It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology Revelations tonight on Coast to Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Scientology Revelations to night on Coast to Coast

Renegade ex-Scientology employee Marc Headley will discuss his traumatic experiences living and working within the confines of the controversial religion, and the abusive treatment of staff members.

Given this will most likely be a one sided view on Scientology but seeing how hard it is to get any info on this " religion " some may be interested to listen tonight for this mans testament .

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here are some vids i found on this guy

I am having trouble getting the first video to post properly so here is the direct link to the first video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I, too, am looking forward to this man's talk on Scientology. It will be interesting to see if he helps corroborate some of the material I've gotten from the website Operation Clambake and other individuals.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Anyone else catch the program. Thoughts?
I'll have to see if a recording of it is floating about the series of tubes that some call the Internets.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I heard the program and thought it was very good and full of information that needs to be heard by people who may be thinking of getting into Scientology. As I write this post I have a friend coming over to listen to it with me on stream-link.

A few years ago I read the book Dianetics and thought it was fairly interesting. It was to me just another self help book, but the thing that got me wanting to learn more was the promise of perfect recall if you could "Clear" yourself.

I loaned the book to a friend (same one who's coming over now) and he read it and was equally interested. We went to a seminar to learn a little more about Scientology - we told them that we were both active in our churches and didn't want to change religions; to which we were told that you could be a Scientologist and a Christian at the same time.

My friend and I were pretty creeped out at the meeting. They played a video in which you would occasionally see a picture of L Ron Hubbard and when they did that, everyone in the meeting would give the picture a standing ovation.

My friend is a big South Park fan and on the way home that night he started telling me about an episode of South Park that talked about Scientology and we were wondering if that was the real ideas behind it. It sounded so FAR OUT that we both were thinking it couldn't be what they really believed. The Dianetics book and nothing we saw at the meeting pointed toward alien overlords or anything like that. We found out later on that yes - that is part of their belief system, but you don't find that out until you get much deeper involved than we were.

You Tube Video

We were just barely scratching the surface of Scientology. I actually went to the Office once and had a counseling session and an "Audit" done, I bought a video and I attended that one meeting and that's all I ever did. My friend had never been to the Office - I call it an office - they might call it the church - I don't know, he went to the meeting with me and bought a workbook and that's all he ever did.

We got calls from that office for probably a year or more asking how we were doing and if we wanted to come back for this or that. We would get stuff in the mail all the time - little fliers and adverts for events. We kept just blowing them off and getting off the phone with them hoping they would get the point. Eventually the calls stopped. I moved two years ago - I have not been in contact with them AT ALL since I moved. A couple months ago I got another flier from them.

They know where I am!

I'm not afraid of them or anything, its just kind of wild that they found out my new address, and are persistent enough to continue sending me stuff when it's now been three or four years since I was in contact with them and all I ever did was buy a video at their office, and came to one meeting where I thought they were going to serve me and my friend a free dinner. (turned out to be cheese and crackers and little sausages - dang cheap Scientologists)

I didn't really mean to make this post so long (sorry bout that and thanks for bearing with me) - I realize now that there is a lot more to my story that I could tell but I'll leave that for another time.

Edit to change embedded video to a link. And I realized I heard the program, and didn't see it LOL

[edit on 21-11-2009 by sagestranger]

[edit on 21-11-2009 by sagestranger]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A friend of mine was a Scientologist back in the early 90s. She lived in Los Angeles at one of their sites, and from what she told me, she was a virtual prisoner, and she eventually ran away and moved out of state to get away from them. She didn't have anything good to say about them and said they were an evil cult. I don't know to what extent she's enmeshed with them now, since we only keep in touch through Facebook.

What she told me corroborates much of what Marc Headley has said. Hell, I bet they were on the same compound!

Even if you don't buy into everything Marc Headley says, I would steer clear of these people.

There's a lady who has a Scientology booth that hangs out at the 125th street train station every day. She's always bugging passersby to take a "Stress Test" and has a machine on her table that resembles a polygraph. Most people ignore her, thank goodness. Anyone riding the subway during rush hour doesn't need an E-meter to tell them they're stressed

Originally posted by mother1138
Anyone else catch the program. Thoughts?
I'll have to see if a recording of it is floating about the series of tubes that some call the Internets.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by diabolique]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Oh i read about this in the sun newspaper a few weeks ago, poor man, his wife managed to excape a few weeks after he did.

Tom Cruse apparently made him speak to random opjects like ash trays and bottles! strange strange things.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Scientology is a fake religion started just to make money. Ron L Hubbard is a scam artist.

South Park rips on scientology so badly it's beyond hillarious.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I did listen to all three parts of the Mr Headley 'expose',

Even the boot-camp / cloistered atmosphere he now distains,
was at one time OK for him...I guess he finally had that Epiphany moment when it occurred to hime that the life he was living just wasn't that rewarding.

Some Monks & Nuns live in similar circumstances, & they have enough character to 'Buck up' & overcome the 'hardships' that Mr Headley seems determined to equate as a Scientology method of 'torture'.

i'm glad he 'grew-out-of' his situation...however, i ponder IF the life condition he lived for those 15 years...was a need arising from past Karma...or else he was incapable of having self determined responsibility, and that period of 'training' was useful to his life path.

Mr Headley was indeed a part of an 'ant colony' or a 'bee hive' ---
and he probably needed that condition in his life...at that time.

just my reflections
-

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
if you notice, tom cruise has not had hardly any movies roles recently. being a pretty boy, and such a box office hit a while ago, he was in "valkyrie" released in 2008, it's now nov. 2009, and where are the big tom cruise movies??

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
delete double post

[edit on 23-11-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So jimmiX what you saying then is his too busy with Scientology to be doing some movies?

j

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

on the way
www.imdb.com...

new topics

top topics

join