about if Jesus is the way or not ...................

Just for clarity, the title of my thread is… “Is Jesus the only way to find God”

This is just the thing, I am sure that Jesus is the way but what my thread is really about is, is Jesus the only way (or can people find God without having a bible in front of them). One thing I have struggled with for a long time, is the question of other religious groups, especially the ones who pray to God every day because a lot of Christian doctrines say, that these groups do not know Jesus and therefore do not know God and are therefore not saved etc I’m not sure if this is the best place to discuss this but if you read most of my posts on my thread, you will see where I am coming from.

- JC

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hey Joe ..Yes I have been keeping up with that thread ..

If there is only ONE DOOR by which men can enter heaven through (JESUS) then all other doors will not get you there period .........
John discusses that at length in the verses I posted ..
there is only one door and that door is JESUS CHRIST >.
Not Buddah ...not Mohammed ....not Ghandi ...not aliens etc ....

As far as the bible ...if you were taking classes in College to become a Dr or something ...wouldnt you need to read the required study books about medical things etc.... in order to complete your college education and become a good Dr (at least the best Dr that you can be ) .....
If your seeking to become a great Dr you would read everything imaginable about medical stuff to give you as much knowledge of that subject as possible ...you wouldnt Study the the National Enquirer or Harry Potter books to find out how to be a good Dr would you ?

The bible is really to me a study guide,a diary of Jesus and a history book of the men who followed the Lord God *(back in the day) ...just like I read others personal testimonies from people today (Like yours) ... to help me get a better understanding of who the Father is and who his son Jesus is ..What they did ..why they did it ...to whom they did it too ......etc etc ........................This helps me understand what my purpose is and what the purpose of all of humanity is (Its all in that bible) ........Not to mention the bible has helped me become a better person as well ...

And also I like to hear about the men who followed him (Moses,John,Paul etc) .................
If you wanted to know more about the God who you serve would you read New Age books,(which doesnt have info on Jesus in them ) ....or would you read the books that discuss him the most ...?(The bible) ..

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

If you wanted to know more about the God who you serve would you read New Age books,(which doesnt have info on Jesus in them ) ....or would you read the books that discuss him the most ...?(The bible) ..

Neither. The only way to actually know what is true or not is only through personal understanding, which comes through the father.

Jesus talks about the holy spirit being that which teaches, not the bible. All you do is elevate the bible into the word of god, and then it becomes a replacement for the real thing.

The only reason you have the bible rather than buddha or any other religion is based only on where and when you were born.

This is a prime example between the difference in being able to repeat 1+1=2 and actually understanding what 1+1=2 means. You repeat 1+1=2 because of the book you accepted as the authority on god.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I am very serious ....and I am not crazy ....this really did happen to me ...

so, i am to understand that you are saying the bird was no longer in the box in which you had buried it?
there was only a feather that you knew had been the bird's?

I BELIEVE YOU

i have asked for proof, too
and i have had proof

so, COOL

thanks for being brave and sharing this with us

what else do you know?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
what else do you know?

HI Queen ....in answer to your question ..Nothing there but ONE FEATHER in that box (and the box was still taped shut as I taped it ) .......
Seriously NO ONE ELSE knew about this ...but me ..so no one could have played a cruel joke on me ..I wanted it to be something only GOD could do .....

As far as what else I know ...

I know that I have been supernaturally protected many times in my life ...
I also know that I have been warned in dreams of future events (including dreams about other people to warn them ) ...I get told personal things about people close to me .....so that I can reach in and actually see what the real problem with them is ..not what they say is wrong ..(like things they have buried deep (unforgiveness etc) ........

I know that God whispers things to me when I am about to do things that I am not supposed to do ....he also whispers things for me to do when he wants me to do them ..or say them ....

He leads me ..I do not lead me anymore ....my way SUCKED ...and I was falling into ditches right and left ..or burying my self deeper into holes with no way out ...He always provided ways out for me though since I truly cried out for his help .My life was always in a uproar ..(It is no longer that way since I seriously commited to knowing him and doing his will instead of my own will) .....................

Thats about all I really know for sure ...those things that LITERALLY happened to me over the last 50 years (thats how old I am ) ......

He called me when I was young ..but I didnt really come to him till my life was totally screwed up (which is about what everyone does) ..Now I know better ...been there done that and not gonna go there again ..
I LOVE THE LORD and I KNOW HE LOVES Me ...and I also know that he LOVES ALL OF US very much ...WHY WE CANT or DONT want to love him back is something I never could figure out ..

PS Sorry Badmedia ..I dont have the time or the patience or the energy to go back over all of that with you again ...(I have been very sick lately with the flu) .....................................
All I can say is if you dont think you need to read the bible then dont read it .
If you dont think Jesus died for you then thats your problem not mine .
Your set on what you believe and so there is NO POINT in me even trying anymore to convince you otherwise ..All I can say is I hope for YOUR SAKE that your correct .....

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Matthew 5

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees,ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

What have I said to you the entire time? Is it not exactly the above?

[edit on 12/7/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Listen, I think you are both correct in a way. There is only one door, as you have said. But many paths tend to correct the self, making the self miserable until that door is found. I think badmedia is trying to show that a Christ-like perspective is one of: if one judges, one is judged to the same extent. It is a way of keeping our awesome power granted by God in check, a corrective mechanism. You are judging badmedia to be destined to hell , so watch out for the recoil. You wind up a clock in judgment, it unwinds fully, leaving you exactly where you started. The folly of humanity leads to the destruction of all it has created. Besides, even though Christ is the door, as you have said, the teachings of men and women have corrupted it, so be discerning. The spirit of Christ allows for a continuous upward spiral, reconciling both free will and love. Christ, ironically enough, sought to teach a way not involving religion and ritual, yet strutting peacocks sought vainglory in the name of Christ while the ink was still wet. It is the way of the world, at least for now. I do not speak this way over humanity forever. We do not have to repeat the same mistakes.

We have been split in this world, and Christ is a bridge across the gap, reconciling free will and love. Emotion runs in circles. Logic runs into a wall. When the two are reconciled, when there is no longer fear of the "other," but love, the two align to create a beautiful, unfolding, upward spiral that is beneficial for everyone. When the two are at odds, when one still defines oneself by what one is not, then the two align behind the scenes to create what could be personified as a megalomaniacal, androgynous goat, creating a destructive downward spiral. Unfortunately, many play the role of this androgynous goat, as it is a gateway to worldly power, but not for much longer. It is the center of our vainglorious dramas, and it PERPETUALLY creates a pathology that plagues society. Many PERSEVERate on this concept, but this is no good perseverance.

When logo (logic signifying a selfish meaning, an angle) and patho (unbridled emotion and passion seeking only excitement, seeking only to be cited by another, to be the vainglorious center of the drama circle), then a pathology is created. When LOGOS (the central logic of everything seeking reconciliation and love) aligns with PATHOS (reconciled emotion, or love), then the holy spirit sweeps the land. Please, at least read what I say, trying to read between and beyond the lines, if you will. I have faith that it will make sense to you, but of course, the choice is yours.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Let me also reply that I think you, simplynoone, have certainly encountered the creator. But let us be careful, and not make others "guilty as charged." None of us are characters in a whore's (either a man or woman can possess this mentality) drama (I am certainly not speaking of you, but I have faith you will understand what I say), although we have been consistently encouraged to be such. I choose to play "characters," to have "character" in the completion of Christ's drama, but no whore's web will slay me. Get it? None of us is the one, but the one lives in us all, men AND women, not one or the other. None of us are the center of it all, but there is a center. Do you follow? We have to be quite careful to not seek vainglory, as it unwinds as soon as it winds. If we keep "on the watch" for the vainglory of this world, then it shall destroy that which has been created. This watch unwinds as soon as it is wound. The only way to avoid a recoil is to quit making others "guilty as charged." We must forgive and forget and seek reconciliation, not charging others with our very own sins, and we have done it quite often. We have all missed the mark, and we have all aligned with a false mark, the mark of the BEAST, from time to time. "I know you feel it to. These words get overused. When we get up and over them" (and truly see their effects)........It is a nice song. I hope you get what I am trying to say. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join