It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from London, UK!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
(Sorry to everyone who's already posted in this topic, slight hiccup with my account, and I had to re-post this.)

Hello to everyone at ATS. It's a pleasure to be here with you all. It's a wonderful site. I have been lurking for some weeks, but finally decided to sign up today, as I can't keep my mouth shut any longer.

It has taken me a long time to get here, but it was pretty inevitable that I would start posting at a place like this sooner or later.

My journey has been a long one, it all started some time around the late 90's when I first read Fingerprints of the gods by Graham Hancock, leant to me by my cousin. Some years later, someone on a Star Trek forum recommended The 12th planet by Zecharia Sitchin... pretty amazing stuff. I mentioned it to the cousin who had initially recommended Fingerprints of the gods and started this ball rolling in that direction, only to be accused of "blasphemy". What an absolutely curious reaction. I had mentioned it only as an interesting theory, not a fact, apparently even mention of such things is abhorrent to some people. Since then, I've kept my thoughts to myself, for fear of upsetting friends and family's chore believes. This site should provide a much needed outlet.

I think it's important to mention I don't simply swallow everything I read without question, and take most things with a large grain of salt. My drive is probably that I've always gotten a tremendous kick out of contemplating the strange. I have been a sci-fi and space fanatic since childhood. I do think this whole area of alternative history, alternative archeology, forbidden science, etc, are easily the most fascinating and riveting subjects I've ever come across. I think it's so exciting to think of all the things out there we may not be privy to. Life really is as Shakespeare would have it: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Where am I at now? Finally, I stumbled across the massive body of work by Project Camelot - which has completely blown my mind, and makes even Sitchin's stuff look tame. I don't know what to make of them, they and their guests are just so out there... I am nevertheless fascinated. I've almost completed their entire archive of interviews, just a couple or so left.

So, here I am, a relative newbie to alternative thinking, conspiracy theories, and the like, but I have a feeling I'm going to become a fixture here.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wind in Her Hair

I noticed that spelling mistake too

Welcome......again

Peace.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Very embarrassing. I guess I was a little to eager to sign up.

I admire your restraint in not pointing it out the first time around.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Wind in Her Hair]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
sounds like your ready for ATS...it's great to have another open-minded person, just don't let your logic and reason fall out through the opening.

welcome aboard

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the wise words Jimmyx. Logic and reason are good words to live by. A lot of stuff to potentially get lost in if you don't sift very carefully.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I read that first post and experienced an odd deja vu.

kidding. welcome aboard, again.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just a little blip in the matrix.

Thanks for the help, Crakeur.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

no worries, it's what I'm here for

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Another Cockney
"Alright me ol' mucker" Please tel me you love Pie n' mash.

Welcome aboard.

Watch out for LiveForever8 he will have you're hub caps before you can say NWO

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Woz jus lookin' for hub caps, na'mean? Me an' 'im could probably do a sweet deal. Ama fish an' chips gewl. Used to be Norf London, defected to the west now.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Welcome...

Used to be Norf London

So - Tottenham or Arsenal..?

Enjoy ur stay...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Gunner mate, always.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wind in Her Hair
Woz jus lookin' for hub caps, na'mean? Me an' 'im could probably do a sweet deal. Ama fish an' chips gewl. Used to be Norf London, defected to the west now.

now might be a good time to remind the new members, as well as the old that the Terms and Conditions of the site explicity state that we speak english here

1i.) Language: The dominant language of our users and moderation staff is English. In order to promote a smooth-running environment and fair enforcement of these Terms & Conditions, you agree not to post or chat in any language other than English.

I tried putting that text thru gibberish, jive and redneck and came up wit nuttin'

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Alright governor, will try.

Apparently, I can't respond to U2U's until I reach 20 posts...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

you can only converse with staff via u2u until that magic post quota is hit.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Oi’ geezer I can’t Adam and eve, you don’t understand what the twist and twirl’s nattering about.

She said, She was ave’in a butchers hook for some ub’ caps and could probley do a sweet jellied eel. And she rubber gloves Lillian Gish with er’ jockeys whips.

The bird used to live the other side of the Bobby Brown, but as moved to the Pete Best.

Fakkin ‘ell geezer don’t you understand the runner beans English. E’s gotta be a septic tank, what you reckon treacle.

EDIT: Jaffa cakes

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Agent-ATS]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
^ Oh, that is brilliant!

I did have to pause to think about some of those, but they eventually came to me... you've put me to shame, I've only ever lived as far north (or any other direction for that matter) as zone two. So, I'm a bit of a fraud. I am an immigrant though - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Excellent opener!

You sound like you're gonna be a perfect fit here at ATS!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thank you, redoubt.

This is the kind of site I've been looking for since I first got online in 1997. It's a wonder I have found it before.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I love Shakespeare, great use of quote look forward to reading more of your post. Welcome aboard you are among friends.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join