It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchiping included in Healthcare Bill?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Why not tax each bullet, bomb and the manufactors of such items.

While were at it why not tax champagne, limo cars and presidential suites with jacuzzies.

Most of all why not tax politicians to speak. Yes, you read right. Let's tax every word they utter. Every word is taxable. Only factual and truthful words are tax free.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
removed to place on response thread

[edit on 14-11-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k
[mo

My first post...see this website for more on William (Bill) Cooper.....deemed most dangerous talk show host by Presiden Bill Clinton...

www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
First, the class of implant has got to be a clue.....is the RFID chip in a class II category? If so, then there's your answer. Remember our totally unconstitutionally run government has ways to herd the people (I personally don't like the sheeple term, we are all in this together, some just more awake then others) to what they want.
Second, I just can not wrap my mind around a god that, if so loving, lets this evil run amok. And also, a god that I must fear that would damn me to a eternal hell. It just seems so man made to control your actions. These are just a few of the many reasons I do not believe in organised religion. I choose to keep my faith personal and private, not passing judgement on anyone but myself. After all, is that not the worst of all sins, passing judgement, when it is solely reserved for god and only god?
Third and final, Off topic.....Does anyone know if there is a investigation going on regarding Bill Cooper's Murder? Or any other info to said topic? I must admit, I knew of him.....but never really did any research. Now, the issue is knocking at my door and I want to dig into it. Any help would be much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread519049/pg1#pid7529542]post by Chadwickus[/urllThere already is a registry of sorts for implantable medical devices. As a Chief ME's investigator, we often used serial numbers on pacemakers, breast implants, joints, etc, to identify John/Jane Doe c9orpses.
This is nomore onerous than the currently existing central prescription drug databases required by most states.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
First of all, if anyone is going to "chip" me I have to either LET them or it will be put in me without my knowledge.
Secondly, do you know how easy it is to both disable or remove a chip?
Very easy.
I'd be more concerned about the multiplier effect of staunch gathered in mass opponents armed and angry squashing any attempts to violate the last physical freedoms of their bodies.
The "overall" majority of the population would not accept this.....(yet)
The BEST action, (and i've been a follower of my own advice)
is to educate your children, friends , family, to not only that looming possibility but to the constitution that we live under, and the false power of the propoganda and fear pushed on us, and to get and stay involved.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Geez...did anyone think that it might also be about heart devices, kidney devices, artificial limbs, larnyx reconstruction, hearing implants, penile implants, breast implants, artificial knees, artificial hips, ...the list goes on

Of course those are included. However American farmers have been fighting a losing battle with the World Trade Organization on tagging and tracking Livestock. Waxman's Bill HR 2749: Totalitarian Control of the Food Supply establishes a tracing system for ALL food and already has passed the House. Tagging of patients is already a reality. As with livestock ID it is just a matter of time before they make it mandatory.

RFID Applications in Patient Tracking

Overview

Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology is not new if we recollect that we used this technology to identify friendly aircraft during World War II. However, with the falling prices of passive tags, RFID has thus become attractive.

The RFID tags in healthcare may be applied to people (patients and staff) and to objects, allowing the readers on door frames, wards and treatment areas to detect and record interactions. The figure below shows the potential of RFID applications in healthcare settings:

RFID tags eyed to track Washington-area patients in case of disaster

The government wants to use a radio frequency identification system to track certain Washington-area hospital patients in case of disaster, and is seeking small- or veteran-owned businesses to do the job.

The National Naval Medical Center, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center and Suburban Hospital are interested in using RFID tags to track and locate patients in real time, down to specific hospital rooms, with an accuracy rate of 95 percent. The Defense Department currently uses such tags to monitor the movement and location of large shipping containers.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Interesting..

In “real world speak”, according to this report, this new law, when fully implemented, provides the framework for making the United States the first Nation in the World to require each and every one of its citizens to have implanted in them a radio-frequency identification (RFID) microchip for the purpose of controlling who is, or isn’t, allowed medical care in their country.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good that you found this. The whole goal of social programs is to create dependency and thereby control. Social "Benefits" are deceptions. Here are some links towards freedom ---

famguardian.org...

www.mind-trek.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by andrewh7

Well,I guess if you see it on CSI,it must be okay!(?)

How did people ever manage to live before the God of Technology came along?!

I was using a reference I thought the less intellectually sophisticated would understand. The bill is referring to a database of medical device serial numbers so that if that device is found within human remains, it can be used to identify them. I would be more concerned with a library books data base.

God of technology? I don't know what you're talking about. The OP falsely stated this clause has something to do with tracking chips. That's my point. What nefarious purpose could the government have for knowing the serial numbers on your breast implants or hip replacement? Are they going to black mail supermodels who claim they're all natural?

Also, if your hip replacement or pacemaker is recalled by the manufacturer they will know who to send a letter to. Cars have serial numbers too and there's a public database of ownership - perhaps they are part of the conspiracy!

[edit on 14-11-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That is the old bill from July
Here is the bill which passed:
docs.house.gov...
Implantable was removed, however, the definition of device states implantable.... read on.

Stop being nieve people, will they convince you the implantable device is life supporting because ALL info about is in there database.
Look up BIOETHICS and review my post.... I would hate to have my pacemaker storing and sending infomation about how it's working, JUST KEEP MY HEART GOING!

Please read!

Now some people might say well it’s paid for so whatever, it's not adding to the deficit…..NO, NO, NO! Big Deal!

Just like the doctor says I need to take ______ because of…, but I didn’t give him any input because I figure he knows best…..

That alone , my friend, is leaving your fate in the hands of another.

What's in it for me?

Please continue

The first Bill I read was:

waysandmeans.house.gov...

I came to find out that it wasn't the one that passed but rather similar.

in this one it states:

2 ‘‘(i) a class III device; or

3 ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable,

4 life-supporting, or life-sustaining.

but in the final bill, which passed the house, it states:

docs.house.gov...

pg 1502

14 ‘‘(i) shall include each class III device; and

15 ‘‘(ii) may include, as the Secretary determines

16 appropriate and specifies in regulation, a class II de

17 vice that is life-supporting or life-sustaining.

The word implantable was removed, however, the definition of device is:

As in the bill pg 341, is as follows and includes implantable, so we don't need that in the bill......

1 ‘‘(1) MEDICAL DEVICE.—The term ‘medical de

2 vice’ means any device (as defined in section 201(h)

3 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act) in

4 tended for humans.

Definition of Device as stated in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act

(h) The term "device" (except when used in paragraph (n) of this section and in sections 301(i), 403(f), 502(c), and 602(c)) means an

instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, contrivance, implant, in vitro reagent, or other similar or related article, including any component, part, or accessory, which is--

(1) recognized in the official National Formulary, or the United States Pharmacopeia, or any supplement to them,

(2) intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in man or other animals, or

(3) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals, and which does not achieve its primary intended

purposes through chemical action within or on the body of man or other animals and which is not dependent upon being metabolized for the

achievement of its primary intended purposes.

www.fda.gov...

Before we make a decision on the mark, let’s review some other interesting details:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
pg 734

1 ‘‘PART D—COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS RESEARCH

2 ‘‘COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS RESEARCH

3 ‘‘SEC. 1181. (a) CENTER FOR COMPARATIVE EFFEC4

TIVENESS RESEARCH ESTABLISHED.—

5 ‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—The Secretary shall estab6

lish within the Agency for Healthcare Research and

7 Quality a Center for Comparative Effectiveness Re8

search (in this section referred to as the ‘Center’) to

9 conduct, support, and synthesize research (including

10 research conducted or supported under section 1013

11 of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement,

12 and Modernization Act of 2003) with respect to the

13 outcomes, effectiveness, and appropriateness of

14 health care services and procedures in order to iden15

tify the manner in which diseases, disorders, and

16 other health conditions can most effectively and ap17

propriately be prevented, diagnosed, treated, and

18 managed clinically.

DUTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 ‘‘(2) DUTIES.—The Center shall—

20 ‘‘(A) conduct, support, and synthesize re21

search relevant to the comparative effectiveness

22 of the full spectrum of health care items, serv23

ices and systems, including pharmaceuticals,

24 medical devices, medical and surgical proce25

dures, and other medical interventions;

Medical device surveillance????????

pg 735

19 ‘‘(F) encourage, as appropriate, the devel20

opment and use of clinical registries and the de21

velopment of clinical effectiveness research data

22 networks from electronic health records, post

23 marketing drug and medical device surveillance

24 efforts, and other forms of electronic health

25 data; and

Powers, okay

pg 736

12 ‘‘(3) POWERS.—

13 ‘‘(A) OBTAINING OFFICIAL DATA.—The

14 Center may secure directly from any depart15

ment or agency of the United States informa16

tion necessary to enable it to carry out this sec17

tion. Upon request of the Center, the head of

18 such department or agency shall furnish that

19 information to the Center on an agreed upon

20 schedule.

21 ‘‘(B) DATA COLLECTION.—In order to

22 carry out its functions, the Center shall—

23 ‘‘(i) utilize existing information, both

24 published and unpublished, where possible,

25 collected and assessed either by its own

cont...

Duties:

13 ‘‘(2) DUTIES.—The Commission shall—

14 ‘‘(A)(i) recommend to the Center national

15 priorities for research described in subsection

16 (a) which shall take into account—

17 ‘‘(I) disease incidence, prevalence, and

18 burden in the United States;

19 ‘‘(II) evidence gaps in terms of clinical

20 outcomes;

21 ‘‘(III) variations in practice, delivery,

22 and outcomes by geography, treatment

23 site, provider type, disability, variation in

24 age group (including children, adolescents,

25 adults, and seniors), racial and ethnic

pg 739

1 background, gender, genetic and molecular

2 subtypes, and other appropriate popu3

lations or subpopulations; and

Genetic and molecular subtypes?????

Pg 738

3 ‘‘(b) COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS RESEARCH

4 COMMISSION.—

5 ‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—There is established an

6 independent Comparative Effectiveness Research

7 Commission (in this section referred to as the ‘Com8

mission’) to advise the Center and evaluate the ac9

tivities carried out by the Center under subsection

10 (a) to ensure such activities result in highly credible

11 research and information resulting from such re

12search.

Moving on

Composition of commission

Pg 748

10 ‘‘(B) QUALIFICATIONS.—

11 ‘‘(i) DIVERSE REPRESENTATION OF

12 PERSPECTIVES.—The members of the

13 Commission shall represent a broad range

14 of perspectives and shall collectively have

15 experience in the following areas:

16 ‘‘(I) Epidemiology.

17 ‘‘(II) Health services research.

18 ‘‘(III) Bioethics.

19 ‘‘(IV) Decision sciences.

20 ‘‘(V) Health disparities.

21 ‘‘(VI) Health economics.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Let’s review

Epidemiology

History

The Greek physician Hippocrates is sometimes said to be the father of epidemiology. He is the first person known to have examined the

relationships between the occurrence of disease and environmental influences. He coined the terms endemic (for diseases usually found in

some places but not in others) and epidemic (for disease that are seen at some times but not others).[2]

One of the earliest theories on the origin of disease was that it was primarily the fault of human luxury. This was expressed by philosophers

such as Plato[3] and Rousseau,[4] and social critics like Jonathan Swift.[5]

In the medieval Islamic world, physicians discovered the contagious nature of infectious disease. In particular, the Persian physician

Avicenna, considered a "father of modern medicine,"[6] in The Canon of Medicine (1020s), discovered the contagious nature of tuberculosis

and sexually transmitted disease, and the distribution of disease through water and soil.[7] Avicenna stated that bodily secretion is

contaminated by foul foreign earthly bodies before being infected.[8] He introduced the method of quarantine as a means of limiting the

spread of contagious disease.[9] He also used the method of risk factor analysis, and proposed the idea of a syndrome in the diagnosis of

specific diseases.

en.wikipedia.org...

Health services research

The primary goals of health services research are to identify the most effective ways to organize, manage, finance, and deliver high quality

care; reduce medical errors; and improve patient safety.

en.wikipedia.org...

AWWWWWW WOW!

Bioethics

Although bioethical issues have been debated since ancient times, and public attention briefly focused on the role of human subjects in

biomedical experiments following the revelation of Nazi experiments conducted during World War II, the modern field of bioethics first

emerged as an academic discipline in the 1960s.

Principles

One of the first areas addressed by modern bioethicists was that of human experimentation. The National Commission for the Protection of

Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research was initially established in 1974 to identify the basic ethical principles that should

underlie the conduct of biomedical and behavioral research involving human subjects. However, the fundamental principles announced in the

Belmont Report (1979)--namely, autonomy, beneficence and justice--have influenced the thinking of bioethicists across a wide range of

issues. Others have added non-maleficence, human dignity and the sanctity of life to this list of cardinal values.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now take a look at this:

www.bioethics.gov...

Dig in on the right under TOPICS OF COUNCEL CONCERN

These guys have some interesting conversations on Cloning and …. Nanotechnology?

Decision sciences.

Basically different opinions on what people will do in various situations

en.wikipedia.org...

Health disparities

Among the disease-specific examples of racial and ethnic disparities in the United States is the cancer incidence rate among African

Americans, which is 10% higher than among whites.[5] In addition, adult African Americans and Latinos have approximately twice the risk as

whites of developing diabetes.[6] Minorities also have higher rates of cardiovascular disease, HIV/AIDS, and infant mortality than whites.

(See also: Health care in the United States.)[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Health economics

The knowledge gap that exists between a physician and a patient creates a situation of distinct advantage for the physician, which is called

asymmetric information.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Now we move on to medical device surveillance??

pg 735

19 ‘‘(F) encourage, as appropriate, the devel20

opment and use of clinical registries and the de21

velopment of clinical effectiveness research data

22 networks from electronic health records, post

23 marketing drug and medical device surveillance

24 efforts, and other forms of electronic health

25 data; and

pg 911

6 ‘‘(D) The disclosure or reporting, in any

7 format, of the type of information required to

8 be disclosed or reported under this section to a

9 Federal, State, or local governmental agency for

10 public health surveillance, investigation, or

11 other public health purposes or health oversight

12 purposes.

13 Nothing in paragraph (1) shall be construed to limit

14 the discovery or admissibility of information de

15 scribed in this paragraph in a criminal, civil, or ad

16 ministrative proceeding.’’.

Definition of Device as stated in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act

(h) The term "device" (except when used in paragraph (n) of this section and in sections 301(i), 403(f), 502(c), and 602(c)) means an

instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, contrivance, implant, in vitro reagent, or other similar or related article, including any

component, part, or accessory, which is--

(1) recognized in the official National Formulary, or the United States Pharmacopeia, or any supplement to them,

(2) intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in man

or other animals, or

(3) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals, and which does not achieve its primary intended

purposes through chemical action within or on the body of man or other animals and which is not dependent upon being metabolized for the

achievement of its primary intended purposes.

www.fda.gov...

22 ‘‘(1) COMPREHENSIVE PRIMARY HEALTH SERV23

ICES.—The term ‘comprehensive primary health

24 services’ means the core services offered by SBHCs,

25 which—

then we go on to turn the school nurse who provides comprehensive, primary health services during school hours

AND THEN WE SEE "who does not perform abortion services" WHAT THE HELL?

Bro, what happened to the nurse?

Now finishing up we see the sponsoring facilities, the first few would be acceptable but we finish up with native americans, okay, then

comes what perfectly describes the Antichrist Obama "a Native Hawaiian entity" (pg 1360 line 5)

Pg 1359

17 ‘‘(4) SPONSORING FACILITY.—The term ‘spon18

soring facility’ is—

19 ‘‘(A) a hospital;

20 ‘‘(B) a public health department;

21 ‘‘(C) a community health center;

22 ‘‘(D) a nonprofit health care entity whose

23 mission is to provide access to comprehensive

24 primary health care services;

25 ‘‘(E) a local educational agency; or

Pg 1360

1 ‘‘(F) a program administered by the In2

dian Health Service or the Bureau of Indian

3 Affairs or operated by an Indian tribe or a trib4

al organization under the Indian Self-Deter5

mination and Education Assistance Act, a Na6

tive Hawaiian entity, or an urban Indian pro7

gram under title V of the Indian Health Care

8 Improvement Act.

# is not funny anymore.. and this is reality

Why is it there? and why with our proposed health care?

Is he paying for it personally, or is it giving him control?

This is a legal contract, No?

We need the judge, pay him to read this and explain it man!

Contracts are made to say the simple lest things in the most exhaustive manners.

pg 1359

17 ‘‘(4) SPONSORING FACILITY.—The term ‘spon-

18 soring facility’ is—

19 ‘‘(A) a hospital;

20 ‘‘(B) a public health department;

21 ‘‘(C) a community health center;

22 ‘‘(D) a nonprofit health care entity whose

23 mission is to provide access to comprehensive

24 primary health care services;

25 ‘‘(E) a local educational agency; or

pg 1360

1 ‘‘(F) a program administered by the In

2dian Health Service or the Bureau of Indian

3 Affairs or operated by an Indian tribe or a trib

4 al organization under the Indian Self-Deter

5 mination and Education Assistance Act, a Na

6 tive Hawaiian entity, or an urban Indian pro

7 gram under title V of the Indian Health Care

8 Improvement Act.

0 AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.—For

10 purposes of carrying out this section, there are authorized

11 to be appropriated $50,000,000 for fiscal year 2011 and

12 such sums as may be necessary for each of fiscal years

13 2012 through 2015.’’.

$50,000,000 then what thgey deem necessary for 2012-2015

Printing some more money, AYe?

Looks like another grant for Acorn

3 ‘‘(d) ELIGIBILITY.—To be eligible for a grant or con4

tract under subsection (c), an entity shall—

5 ‘‘(1) be a nonprofit entity;

6 ‘‘(2) agree to work with a variety of institu

7 tional health care providers, physicians, nurses, and

8 other health care practitioners; and

9 ‘‘(3) if the entity is not the organization holding

10 a contract under section 1153 of the Social Security

11 Act for the area to be served, agree to cooperate

12 with and avoid duplication of the activities of such

13 organization.

Develop new best practices?

pg 1325

24 ‘‘(f) DEVELOPING NEW BEST PRACTICES.—The Di25

rector shall develop best practices that are—

pg 1326

1 ‘‘(1) based on a review of existing scientific evi2

dence;

3 ‘‘(2) sufficiently detailed for implementation

4 and incorporation into the workflow of health care

5 providers; and

6 ‘‘(3) designed to be easily adapted for use by

7 health care providers across a variety of health care

8 settings.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Finally medical device surveillance

Wow spending another 3 BILLION

Billion

pg 1338

4 ‘‘(e) QUALITY AND SURVEILLANCE.—For the pur5

pose of carrying out part D of title IX and section 1709,

6 in addition to any other amounts authorized to be appro7

priated for such purpose, there are authorized to be appro8

priated, out of any monies in the Public Health Invest9

ment Fund, $300,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2011

10 through 2015.’’.

13 ‘‘(B) In this subsection, the term ‘covered device’—

16 appropriate and specifies in regulation, a class II de

17 vice that is life-supporting or life-sustaining.

18 ‘‘(C) Notwithstanding subparagraph (B)(i), the Sec

19 retary may by order exempt a class III device from the

20 provisions of this subsection if the Secretary concludes

21 that inclusion of information on the device in the registry

22 will not provide useful information on safety or effective

23ness.

Definition

Class II are held to a higher level of assurance than Class I devices that they will perform as indicated and will not cause injury or harm to

patient or user. Devices in this class are typically non-invasive and include x-ray machines, PACS, powered wheelchairs, infusion pumps,

surgical drapes, surgical needles and suture material,acupuncture needles.

Examples of Class III devices which require a premarket approval include replacement heart valves, silicone gel-filled breast implants,

implanted cerebral stimulators, implantable pacemaker pulse generators and endosseous (intra-bone) implants (with the exception of root-form

endosseous dental implants which were recently reclassified as Class II).

Class II - needle breaking my skin, inside of me

Class III - Implantable

en.wikipedia.org...:_General_Controls_with_Special_Controls

pg 1502

8 ‘‘National Medical Device Registry

9 ‘‘(g)(1)(A) The Secretary shall establish a national

10 medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as

11 the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety

12 and outcomes data on each covered device.

13 ‘‘(B) In this subsection, the term ‘covered device’—

16 appropriate and specifies in regulation, a class II de17

vice that is life-supporting or life-sustaining.

pg 1503

7 ‘‘(A) including in the registry, in a manner con8

sistent with subsection (f), appropriate information

9 to identify each covered device by type, model, and

10 serial number or other unique identifier;

pg 1505

13 ‘‘(B) In this paragraph, the term ‘data’ refers to in14

formation respecting a covered device, including claims

15 data, patient survey data, standardized analytic files that

16 allow for the pooling and analysis of data from disparate

17 data environments, electronic health records, and any

18 other data deemed appropriate by the Secretary.

I think it's safe to say that by definition if they say that it's life supporting, which would be a good argument for this device, an

implantable device to collect data (Mark of the beast) is in this bill! Or my pacemaker will store the info?

This is just after 3 hrs of looking for some key terms by one guy, We need to read this and ensure this doesn’t get passed or we will have a lot to complain about and find out the hard way and when it’s too late. There are so many distractions right now, and for good reason.

One thing I learned is you can’t control the uncontrollable, apply that to life and a lot of problems aren’t that important.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
geez...did anyone think that it might also be about heart devices, kidney devices, artificial limbs, larnyx reconstruction, hearing implants, penile implants, breast implants, artificial knees, artificial hips, ...the list goes on

That's exactly what it's about.

... but you know, those nuts out there just love to scare themselves to death.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Terrorist trials, H1N1, Health Care

Terrorist trials – In the jury’s hands – don’t sweat it

H1N1 – take precaution, wash your hands, do your best

Health Care – We the people can stop this, or do nothing, let it pass, and cry later.

Up to you!
Sorry for the extensive response, I hope it provides somes insight

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
wow yeah i totally agree with this

never thought about it like that

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourcesonly
wow yeah i totally agree with this

never thought about it like that

Who are you agreeing with?
Just looking to be clear, not a pun.
Thanks,
G

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf
reply to post by patmac

"To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes."

Sort of lets us know from the very start that there are things in there that have nothing to do with health care. The people should start contacting their states to refuse this. Just because that government passes this, doesn't mean we have to put up with it. States have the rights to say no and it's past time to do so.

Is it strange that the Cybersecurity act has the same exact ending to the intro?

To ensure the continued free flow of commerce within the United States and with its global trading partners through secure cyber communications, to provide for the continued development and exploitation of the Internet and intranet communications for such purposes, to provide for the development of a cadre of information technology specialists to improve and maintain effective cyber security defenses against disruption, and for other purposes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join