It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Rumsfeld admits that it may not have been Sarin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
After generating worldwide media coverage SecDef Donalds Rumsfeld now says "don't jump to any conclusions" when confronted with the reports of Sarin filled shells. Rumsfeld told a Washington, D-C audience that the "field test" showing the presence of sarin may not be accurate...

This is a new high in an administration long charged with gross incompetence, Rumsfeld went on to state that more analysis is still to be done -- and that it may take some time to find out just what the chemical was.
He did not confirm whether the results would be released or not. Every story about finding a WMD has proven to be wrong. But only after lots of PR.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Didn't he say this the other day right after it was covered in the media?
I remember reading something along the lines of that it was a field test, and more tests needed to be done to completely cofirm the presence.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
found another piece

Iran's Tehran Times anonymously reports, "Fifty days after the first reports that U.S. forces were unloading weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in southern Iraq, new reports about the movement of these weapons have been disclosed... An Iraqi source close to the Basra Governor's Office told the MNA that new information shows that a large part of the WMD... are in containers falsely labeled as containers of the Maeresk shipping company and some consignments bear the labels of organizations such as the Red Cross or the USAID in order to disguise them as relief shipments... Also, a professor of physics at Baghdad University told the MNA that a group of his colleagues who are highly specialized in military, chemical and biological fields have been either bribed or threatened during the last weeks to provide written information on what they know about various programs and research centers and the possible storage of WMD equipment."

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
do you have a link to that story nerdling?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ah the Iran Times... a bastion of Truth.

Rumsfeld said these things in a press conference the day the shell was found. It's not new ;p

V

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Indeed, but i was feeling particularly contemptuous.

I have a whole page full of his foul-ups, you know where to look

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I believe that it is important to say that more testing needs to be done. Many Bush supporters are using this ONE SINGLE shell as proof that Iraq had WMD. This isn't the first time that this has happened. Everytime someone finds one, the press blows it up. Then later quietly says that they were incorrect.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well... it is sort of proof that they had WMD isn't it? Unless you think he shell was smuggled in from some other country...

Now, whether they had stock piles of WMD, that's another story, but two shells, one with Sarin and one with Mustard gas found within a week or so of each other does tend to give some credence to the fact that WMD are present in Iraq doesn't it?
I mean they actually have the shells.. right, or is it just a conspiracy to help Bush when in Nov?

Variable

new topics

top topics

join