It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchiping included in Healthcare Bill?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
From the FDA website:
www.fda.gov...
New technology for maintaining patient data
FDA approved, through the de novo process, the VeriChip ™ Health Information Microtransponder System, consisting of an implantable chip, an introducer, and a reader. After the chip is implanted subcutaneously, a caregiver is able to retrieve a unique patient identifier and patient medical information from a prescription website when the patient is otherwise unable to provide this information. The medical information on the website is supplied by the patient and can only be accessed with appropriate authorization.

As of yesterday, Verichip is no longer Verichip Corp...It is now "Positive ID Corp" Maybe they felt the name "VeriChip" had become too controversial...
SEC filing here:
www.sec.gov...

from bnet:

industry.bnet.com...
“PositiveID will be the first company of its kind to combine a successful identity security business with one of the world’s first personal health records through our Health Link business. PositiveID will address some of the most important issues affecting our society today with our identification tools and technologies for consumers and businesses.”
BTW, this business/industry website has quite alot of interesting articles linked here.

Here is an actual TV commercial that 1st aired on Oct 15th, 2009:
www.youtube.com...
healthlinkinfo.com...
www.verichipcorp.com...

From RFID News:
www.rfidnews.org...
If anyone is interested, they can do a google search for "ehr rfid" and, using advanced search, filter out all but ".gov" websites. This has a treasure trove of information on this subject and will lead most people to the answers they have on this subject. IMO, it aint pretty...BTW, ehr means Electronic Health Record.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Elostone, excellent find!!!
After reviewing I was curious as to the "de novo process"
FDA approved, through the de novo process

I stumbled across this:
Where do we get the term “de novo”? It arises out of the Device Amendments of 1976, which basically said that, if your device product was not a product that was on the market at the time the Amendments were enacted or, if introduced after that date and not substantially equivalent to a pre-‘76 device, then that newly-introduced device was automatically placed into Class III -- the most risky class applicable to medical devices. As many of you know, a Class III device requires pre-market approval as opposed to clearance under the significantly cheaper and faster premarket notification [510(k)] process that is available to Class II device -- which at the time of 1976 Amendments allowed a device to be sold if it met performance standards (now “special controls”) -- or Class I devices, which must meet “general controls” Today, Class II devices are governed by “special controls,” which range from a performance standard to guidance documents issued by FDA establishing other controls, as deemed appropriate by FDA for the device in question.

www.amdm.org...

Also this:
www.becker-consult.com...

So we can now pretty much say for a fact that there is a class II/III device that is FDA approved and available, correct?

Next, I proceed to review PositiveID, clicked news
check out some results.
November 2009
►▼ IATA chooses three tag suppliers for airline baggage tagging · November 13
►▼ Motorola to embed all hand held computers with RFID tags · November 13
►▼ SMARTRAC wins contract to supply 30 million tags · November 13
►▼ R.I. Governor vetoes RFID ban on tracking students · November 12
►▼ Trapeze updates medical tracking solution · November 12
►▼ New incentive system uses RFID to boost recycling · November 12
►▼ iDTRONIC launches new line of industrial RFID tags · November 11
►▼ NephSystem releases new PDA reader with built-in printer · November 10
►▼ Hong Kong aims to be RFID hub of Asia Pacific · November 10
►▼ IBM releases new software for supply chain management · November 10
►▼ GAO releases new Gen 2 laundry tag · November 9
►▼ DASH7 Alliance to tackle container security · November 9
►▼ Identec Solutions provides RFID for trucking terminals in Brazil, Spain · November 9
►▼ SMARTRAC to supply RFID inlays for public trasportation tickets in Spain, Latvia · November 6
►▼ Next gen iPhones could be RFID-enabled · November 6
www.rfidnews.org...

Finally clicked on vendors tab and it forwards you to:
Crazy!
"Conceptions of 'who we are' change radically in identity focused enviroments.
www.avisian.com...
"Never in history has such importance been associated with the task of Identifying and authenticating individuals"
Click refresh three times, each time different banner in background.

Elostone:
I don't think i need or can venture any further.
I am declaring this a fact, Need to face it.
Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gtown
Elostone:
I don't think i need or can venture any further.
I am declaring this a fact, Need to face it.
Any thoughts?

Well, yes, actually. I came to a similar conclusion earlier today, but continued digging. As a result, I learned much, MUCH more.
For example:
Remember that "Stimulus Bill" that slithered in the back door, I mean "passed" last Feb? Check This out...

"What is the HITECH Act?

On February 17, 2009 a $787 Billion, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 aka “the Stimulus Bill,” was signed into law by the federal government. Included in this law is $22 Billion and $19.2 Billion of that is intended to be used to increase the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) by physicians and hospitals; this portion of the bill is called, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, or HITECH Act. The government firmly believes in the benefits of using electronic health records and is ready to invest federal resources to proliferate its use. Title XIII in Division A, pages 112 through 165 and Title IV in Division B, pages 353 through 398, cover the HITECH portion of this economic recovery act."

That's over $40 Billion with a B (which as we saw in the "cash For Clunkers" program is simply a starting number) And almost 100 pages dedicated to the HITECH program alone!!!

hitechanswers.net...

And here are the incentives for Physicians and Hospitals to get onboard NOW...
"How to read this table: The first row represents the year you adopt an EMR system. The first column represents how much the payout will be each year. For example, if you are a current user, your payout for 2012 will be $12K. If you adopt an EMR system in 2013, your payout will be $15K in 2013, $12k in 2014, and $8K in 2015."

Sorry the table didn't come out right so here's the link:
www.elekta.com...

What a coincidence...Have this system online before 2013, (when the Proposed Health Care Bill becomes mandatory) and you (the Doctor/Hospital)gets a fat $44K incentive...

What I dont get is why arent all the Doctors talking about this???

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
Interesting..

In “real world speak”, according to this report, this new law, when fully implemented, provides the framework for making the United States the first Nation in the World to require each and every one of its citizens to have implanted in them a radio-frequency identification (RFID) microchip for the purpose of controlling who is, or isn’t, allowed medical care in their country.

Wellll, maybe not...
I saw several articles and more than 1 powerpoint presentation in my searching this subject today, that were talking about a similar program being implemented in the EU. The powerpoint I saw Was out of Scandanavia. I just read small portions of those though as I was looking for info pertaining to the US Health Care Bills agendas.
I have been retracing my steps trying to find them, but I covered alot of ground today and I'm tired.
I will post them when I find them, but it appears that this is planned to be a global thing, and in the not-too-distant-future.

BTW, you all know that all passports issued in the last 2 or 3 years globally have RFID chips embedded in them, dont you? Just food for thought...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There are also some SERIOUSLY dangerous physical implications that will result (and will most likely be ignored) from the implant. Apparently, almost every animal that was implanted with the verichip eventually developed cancer.

Please take a look at some of these pdfs, they are quite interesting.
www.antichips.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I think we may have a smoking gun here folks rather than an attempt to implant everyone.

There is a way to avoid body implants - you can chip mobile phones, ID cards, passports, driving licences etc... and then demand that all information about you is held ont any of the above devices. The Government then has a 'halfway house' before some incident occurs which then forces them to implant people for their 'own safety and security.'

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Heronumber0]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
$$$$$
Money, Money, Money....Mon Ey!

This is not the answer I expected to reach, however, its the facts.
I'm amazed! I'm actually speechless.

I understand a panel was set up in the stimulus package too.
www.hhs.gov...

I'm starting a new thread dedicated for the disection of this bill.
What else is in here?
Are we the only ones concerned.

Did you see in my earlier post:
part of the sponsoring parties is " a native hawaiian entity"
from hospital to native hawaiian entity? sounds like a way of saying Obama without saying obama?

Are you in US? Why do I feel like I'm dealing with the new age hitler?
"Bioethics", look it up!
join me on my post.
AMERICA - H.R. 3962 - URGENT - Please contribute

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The potential risks to health associated with the device are: adverse tissue
reaction; migration of implanted transponder; compromised information
security; failure of implanted transponder; failure of inserter; failure of
electronic scanner; electromagnetic interference; electrical hazards;
magnetic resonance imaging incompatibility; and needle stick.

www.antichips.com...

I can't believe all this info is out there and noone is covering it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I was kind of thinking this, Can anyone confirm is it states RFID specifically?

TPTB are far too intelligent to do something that stupid.

They would make it as cryptic as they can.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I was kind of thinking this, Can anyone confirm is it states RFID specifically?

TPTB are far too intelligent to do something that stupid.

They would make it as cryptic as they can.

docs.house.gov...

pg 1502

14 ‘‘(i) shall include each class III device; and

15 ‘‘(ii) may include, as the Secretary determines

16 appropriate and specifies in regulation, a class II de

17 vice that is life-supporting or life-sustaining.

The word implantable was removed, however, the definition of device is:

As in the bill pg 341, is as follows and includes implantable, so we don't need that in the bill......

1 ‘‘(1) MEDICAL DEVICE.—The term ‘medical de

2 vice’ means any device (as defined in section 201(h)

3 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act) in

4 tended for humans.

Definition of Device as stated in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act

(h) The term "device" (except when used in paragraph (n) of this section and in sections 301(i), 403(f), 502(c), and 602(c)) means an

instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, contrivance, implant, in vitro reagent, or other similar or related article, including any component, part, or accessory, which is--

(1) recognized in the official National Formulary, or the United States Pharmacopeia, or any supplement to them,

(2) intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in man or other animals, or

(3) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals, and which does not achieve its primary intended

purposes through chemical action within or on the body of man or other animals and which is not dependent upon being metabolized for the

achievement of its primary intended purposes.

www.fda.gov...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
After carefully reading most, but not all of the postings here, I seen nobody noticed one thing about the bill, and that was that it said this:

"“The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that—‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and ‘‘(B) is a class III device; or ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable.”"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if ya'll will notice, the statement above says any device used in or "on" a patient? The key word here is "ON". Dental fillings, caps, surgically installed teeth, and partials will fall into this catagory, as will contact lenses!

Then think about how many americans have medic alert braclets, hearing aids, and people who have cosmetic surgery . All will fall into a catagory that according to gov't mandate, requires an rfid chip.

Then we must not forget vaccines! In order for proper monitoring, the gov't will want us to get chipped as to not delay or confuse any medical personell if any further treatments are needed during a pandemic of some sorts.

The beast of revelation is here, staring us all in the face!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

“The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that—‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and ‘‘(B) is a class III device; or ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable.”

I nearly messed up and sent this to a friend in the National Media until I read it carefully without bias and looked up what a Class 2 and Class 3 medical device actually is and what this is about. This is about product safety and has nothing to do with patient information or injecting chips into our bodies. If a chip were used however it would be a Class 2 device that is injectable. The Bill also mandates nothing of the sort. There is nothing in this language to do with what people think is going on. In other words Jones is once again playing on peoples hysteria and illiteracy to his advantage. i.e. for donations

Class II: General Controls with Special Controls

Class II devices are those for which general controls alone are insufficient to assure safety and effectiveness, and additional existing methods are available to provide such assurances. Therefore, Class II devices are also subject to special controls in addition to the general controls of Class I devices. Special controls may include special labeling requirements, mandatory performance standards, and postmarket surveillance.[2] Devices in Class II are held to a higher level of assurance than Class I devices that they will perform as indicated and will not cause injury or harm to patient or user. Devices in this class are typically non-invasive and include x-ray machines, PACS, powered wheelchairs, infusion pumps, surgical drapes, surgical needles and suture material,acupuncture needles.
[edit] Class III: General Controls and Premarket Approval

A Class III device is one for which insufficient information exists to assure safety and effectiveness solely through the general or special controls sufficient for Class I or Class II devices. Such a device needs premarket approval, a scientific review to ensure the device's safety and effectiveness, in addition to the general controls of Class I. Class III devices are described as those for which "insufficient information exists to determine that general controls are sufficient to provide reasonable assurance of its safety and effectiveness or that application of special controls ... would provide such assurance and if, in addition, the device is life-supporting or life-sustaining, or for a use which is of substantial importance in preventing impairment of human health, or if the device presents a potential unreasonable risk of illness or injury."[3]

Examples of Class III devices which require a premarket approval include replacement heart valves, silicone gel-filled breast implants, implanted cerebral stimulators, implantable pacemaker pulse generators and endosseous (intra-bone) implants (with the exception of root-form endosseous dental implants which were recently reclassified as Class II).

Postmarket data on these devices is already required. This establishes an office to review the data on safety and effectivness of these devices which is already required. It is not new and simply places the cost under this Healthcare Plan.

Before I get flamed here, I'm 100% oposed to this Healthcare Plan, but unlike Alex Jones I don't need to be re-educated in the English language, nor do I need to fabricate falsehoods to make my point. I want this Bill to fail for real reasons, not invented ones. Jones is not reliable. I don't believe he is illiterate, so he knows he misrepresented this.

I can't help but wonder why so few people actually read this and checked on what it means? With something this important if people care they need to do their homework. Otherwise you give the other side ammunition by making us look illiterate.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

There is not a single line in this about using RFID chips. This is about product safety evaluation. Reread that carefully, without your bias in high gear. This has zero to do with what you think it does and it is in plain English.

The only way this involves an implantable chip is it would require a safety evaluation.

Bills are written in precise language and its very important you read what they say carefully and look up full info on anything it refers too. Otherwise you end up thinking it is about something it is not. This is NOT about implanting RFID's in people.

Jones should know better. That is why this is not being discussed much because people who read it know it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac
for making the United States the first Nation in the World to require each and every one of its citizens to have implanted in them a radio-frequency identification (RFID) microchip for the purpose of controlling who is, or isn’t, allowed medical care in their country.

Star and Flag, patmac. Great observation!

Peace,
Mulder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join